SIMC 2008-10 aspirants

Originally Posted by weirdkavs77 [image] _Hey Ya’ll I know snap is 8 mths away n all.But like they say, forewarned is forearmed (or sumthing like dat).So wake up people! Start preparing ,read up, practise, gather information, discuss! to get…

Originally Posted by weirdkavs77 View Post
Hey Ya'll
I know snap is 8 mths away n all.But like they say, forewarned is forearmed (or sumthing like dat).So wake up people! Start preparing ,read up, practise, gather information, discuss! to get that all important edge over others.

I have a few queries.
1) What is a good enough SNAP score to get you a call from SIMC.
2)Are there sectional cut offs.If yes, what sections should an SIMC aspirant concentrate on?What were the overall and sectional cut offs last year?
3)What is the written exam in the second round like?How does one prepare for it?
4) What is the personal interview like?Do they consider the candidate's extracurricular record?

Hey Ya'll
I know snap is 8 mths away n all.But like they say, forewarned is forearmed (or sumthing like dat).So wake up people! Start preparing ,read up, practise, gather information, discuss! to get that all important edge over others.

I have a few queries.
1) What is a good enough SNAP score to get you a call from SIMC.
2)Are there sectional cut offs.If yes, what sections should an SIMC aspirant concentrate on?What were the overall and sectional cut offs last year?
3)What is the written exam in the second round like?How does one prepare for it?
4) What is the personal interview like?Do they consider the candidate's extracurricular record?

Here are few links that might help you:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/materials-related-to-cat-xat-and-other-entrance-exams-posted-here-25011984
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/snap-2007-queries-and-discussion-25017015
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/anyone-for-mass-comm-courses-25000609
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/simc-admissions-2007-25017855

All the best.

Just read this article on Jam's website by an unsuccessful SIMC aspirant.

SIMC Pune: Careers by JAM

Gave me the jitters! He'd come so close.SO close!

Hi there,

This is Santosh . I successfully applied and got admitted to SIMC batch of 2007-09..But I opted out as I got admission elsewhere. I hope I can help u ... Maybe sum info from my side helps . This is if ur aimin for SIMC...

SIMC is a superb insti and 2-3 yrs down the line is gonna be even better .. by the time u come in u will be in to a sprawling new campus ... so infrastructure concerns r done with ..the faculty is top rate no doubt.. the industry interaction is also very good with top companies looking for graduates frm all 4 streams ( Adv, PR, Journo, Audio visual).. both for intern and final placements ..

I got a SNAP score of 64... ( the paper was relatively easier)... in any case try and master ur scores in the English and general knowledge sections.without completely ignoring the other ones.. a far better SNAP score is not gonna do u any harm.. rite ???

The admission process is different , but is an experience in itself . The Director of the institute is a very visionary person . So take it one at a time and prepare well...

for our batch .. here's how it went
1) initial short list based on SNAP score
2) First rounds of interviews at diff venues ( they had short listed arnd 1300 ppl for 200 seats hence this was more of an elimination round )
3) Final interviews, GD, and Assignments round .. You will be given certain assignments or tasks and will have 25-30 days to make it as creatively as possible and present it at the end .. These assignments carry a lot of marks ( 40/100 in our case ) ...

But for now .. concentrate on SNAP .. PM me if u need any more help ..

Hi dear, cud u gime an insight in2 the kinda preperation tht 1 is expected to do in order to crack in2 SIMC?? PLEASE!!

is this thread dead?

just chill guys...SNAP is a long way to go.

Hi , can someone gimme info about the sectional cutoffs.how mmuch do you have to score minimum in each section to be elliglble for simc.and is there a written exam with the gd and pi also?

lol....guess wht???? am completely demotivated after reading tht article on jammag....absolute shiteness.... tht dude was damn close!!!!
its gonna b even more difficult especially with all those reserved seats....looks like bout 12 seats'll b available for the general quota!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( and the best part is tht i have no backup colleges or courses!!!!

