SIIB Admission 2009-11 Helpdesk

An official thread to cater to all your queries regarding siib and the admission process. Handled by the members of the PR team of the college. So feel free to pour in your queries ppl, v ll try to help u out s much s possible.

An official thread to cater to all your queries regarding siib and the admission process. Handled by the members of the PR team of the college.
So feel free to pour in your queries ppl, v ll try to help u out s much s possible.

Is the snap notification also out??

I guess its out.
U can check it on Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) for admission to Symbiosis Postgraduate degree programs

I guess its out.
U can check it on Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) for admission to Symbiosis Postgraduate degree programs

Hey can u temme 1 thng
Last time I GOT 72.25 in snap but not got a call
wat was the cut off and wat all factors are considered while givin a call

Hi,
Please tell us about the cut-offs of last year.
Thanks

i can not download the bulletin....is it working ...?

Cut off for the last year was 81.25 for Gen category, though some weightages were given to Engineers,CA,ICWA,Work ex and academically strong candidates...

Best of Luck for this year!!

I guess its out.

The site is NOT working :banghead:
mrintech Says
The site is NOT working :banghead:

I guess, the site is under construction... And soon, the announcement will be in flash..

Though the site shows the Test Schedule:

SNAP Test Date: 21st December 2008 (Sunday)
Time: 2-4 PM

Let's wait.. :chillpill:

hey guys!!!!
if you have any query regarding admission procedure of SIIB or anyother SIIB related issue.. We would love to answer your query.....

thanx a lot for the thread ....i am really looking forward for getting into SIIB.....cud u please put some more light on the selection criteria??
Last year I got a 69.5 :2gunfire: in SNAP and the SIIB Score was probably 74.5(i.e, SNAP SCORE + Weightages)......was the cut off near to 81??
cud u also please tell us about how the weightages were given???
one more thing....hows life@SIIB? I mean the college,sorrounding,faculty,infrastructure n placement??

thanx a lot in advance.....

Hey guys
I am kinda targeting SIIB
I got to know thru forums that it is 81 ....are they true figures for 2008 or does it go down/up(based on academics and work ex)

My profile is as follows
10: 70%
Diploma(Comp Sci) : 70%
Engg(Comp Sci): 62(with 1 yr gap)
Exp: Currently working as a Business Analyst with Kotak

I would be having 2yrs and 8 months of exp as and when I join the 2009 batch....how useful can it be and do they have lateral placements for candidates with reasonable work exp

-Rohit

Hi,

what's the snap score required for a call from siib for some one with 2 yrs of exp and compt engg backgrnd with 80 % in both 10th and +2

Thanks

Mayur

Last year cut off for gen. category was 81.25
But some weightages were given to engineer, ICWA,CA etc.. or ppl having more than 1 yr of work exp....
Academically strong ppl were also given some weightages......

For Life@SIIB.. there is a forum for this at pagalguy...

Best of luck for this year.....

A new year...a new set of aspiring SIIBlings ...all the best peeps !

vicks_8591 Says
hows life@SIIB
------> http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/lifesiib-25011299 ....Life updates for the past 3 years

@ Deepika...gud work in starting the thread :thumbsup:...keep updating this place...and yeah...get the "SIIB" tag under ur name...ask Pradeep how ! :D

Neel
Hey guys
I am kinda targeting SIIB
I got to know thru forums that it is 81 ....are they true figures for 2008 or does it go down/up(based on academics and work ex)

I would be having 2yrs and 8 months of exp as and when I join the 2009 batch....how useful can it be ....

-Rohit

hi rohit ..
ofcourse the cutoffs can go up and down .. it depends on a lot of factors..
the SNAP, the profiles that the people who apply to SIIB have, ur graduation degree, work ex...
so the cutoffs can certainly vary ... what we are giving is just last year's reference...not a prediction of next year

and regarding ur query abt ur workex, certainly it'll be beneficial to a company offering similar kind of profile.... and u'll have an advantage over others in such a case... 😉

Hi Guys

I am kinda struck in a plight, no worse than an impasse:frown:....Furnished below is my wierd situation

After my +2 in 2002, i enrolled for B.COM ( regular),in Symbiosis and pursued my graduation in there till the end of academic session in 2005.Though I completed my 3 years of graduation in regular mode, as fate would have it, I suffered from TYPHOID during march 2005 and hence could not sit for my T.Y.BCOM exam scheduled the same month.As I had already attended the duration of T.Y.B.COM in college, I did not see the need of attending college for the same course which i had already undergone the previous year any further and hence in 2006 I appeared for my exam externally from University of Pune and managed to pass the same with a first class.

Now, here's my question - Most of the colleges under symbiosis university have " graduation through part time/external mode" as a factor making them ineligible for the selection process.Wanted to know if my case make me ineligible - I do have the transfer certificate of my college for 2005, verifying that I did attend college for 3 years , there pursuing a regular mode of graduation for 3 years.However the T.Y.B.COM exam, which i appeared for in 2006 , was passed in external mode.

I had send in my queries to the admission enquiry mail address as stated in the website, but to no avail.I have recieved a mail from SIBM stating I am eligible to apply.Could you kindly check on this and revert

Thanks

Dear friend...
i think ur eligible, but do confirm with the admissions deptt. via phone