SIIB(ABM) 2010-12 GD/PI shortlist

All SIIB(ABM) 2010-12 aspirants are requested to share our preparation sources.Seniors are also requested to guide us for the process.PLS HELP!

All SIIB(ABM) 2010-12 aspirants are requested to share our preparation sources.Seniors are also requested to guide us for the process.PLS HELP!

Any who has attended SIIB(AB) call last year, can you pls share ur GD PI experience?
What were the GD topics ?whr they related to Agri or rural or were general?
Wat do they expect from students ?
How should non agri background students prepare?
pls help.

i got the call for gdpi for siib ab
what is the situation if we have to go for other exams like manage,naarm for which till now exam not yet conducted.when should we pay the fee for siib

even i have a cal for siib ab...from commerce background...stil hav no much idea about the course and the field where we can get placed?

Hi friends,

i am your senior from SIIB-AB(09-11) batch.
i will be with you from now onwards so lets
have some healthy discussion over the DO's
and Don's in next fortnight.

waiting for your questions.

Regards,

Vinod Tripathi
SIIB-AB (PR Team)

First of all thanx Vinod Sir for your help.
Can we know the backgrounds of students in AB course?
Can u share ur experience of GD/PI?
what all they expect from students?
was the entire selection process based on agri knowledge ?

Hey i had a siib ABM convert last yr..so shoot ur queries
help u wid all i can

The particular agri background hav weightage but it doesnt mean that other background dont hav a chance

I got admission last yr when by backgrounf is a life science field...i hav done bsc microbiology..i was an absolute fresher

Hi friends,

i am your senior from SIIB-AB(09-11) batch.
i will be with you from now onwards so lets
have some healthy discussion over the DO's
and Don's in next fortnight.

waiting for your questions.

Regards,

Vinod Tripathi
SIIB-AB (PR Team)

Its great to c u here as we were worried ...i have a query,
i m from a commerce background and no work.ex..can this be a reason not to select me at gd /pi..and wht prospects are there after this course?plz help
First of all thanx Vinod Sir for your help.
Can we know the backgrounds of students in AB course?
Can u share ur experience of GD/PI?
what all they expect from students?
was the entire selection process based on agri knowledge ?

@ akshat ,

note: "don't call me SIR at all".

we have 50 students in the batch and out of it around 30% have Agri background and another >30% have Bio-tech as background and rest are from diverse backgrounds like Engg,Pharma, Vet-doctors and commerce.

so we have a dynamic and diverse batch strength.

now GD/PI experience then keep in mind that there is no difference between process of IB and AB. so prepare hard and be ready for the tough time during the process. there will be amalgamation of IB call getters with you during the process as had happened with me last year (though i had both calls).

now expectation from students:
well i must say prime is clarity of thoughts and the way you portray your image in front of interviewer. be yourself is the mantra and also you have to have strong hold over your acads.

the process was not at all agriculture knowledge based but you have to justify your candidature for MBA_AB. so prepare this question very well.

rest depends over your presence of mind

regards,

Vinod Tripathi
SIIB-AB
Its great to c u here as we were worried ...i have a query,
i m from a commerce background and no work.ex..can this be a reason not to select me at gd /pi..and wht prospects are there after this course?plz help

friend,

answer this question to yourself: are you ready for AGRI business?

if answer is yes! then nobody can stop you in PI.(ok?)

now, i don't see any problem in the future prospects as i am part of AB batch and can see a bright light ahead.
for commerce grads, its a lucrative part as the recruiters are various banks like IDBI, Nabard , ICICI etc so just don't worry about it.

Regards,

Vinod Tripathi
SIIB-AB

Hi Everyone,

First up congratulations to all the call getters.....

I also got a call for SIIB AB . Have my GD/PI on 4th at 11:45AM.

Well regarding my profile i have done my BE in mechanical and have 25 months of exp from Infosys.
Had to ask a few doubts though.

If atall i get through then will this profile of mine come in the way of getting a good placement .

And few tips for GD....

Thanks in advance ......

Hi Everyone,

First up congratulations to all the call getters.....

I also got a call for SIIB AB . Have my GD/PI on 4th at 11:45AM.

Well regarding my profile i have done my BE in mechanical and have 25 months of exp from Infosys.
Had to ask a few doubts though.

If atall i get through then will this profile of mine come in the way of getting a good placement .

And few tips for GD....

Thanks in advance ......

first of all congrats to you .

frankly speaking, the kind of edge you can fetch coz of your work-ex anywhere else, looks difficult here as there are batch mates who hail from TCS,Cogni and other comps do have to fight out their place here and had a tough time during placements.
anyways we do have mechanical engg in out senior batch and he is well placed in a bank now. so u can make out something for yourself.

regards,
@ akshat ,

now GD/PI experience then keep in mind that there is no difference between process of IB and AB. so prepare hard and be ready for the tough time during the process. there will be amalgamation of IB call getters with you during the process as had happened with me last year (though i had both calls).

rest depends over your presence of mind

regards,

Vinod Tripathi
SIIB-AB

u mean that all the SIIB call getters irrespective of course would go through same process.nothing like all AB together and IB together??

what type of case studies were given last year, was GD nd PI on that case only.nd wat type of group activities were given.Wat do they mean by written communication: essay or somthing on case study ?

For Engineers it was a techie interview or general one .....

@ akshat

last year i had both calls *(IB & AB) and i went through just one process, therefore i don't think there will be a separate process for AB and IB.
Case studies are general in nature like "Moral check" or "work Ethics". but there may be some unusual ones, so prepare for everything. don't let any stone unturned.

now most important one, questions regarding your background...then be ready for some basic stuffs from your graduation subjects. i am agricultural engg so i had a tough time replying questions based on Tractor mechanism & other mechanical engg things.

so just brush up the basics and keep your moral high.

regards,

@ akshat

last year i had both calls *(IB & AB) and i went through just one process, therefore i don't think there will be a separate process for AB and IB.
Case studies are general in nature like "Moral check" or "work Ethics". but there may be some unusual ones, so prepare for everything. don't let any stone unturned.

now most important one, questions regarding your background...then be ready for some basic stuffs from your graduation subjects. i am agricultural engg so i had a tough time replying questions based on Tractor mechanism & other mechanical engg things.

so just brush up the basics and keep your moral high.

regards,

changes of gd/pi dates r nt welcome...no hopes for it ??can u tel me how much time this gd/pi process takes mine is on 6th at 10.45..and i have another paper in delhi on 7th..plz help
dreamflower Says
changes of gd/pi dates r nt welcome...no hopes for it ??can u tel me how much time this gd/pi process takes mine is on 6th at 10.45..and i have another paper in delhi on 7th..plz help

you can talk to admission cell about this. i think they will consider your request only if there are vacant slots.

as far as time taken during process is concerned, it would take about 2 hours only. actually every stage is planned in tandem, so u don't have to worry about the time.

regards,