Hi,

Does SIMC have sectional cut-offs? How much should I prepare for the math section? and what is the best book to prepare for the current affairs section from?:

Concentrate on english..score a 25+ and u should expect a call...The system is really transparent and you can evaluate ursle fafetr evry round.make sure ur assignments are really smart. last yr, there were close to 1200 calls out of which 120 made it.

cheers!

hi everyone,
can someone please clearly explain to me how snap evaluation works?do you need a score of 25+ in the quantative and data interpretation section also?and please can someone suggest some websites where i can find resources to prepare for the general awareness section.

and what about the projects?what are the kind of topics that are asked?i am very anxious to know all this.pleeeeeeeease someone reply with the correct information.

cheers
sarah

Hey Ya'll again
nice to see this thread that i have started is still active .all the best to all of you applying to SIMC. i decided to change courses midwy and try to get into SIBM or SCMHRD.but i do hope my post was of some help. and i hope to see some of you in pune if i get through.
god bless
cheers
Kavita

Hey Guys,
This is Shrinkhla Narula, Im currently pursuing my masters from SIMC(Communication Management) and am here to guide u thru ur journey.. amm.. not dat im a pro.. but v had our seniors help us a lot.. and so v r all dere for u guys..

Firstly, its not tough to get thru simc.. if ur focused .. u know what u want to do. ur passionate about the course. and why u want to do it.. just b very clear as to why uv applied .. coz dats da only thing dat can make or break ur interview.. its gonna b stressing.. long procedure.. but its worth it..

Today v have our SIMC alumni all over the television circuit.. from nivedita Balaji to Genisis to CNN-IBN .. and its gettin even better wid da years.. rite now v r in a 30,000 sq. feet campus and will b movin to a 300 acres fully residential campus next year.. which will help us raise da bar tremendously..

Go on and chek da website.. Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication..
For any further queries u can contact me... at [email protected].

Go on.. be confident and ull sail thru!!!

Cheers!!
Shrinkhla
Media Trainee
SIMC-09

hi everyone,
can someone please clearly explain to me how snap evaluation works?do you need a score of 25+ in the quantative and data interpretation section also?and please can someone suggest some websites where i can find resources to prepare for the general awareness section.

and what about the projects?what are the kind of topics that are asked?i am very anxious to know all this.pleeeeeeeease someone reply with the correct information.

cheers
sarah

Mitin... sup? yeah.. i guess v'r bak to work 😛

hi

dis yr i wd b appearing4 snap.i hv filled d form bt i dont no 4m whr to get d prospectus of SIMC>its stated at d snap website tat u will get d prospectus 4m its own website bt m nt geting ne information on d website of simc.please giude.

Hi there,

This is Santosh . I successfully applied and got admitted to SIMC batch of 2007-09..But I opted out as I got admission elsewhere. I hope I can help u ... Maybe sum info from my side helps . This is if ur aimin for SIMC...

SIMC is a superb insti and 2-3 yrs down the line is gonna be even better .. by the time u come in u will be in to a sprawling new campus ... so infrastructure concerns r done with ..the faculty is top rate no doubt.. the industry interaction is also very good with top companies looking for graduates frm all 4 streams ( Adv, PR, Journo, Audio visual).. both for intern and final placements ..

I got a SNAP score of 64... ( the paper was relatively easier)... in any case try and master ur scores in the English and general knowledge sections.without completely ignoring the other ones.. a far better SNAP score is not gonna do u any harm.. rite ???

The admission process is different , but is an experience in itself . The Director of the institute is a very visionary person . So take it one at a time and prepare well...

for our batch .. here's how it went
1) initial short list based on SNAP score
2) First rounds of interviews at diff venues ( they had short listed arnd 1300 ppl for 200 seats hence this was more of an elimination round )
3) Final interviews, GD, and Assignments round .. You will be given certain assignments or tasks and will have 25-30 days to make it as creatively as possible and present it at the end .. These assignments carry a lot of marks ( 40/100 in our case ) ...

But for now .. concentrate on SNAP .. PM me if u need any more help ..

hi....if u have selected for the online payment thingy u're options of the instis will b listed...click on the institution u want the prospectus for and u'll get it thru mail once its available.... if u've paid otherwise, am sorry i dunno how to get the prospectus....mayb u hafta get it frm the univ directly....

hi

dis yr i wd b appearing4 snap.i hv filled d form bt i dont no 4m whr to get d prospectus of SIMC>its stated at d snap website tat u will get d prospectus 4m its own website bt m nt geting ne information on d website of simc.please giude.

hey, dont worry. The last date is still months aways. Guess SIMC would be releasing its first ad smtimes in Nov. Call up th office for more info. Their r some real good ppl waiting to help u out. i think the number is available at the site. cheers! Mitin
shrinkhla narul Says
Mitin... sup? yeah.. i guess v'r bak to work :P

I have taken excess burden of the footprints website..anywz just managing to do it well. yeah ..this is a nice place to help aspirants..our juniors.. cheers!