SIHS MBA in Hospital and Health Care Administration 2010

Hi! Please post all your queries on MBA Hospital and Health Care Administration course available at Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune, here. I am a second year student and will hopefully be able to answer all your queries to the best of…

Hi! Please post all your queries on MBA Hospital and Health Care Administration course available at Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune, here. I am a second year student and will hopefully be able to answer all your queries to the best of my knowledge. The admission will be through SNAP entrance exam, which has already been advanced. Check out Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) for admission to Symbiosis Postgraduate degree programs for further details.
regards
major:

Hi! just sharing with you some important dates with regards to SNAP
Last Date for RegistrationNovember 24, 2009 Tuesday
Payment Closes on November 27, 2009 Friday
SNAP Test 2009 December 20, 2009 Sunday
Announcement of Result January 12, 2010
Schedule of short-listed candidates
for Selection Process (GD & PI) 11th February, 2010
Selection Process (GD & PI) (at Pune only) 12th, 13th, 14th March 2010
Display of first merit list 21st March, 2010
Last date for payment of fees for first merit list 31st March, 2010
Display of second merit list 6th April, 2010
Last date for payment of fees for the 2nd merit list13th April, 2010
Pre-Induction Leveling 1st May, 2010
Programme Commencement 8th June, 2010

hello sir,,
thanks for the valuable information which u hav posted so far,,
i m science graduate n interested in MBA-HHC,,
can u please tell me the details of the placement of the first batch of this course.
also throw some light on the current fee structure for this course..
thanks again,,

hello sir,,
thanks for the valuable information which u hav posted so far,,
i m science graduate n interested in MBA-HHC,,
can u please tell me the details of the placement of the first batch of this course.
also throw some light on the current fee structure for this course..
thanks again,,

Hi!, personally i feel MBA HHC is a real potential laden course. the placements of the first batch was very good especially in comparison to other MBA courses. There were some international placements too where two hospital chains in Dubai had come for recruitment. Otherwise in India, the placements were predominantly in the IT sector. Those students who had specific sector preference( e.g pharma sector) also managed to get a placement of choice. I cannot give out package details, and also getting into a course just for the package can be very unsettling(companies where you expect good package might come with low packages and some totally unexpected company might come out with a fabulous package....that can be a real tension booster). But rest assured...the packages were very decent and competitive.
regards

Hey major, can u tell me the kind of profiles mbbs doctors got and had they some edge over non- medicos in placements? Thanx

Hello ..
thanks for ur prompt n useful reply,,
do u have some material for general knowledge section of SNAP,,
also if u have old SNAP papers n other study material, plz share..
are there any industrial internships included in this course?

mvrthedoc Says
Hey major, can u tell me the kind of profiles mbbs doctors got and had they some edge over non- medicos in placements? Thanx

Hi ! Yes there was a slight advantage MBBS background students had....but i warn you this edge can easily be overcome by somebody who applies themselves sincerely in the course. A HR executive coming for interview generally assesses candidates on three aspects 1. Knowledge and skills 2. Experience 3. Background and performance. the weightage for each is entirely upto their own needs. So though there is an initial edge....one cant count on it forever.
regards
Hello ..
thanks for ur prompt n useful reply,,
do u have some material for general knowledge section of SNAP,,
also if u have old SNAP papers n other study material, plz share..
are there any industrial internships included in this course?

Hi! There is no specific material for SNAP....i did not use any, but many MBA ent exam coaching institutes have dedicated modules for SNAP. The model will be on general MBA ent exam type...nothing course specific ( i.e. will not be restricted to health only). you could try out model papers that are available online or in book stores. i felt the main challenge in SNAP was of time management ( i had a tough time solving the entire paper in the given time)
Yes the course has a summer internship program for two and half months, other than that we have a sectorwise orientation program where people from the industry orient us to their respective industries ( this was bec many students were not aware about the targeted industries...like what happens out there...where do we fit in? etc etc). hope this answers your question
regards

hey thanks major 4 answering my query on the earlier thread.......as u said tat m eligible for the course n tat i shud b a graduate b4 the course commence but according to the dates given by u......course may commence from 8th of june 2010........but mumbai university results r announced in the mid june.......am i still eligible??

wats the cut-off generally for getting into hhc...........n wat preparations need to b made for gd-pi......

i wud b really grateful 2 u if u answr this queries.........

hey thanks major 4 answering my query on the earlier thread.......as u said tat m eligible for the course n tat i shud b a graduate b4 the course commence but according to the dates given by u......course may commence from 8th of june 2010........but mumbai university results r announced in the mid june.......am i still eligible??

wats the cut-off generally for getting into hhc...........n wat preparations need to b made for gd-pi......

i wud b really grateful 2 u if u answr this queries.........

Hi! a small amount of date clash should not create a problem. the cut off for getting into HHC is a very vague item as one is called for gdpi both on the basis of SNAP score and profile of the student, also the cut off depends on the students applying. dont worry about scores...just give it your best shot. as of now there is no fixed cutoff, the college generally calls the top 400-500 students who have applied for SIHS. As to GDPI, you can either go to a coaching institute or research on your own as to what is assessed in a GDPI ( you will find a lot of material on the net). then make a group of friends and discuss as much as possible, you should be able to put across your point lucidly and fluently. I will be posting more about GDPI as the dates approach....will try to get some feedback from the junior batch by then. so all the best, no sincere effort goes unrewarded.
regards

hey thanks major.....the statement made by u tat no sincere efforts goes unrewarded will be remembered by me.......i wud like to bother u for 1 more thng n tats about the gk part of snap......m going thru the current affairs n the top 100 gk quesns like stuff, am i on the rite track....?????:

hey major, one more favour....
the eligibility criteria on sihs website to get into mba hhc states that "Candidates passing qualifying examinations from open universities, open schools and from distance learning programmes of statutory or deemed universities or in one sitting are not eligible."

wat does this mean??

prajakta04 Says
hey thanks major.....the statement made by u tat no sincere efforts goes unrewarded will be remembered by me.......i wud like to bother u for 1 more thng n tats about the gk part of snap......m going thru the current affairs n the top 100 gk quesns like stuff, am i on the rite track....?????:

Hi! do keep yourself updated with the news also, read the news papers thoroughly, including the business section (in my exam had atleast 4 - 5 questions on companies) do a few model papers...find out where you are weak and concentrate on those aspects. the break up of the paper is given on the website which is
1.General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability 40
2.Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency 40
3.General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario 40
4.Analytical & Logical Reasoning 60
Total 180
A systematic approach will make it very easy for you. All the best.
regards
hey major, one more favour....
the eligibility criteria on sihs website to get into mba hhc states that "Candidates passing qualifying examinations from open universities, open schools and from distance learning programmes of statutory or deemed universities or in one sitting are not eligible."

wat does this mean??

Hi that means if you have got a degree from a correspondence course then you are not eligible.
regards

hey thanks major.......

hey major......
i also wanted to knw ki wats the cut off required to get into sihs?????

hey major......
i also wanted to knw ki wats the cut off required to get into sihs?????

Hi! there is no specific cut off for SIHS, it all depends on the scores of all the people who apply for SIHS. the top 400 students are generally called for the GDPI.

Wish you all a very Happy Diwali. All the best with your preparation and hope success is yours.
regards
major

can u send old SNAP papers?