SIIB Admissions 2008 HelpDesk

Admission Season is just gathering steam…just the rite time for all u aspirants to start airing your queries abt SIIB…speak out people…we are listening :smiley: Neel ::

Admission Season is just gathering steam...just the rite time for all u aspirants to start airing your queries abt SIIB...speak out people...we are listening 😃
Neel

dear neelabh!!! how are you.
how is your life going on...
yes siib admission season on !!!
best of luck to all siib 2008-2010 aspirants...

Admission Season is just gathering steam...just the rite time for all u aspirants to start airing your queries abt SIIB...speak out people...we are listening 😃
Neel

hi neel sir i'm very interested in SIIB too but i've absolutely no clue as to wht the cut offs are and on what criteria does SIIB give calls??? i'm not a fresher dropped a yr but without workex and doing a certification course in addition to working on prep for my MBA. and also exactly how are the placements and on which section of the paper does SIIB put more stress on??? would really appreciate if you could throw some light on this...:neutral:
shreyasmooth Says
hi neel sir i'm very interested in SIIB too but i've absolutely no clue as to wht the cut offs are and on what criteria does SIIB give calls??? i'm not a fresher dropped a yr but without workex and doing a certification course in addition to working on prep for my MBA. and also exactly how are the placements and on which section of the paper does SIIB put more stress on??? would really appreciate if you could throw some light on this...:neutral:

Shreya...chck last year's threads for an idea abt cutoffs at SIIB...we use SNAP score+ acad backgrnd to give out calls...and also we give a slightly higher weightage to Quant section in SNAP...for last year's placement hav a luk at the link
http://www.pagalguy.com/index.php?categoryid=54&p2;_articleid=704
Neel

neel sir, even i'm interested in SIIB.. i dont really know any math 😞 are sectionals cutoffs compulsory??

scorpion_girl Says
neel sir, even i'm interested in SIIB.. i dont really know any math 😞 are sectionals cutoffs compulsory??

Umm...well we dnt hav sectional cutoffs...SIIB gives different weightages to different sectional scores of SNAP...i'll juss illustrate wid an example...SIIB mite give a 30% weightage to the Quant section , 25% to the Verbal and so on...we then arrive upon wat is called as the SIIB score...GD/PI calls are given out on the basis of SIIB score...i hope i made things clear...and yes the percentage that i gave is for illustration purpose only...cud be different this year...cheers !!
Neel
dear neelabh!!! how are you.
how is your life going on...
yes siib admission season on !!!
best of luck to all siib 2008-2010 aspirants...

Nadeem Dood...get a SIIIB rank in PG...ask ur senior Varun Goel how to go abt it...and nw u juniors take over this thread...obviously i will be arnd...but its difficult to manage this thread given my time constraints...cheers !!
Neel
Neel

Hey,

We first year students will help u out neelabh.... Shoot ur queries guys... I along with my batchmates will do our best to solve them.... Best of Luck for all the aspirants....

Regards
Sri
Hey,

We first year students will help u out neelabh.... Shoot ur queries guys... I along with my batchmates will do our best to solve them.... Best of Luck for all the aspirants....

Regards
Sri

hi bro,
can u plz tell that which were minimum required %ile last year SNAP
for
SIIB?
plz reply.....
(as symbiosis is my dream institute!!@)

what r the carrer opp.s and salary packages in las year placements in SIIB?

and what i think is Symbiosis brand helps a lot for a career profile...what do u think?:)

Hello...

So, we have travelled a full circle.. N once again the admission process starts.. My name is Varun and frm the seniors batch... I along with various other students will try our best to guide u guys.... Keep shootin ur queries...

All the best to all

hi bro,
for
SIIB?
plz reply.....

and what i think is Symbiosis brand helps a lot for a career profile...what do u think?:)

Hi...

Wel my friend, unlike CAT and XL, SNAP doesnt give percentiles. The max marks are 200 and u get a score out of 200 as ur final score... As far as the minimum score requirement goes, it depends whether u r a fresher or havn sm work ex.. Again the number of years of work-ex also matters...

N we also feel the same as u.. N thts y we are here..:)

Varun Goel
Hey,

Regards
Sri

Arre Sri, dnt 4gt us... Bt its gud to c the enthusiasm among al u guys... Keep it up..

Cheers...

Varun Goel
hi bro,
for
SIIB?
plz reply.....

Well last year this is how it worked... We got our SNAP results... And then we add marks of work experience, Previous acads, Extra curricular activities and then come to a cut off for SIIB... Last year it was 76.5 for open.. But it will vary according to the difficulty level of the paper..There was no percentile as such... I think the same is applicable for all the symbiosis institutes... Each one has a different selection criteria... U dont have sectional cut offs but calls depend a lot on ur profile..Also be specific when u say symbiosis is ur dream institue.. there are many good institutes withtin the symbi brand name.. SIIB is an excellent place to come.. It has a very good brand name as well... But trust me Brand Name of a college will give u ur first job, but not ur carreer... That is something u need to make... Avg sal last year was 7.6... Any other queries.. Please feel free to ask.. RegardsSri
Arre Sri, dnt 4gt us... Bt its gud to c the enthusiasm among al u guys... Keep it up..

Cheers...

Varun Goel

Na na man.. We havent forgotten u... we need the support of the seniors whenever possible.. We will do our bit.. Like the way u did for us last year!!RegardsSri
PGcalling Says
Na na man.. We havent forgotten u... we need the support of the seniors whenever possible.. We will do our bit.. Like the way u did for us last year!!RegardsSri

check ur PM
PGcalling Says
Well last year this is how it worked... We got our SNAP results... And then we add marks of work experience, Previous acads, Extra curricular activities and then come to a cut off for SIIB... Last year it was 76.5 for open.. But it will vary according to the difficulty level of the paper..There was no percentile as such... I think the same is applicable for all the symbiosis institutes... Each one has a different selection criteria... U dont have sectional cut offs but calls depend a lot on ur profile..Also be specific when u say symbiosis is ur dream institue.. there are many good institutes withtin the symbi brand name.. SIIB is a good place to come.. It has a very good brand name as well... But trust me Brand Name of a college will give u ur first job, but not ur carreer... That is something u need to make... Avg sal last year was 7.6... Any other queries.. Please feel free to ask.. RegardsSri

to,Varun & Sri:

thank u sir,
u gave a perfect info which i wanted...

Hi,

I am giving SNAP for the first time..... so plz guide me with the topics to stress on.....

Regards,
Amit.

Hi,

I am giving SNAP for the first time..... so plz guide me with the topics to stress on.....

Regards,
Amit.

Wel to be honest i wud say tht u shud focus or stress on evry area. There are 4 sections : Verbal, DI, GK and reasoning.. Scoring well in each section wil gve u gud chance of gettn call cos although there is no cutoff bt colleges give differnt weightages to different sections.. There u might lose out. The second and the easier way to go abt it is u try to identify ur strengths and weaknesses and try to maximise ur score while maintaining a minimum level in rest.. However since the marks for reasoning questions are more, u have to thnk smartly.. I hope it answers ur query..Al the best...Varun

Hi,
What is the experience required to be eligible for lateral placements ?