SIMC batch 2005-07, Post ur profiles

Okie all u ppl who have decidd to enter the domains of SIMC(read Symbi insti of mass comm) please post ur profile here…After all we are abt to spend 2 years of our lives in that place. I go first cos I started this thread. I am Rohit fro…

Okie all u ppl who have decidd to enter the domains of SIMC(read Symbi insti of mass comm) please post ur profile here....After all we are abt to spend 2 years of our lives in that place.

I go first cos I started this thread.
I am Rohit from Hyderabad, and have been selected for the advertising stream at SIMC. I am finishing grad in computers from Hyderabd.
Lookin forwoard to SIMC considering the cool things i herd abt that place.....
Anybosy who is also lookin ofr accomadation in Pune, please mail me...cos I am lookin to share an apartment with a batch mate......

hello everybody have got thru simc advertising am lukin fer a flatmate in pune if any guy is interested in plz contact at [email protected]
i'm from delhi am currently doin grad. in english from delhi university .....am waitin eagerly fer 6 june to come .have heard a lot abt simc ....... hope evrythin comes true want to solve this stayin issue as soon as possible:grab: :huh:
hey its goona be great fun at pune :whatthat: :smilecol:

Hi all... all=2... Me on my way to pune too.. PR@ SIMC. I'm a Mech Engineer from Mumbai. Man, of all the threads, the SIMC ones are pretty desolate. Quite a sad situation considering its for people planning to do communications in life.

Anyway, I posted this in the other thread too... Ive set up a yahoogroups for anyone interested to get to know batchmates. Thought mayb more ppl surf there than pagalguy.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/simc07

Join up guys!
Cheers.

Dear SIMCians,

It's true that future communication professionals have been very shy to communicate. Anyway great going mad_toothbrush. I am even surprised to find 3 posts on this thread.

Well, my name is Vinil (Advertising) and I'm from Anand, Gujarat. Hope you've heard of the place and for those of you who don't know the place, it's the place where Amul originated. I completed my Bachelor of Commerce from here and I have been working for a year. I have been tring to enter the hallowed portals of MICA for the past 2 years but I guess somebody up there feels that I'm better off in SIMC. Anyway, he's the Boss and I'm not agruing with him. Anyway, Pune is far better than Ahmedabad. I mean, glowing chicks and flowing booze - what else could a man want?

I am also looking for accomodation and it would be better if we all mentioned the dates on which we will be arriving at Pune. That would make the job easier. Hope to see a lot moreactivity on this thread.

Don Corleone

Dear SIMCians,

Hope all of you have already sent your DDs for the first installment of fees. The question is, has anyone of you recieved a reciept or any confirmation regarding the same? Please reply guys, I'm scared cos SIMC guys are famous for messing up stuff.

Don Corleone

Yaaaaay finally I see 4 posts on this....hmm was begining to wonder if I was goin to be the only SIMCian in 2005.....hehhee, Anyways me touchin Pune on the 2 of june...have a cuzin who will gimme shelter for a week ....so I have a week to find accomadation....
Anybody intersted???....mail me
[email protected]

well called up the SIMC office in the morn to confirm n the lady said she had recieved my DD...just call them up after 10in the morn n check out..

Hey Ganja,

I did call them up many times and each time I called up, there was some or the other problem. Either nobody picked up or the accountant was out for lunch or the receptionist connected me to a person who did not know squat about admissions. Anyway, I'll keep trying.

Don Corleone

Oh hi toothbrush!
Just remembered u as the one who actually gave a good review about the place! 😃 Just letting u know if ur review turns out wrong, you will b a lot closer for me to hunt down... so watch out!

ehem, zonked, the review i got is what i fwd to u. My sources tell me that SIMC rocks even today. and I believ placements are also rockin in there.......so lets just hope for the best.
btw if u dont trust my words, u cud read a review of that place at www.jammag.com , written by somebody who cudnt get into that place.

His exact words were:"Get ready for 2 years of hardwork, sleeples nights and big time fun......the first two is the norm at any bschool, while the 3rd thign is specific to SIMC only bcos u r not crunching numbers and stcks there...u r crunching with creative fluids..."

*with his fingers crossed, Rohit prays to god that his sources were right, esle no amt of armour cud save his ass......

mad_toothbrush Says
*with his fingers crossed, Rohit prays to god that his sources were right, esle no amt of armour cud save his ass......

Don't worry about getting kicked in the ass cos I've heard
that a kick in the rear is a step forward
ehem, zonked, the review i got is what i fwd to u. My sources tell me that SIMC rocks even today. and I believ placements are also rockin in there.......so lets just hope for the best.
btw if u dont trust my words, u cud read a review of that place at www.jammag.com , written by somebody who cudnt get into that place.

His exact words were:"Get ready for 2 years of hardwork, sleeples nights and big time fun......the first two is the norm at any bschool, while the 3rd thign is specific to SIMC only bcos u r not crunching numbers and stcks there...u r crunching with creative fluids..."

Ah well, the only way to know a place best is to xperience it first-hand...

Btw, i couldnt find ny relavant article at jammag. Me aint too familiar with it, maybe so. I am curious tho, so do post the link if u cld. Not that it makes a difference, I am headed there anyway to make the best o whatever crosses my path.

* There are more souls with varied sources and crossed fingers hoping for all good their way...

* As for sorry asses... dont b too sure... as they say- even a pat on the back is just a few centimeters from a kick in the seat

I propose a Toast...never in the history of Pagal guy, has an SIMC post appeared on the first page with so much activity in it...11 posts to be precise..hmmm.....so here is a toast.

Ah well, the only way to know a place best is to xperience it first-hand...

I guess this is the one. Caution: to be taken with a pinch of salt ;)

http://www.jammag.com/careers/articles/college_reviews/simcpune.htm

All the best, guys!

Is there anybody who applied for FTII Pune here too?
One of my sole reasons for choosing SIMCis that i can pursue a short term course in FTI pune....at the same time.
if any SIMCian is reading, plij do enlightenment on the nature of work at SIMC...do u think v will have a real hectic schedule like most B schools......or are we the Laidback genre???

Hey guys,

It's been almost a month since anybody posted on this thread. Is anybody alive? The time to meet is closing in so I think we should be in touch. Hey mad_toothbrush and ganja, where are you?

Don Corleone

whey Don, long time.....this is one of the few posts on Pagaly guy with the least activity....jus goes to show that the SIMCians are either ignorant of this thing called the internet or that we few ppl are the only phaltus in town who even bother to go to pagal guy.com,....anyways, me hitting pune by 4th morning....how about u?. I msgd chinar and I guess he hits town on 3rd....i guess we shud all meet up at some place and start looking for acomadaton by 4th....whatsay???

sorry guys..was outta town in spiti valley...no net nothing at alll.. reaching pune on 30th.. n will look for some place to stay.. heard they take a yrs rent upfront unlike in delhi.. what a pain..any idea bout accomm n all..

hey why dont u check out this...though it may me one of the least active yahoo groups around, discussions regarding accomodation n stuff are on.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/simc07

cheers