SIIB GD/PI Gyan 2006

ok people here is thread for solving all ur doubts abt SIIB gd/pi.pour ur thoughts here…we are listening Neelabh SIIB

ok people here is thread for solving all ur doubts abt SIIB gd/pi.pour ur thoughts here...we are listening

Neelabh
SIIB

Hey Neelabh,
Can u please tell us about your experience ?

Hi Neelabh

Can u tell is the GD an elimination round? There is no mention about PI in the result page. Also what are the stats for this year IB placements?

Cheers
Gaurav

hi neelabh what kind of Gd topics can we expect and is GD an elimination round as in case of SCMHRD and how would the interview like ....as it is international course what topics should we brush up.......

as of a personal question that I am a software engineer with 8 months of experience what can i expect in the interview i.e. some typical questions....

hi neelabh what kind of Gd topics can we expect and is GD an elimination round as in case of SCMHRD and how would the interview like ....as it is international course what topics should we brush up.......

as of a personal question that I am a software engineer with 8 months of experience what can i expect in the interview i.e. some typical questions....

hi gaurav(s),
the gd at SIIB is not an elimination round.there is a weightage attached to ur performance in all the four rounds i:e gd,psychometric test,written test and pi.for people wid work ex u definitely can expect sum questions abt ur learnings from ur work ex.u wud also do well to understand sum basic fundas abt WTO,India's Exim Policy and other such things.
Hey Neelabh,
Can u please tell us about your experience ?

our gd/pi process is essentially a four stage process. it starts wid a case study patterned on the lines of group discussion, a psychometric test and a written test followed by an interview. the case study is generally based on fictional situations. in my case study the group was asked to decide the course for a mid size indian pharma company where the owner is a middle aged man using old methods of management and his americam educated son who is a young brash go-getter which brings in conflict of idealogies, generation gap etc......it is a pretty simple process, nothing technical involved. just ensure that u speak sense and make decent points and u wud sail through the process. as for the psychometric test i have no idea how i cleared it !!u have abt 50 questions wid different situations. for ex- wud u give a bribe to get a contract? the answers wud be dependent entirely on ur viewpoint. the best strategy to deal wid psychometric tests is to answer what u feel. dont try to answer what u think wud be the rite answers bcoz there are no rite or wrong answers. for the written test it is a test of ur written communication skills. i was asked abt my views on rewriting of history textbooks by succesive governments. obviously what matters here is clarity of thought and good grasp over current affairs rather than fancy writting skills.
any other queries?speak out....we are listening.

Neelabh
SIIB

Ok k...Thnx for the info man...:-) so they will let us know the furthur date for the other things (PI, Psychometric test,etc...) ???? Can u please also tell sth about the placements in IB this year?

Cheers
Gaurav

for the GD process u will usually have a case study..It will test various aspects in u...ur logical thinking and clarity of thought and sequencing of thoughts,ur ethics etc...Don't take an unethical stand even though u know thats what happens in real life......My suggestion to all of u would be to take a neutral stand and always try to think from both the perspectives...Also if u can bring in a totally different point of view it would further ur chances a lot...Thats what helped me i guess..
For the interview they would most prob ask u to tell something abt urself and thats ur chance to direct them to ur strong points....Carry a resume in case and make sure u know ur resume by heart..There shouldn't be anything in ur resume u don't know abt ...
For ppl with work ex this wuld be a good point to direct them to ur work ex and usuall work ex guys have a good interview becos they get quizzed on their work mostly...Thats all for the general tips...Also dress smart and be confident...Confidence always shows..

Neelabh
SIIB

hi Neelabh,
How far the rank in first round helps?
What was the final rank last time for admission.
Please Also tell about Group Test.
Thanx

hi Neelabh,
How far the rank in first round helps?
What was the final rank last time for admission.
Please Also tell about Group Test.
Thanx

the rank in frst round is helpful only to a limited extent for eg the difference between rank 1 and rank 200 wud be only abt 10 odd marks.and if u consider the fact that for final selection just 40% weightage is given to frst round score u will see it in better perspective.the last rank which took admission last year was waitlisted at 70.and there is no such thing as grp test. it is a gd, a structured one in form of case study.u have to solve the case study as a group.u ll find the requirements for clearing the gd in previous posts.

Neelabh
SIIB

Thnx Neelabh for the useful tips for the GD and other things....:-)
but plz man can u tell me atleast a rough idea abt the placemnts?

Cheers
Gaurav

Actually On website It has been mentioned that there will be one grouptest.
Final Selection:
The final selection of students will be based on the performance in Phase I and Phase II.
The weightage will be as follows:

Written Test40% Group Discussion 20%Interviews20% Written Communication 10% Group Test 10%

hi neelabh

i have sent a private message to u needed ur help as the site tells that i have been shortlisted and my merit rank is 123 but does not give other details like GD no date time etc....if u could find that out it would be really kind of you my snap id is 525442 and name Gaurav Jindal

Thnx Neelabh for the useful tips for the GD and other things....:-)
but plz man can u tell me atleast a rough idea abt the placemnts?

Cheers
Gaurav

detailed info abt SIIB placements figures of class of 2006 can be found at life@SIIB thread page no 8.plz refer there.this thread is only for gd/pi stuff.atb

Neelabh
SIIB
Actually On website It has been mentioned that there will be one grouptest.
Final Selection:
The final selection of students will be based on the performance in Phase I and Phase II.
The weightage will be as follows:

Written Test40% Group Discussion 20%Interviews20% Written Communication 10% Group Test 10%

whoa... i was actually unaware of it !! which means psychometric test has been scrapped or renamed.watever be the case rest assured i will confirm the technicalities very soon on this thread.thnx anyways for bringing it to my notice dude.
Neelabh
SIIB
hi neelabh

i have sent a private message to u needed ur help as the site tells that i have been shortlisted and my merit rank is 123 but does not give other details like GD no date time etc....if u could find that out it would be really kind of you my snap id is 525442 and name Gaurav Jindal

dude this thread is just for gd/pi discussions.but never mind....if u hav any problem try calling up the SIIB Office.they will definitely help u out.tc

Neelabh
SIIB
oye neelabh check ur PM
misha Says
oye neelabh check ur PM

thank u.....

hi.Is there any dress code?Or what is generally preffered? sarees/salwar kameez/Formal office wear?