SIES pgdba-mms 2008-2010 aspirants

hey guys, the next season of enterances has begun… exam takers have already begun changing gears. So how many out here are aiming at SIES - PG/MMS. i am definately!! missed out this year, but gonna give my best shot this time. SIES is one…

hey guys, the next season of enterances has begun..... exam takers have already begun changing gears. So how many out here are aiming at SIES - PG/MMS. i am definately!! missed out this year, but gonna give my best shot this time.

SIES is one of the most upcoming colleges in Mumbai and the kind of reviews i have got from the students of the college is pretty amazing. in a very small span of time it has managed to make an excellent brand name for itself and the initiatives taken by the institute is really commendable!!

So how many of us are aiming to be here. we'll definately have some students from the current batch to throw some more light on the inistitute!!

hey guys, the next season of enterances has begun..... exam takers have already begun changing gears. So how many out here are aiming at SIES - PG/MMS. i am definately!! missed out this year, but gonna give my best shot this time.

SIES is one of the most upcoming colleges in Mumbai and the kind of reviews i have got from the students of the college is pretty amazing. in a very small span of time it has managed to make an excellent brand name for itself and the initiatives taken by the institute is really commendable!!

So how many of us are aiming to be here. we'll definately have some students from the current batch to throw some more light on the inistitute!!

hey shashank gr8 wrk man 2 start the thread,
bt seems a bit early, anywaz
mms gt started on 13th nd withn a week the projects nd stayng back late at college has begun
bt the kinda proffesionalism going at siescoms is gr8
for more stuff hows it going plz visit the thread life at siescoms
ATB

hey prasad, i guess we have met!! we were together in the DD for SIES PG, remember??

i do visit the other threads also mate, just wanted to see whom all am i gonna compete with or perhaps be with this year

hey fellas..
Good to see the enthu amongst u guys...
We @ SIESCOMS will surely help aspirants be guided the best...
The notifications abt the test will be out in a coupla months from now...
Will keep u guys informed...
For more abt the insti and its daily happenings visit here:-

LIFE @ SIESCOMS :- http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/life-siescoms-25024531
SIESCOMS ASPIRANTS :- http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/siescoms-aspirants-25019819
SIESCOMS CLASS OF 2007-09:- http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/mat-state-level-cet-related/21887-siescoms-class-of-2007-09-a-.html

hey guy's can any one render me information about what kind of job profile's were offered to finance students during placements ? (if possible offers made to fresher's), which are the regular visiting companies which recruit these finance students.:):):)

people at wellingkar, beware of dealing with dell as bulk purchase of laptops, in some mumbai colleges they are not honoring their commitment...........

Good to see you Sashank,
Thanks for spreading the word.... We hope you join us next year brother.... Gonna be fun

guys, could u tell us the split up of students in PGDM alone?? as in, the number of BMS, Engineering, Commerce students.

shashank_shetty Says
guys, could u tell us the split up of students in PGDM alone?? as in, the number of BMS, Engineering, Commerce students.

Hey dude..
The batch this yr is pretty unique
We have almost 60 % (:wow::wow::wow:) of the batch with prior work ex..
we have a healthy mix of students :-
Total strength of PGDM is 120
BE/BTECH: 40
BMS: 20
BCOM:25
BSC,BA, BMM ,
Hotel Management & Others: 35

I guess the mix is so perfect that we have a good knowledge transfer !!
Any more questions...they r welcome

@ neeraj purty

Dude I guess my seniors will come on to answer it in a much clearer way!!will get Back shortly...

What is the CET score that SIES considers for shortlisting candidates ?!

like u can give me last year details and scores as such!

i just graduated in B.Com this year + working with Citigroup Global Services...
Any advices how i shoud go on from here with my MBA preps ?!

What is the CET score that SIES considers for shortlisting candidates ?!

like u can give me last year details and scores as such!

i just graduated in B.Com this year + working with Citigroup Global Services...
Any advices how i shoud go on from here with my MBA preps ?!

Hi there
Surely will help u with the same..
First of all,SIESCOMS has the following courses:-
1)PGDM- SIES Entrance Test+GD+PI
2)MMS - CET/MAT/ATMA final scores (held B
y Mumai University)
3)Pharma Management-
SIES Entrance Test+GD+PI
4)Biotech Management -SIES Entrance Test+GD+PI

Now when u r talking aBout CET scores, SIES accepts them for MMS course

We have a separate entrance exam for the PG Courses which are inline with the CET/MAT level and happens sometime in FEBRUARY..The Forms will Be out in Nov-Dec

Well in today's scenario workex plays a Big role in selection in any insti and SIESCOMS is no less..However there are freshers this yr who r remarkably talented and have a clean edge over some workex candidates..In fact a SIESCOMS'ite on Pagalguy called ROCKSTAR83 (girish) was in CITIGROUP itself..I'll ask him to guide u with the same...

Some paramenters that SIESCOMS (or any good BSchool) looks for are:-
1)Leadership skills
2)Team Gelling abilities
3)Out of the Box thinking
4)Your Extempore

As far as ur profile goes, I guess its pretty decent and By next yr it shud Be almost 2 yr workex...just Brush up on ur communication skills and take a few psychometric tests...You will surely get to know where u gotto improve...

Any more questions..plz hit Back..

pal,
I was thinking abt giving a shot at CET this year itself...i think by feb/mar my work exp will b only 8mths...is that good enough?:(

and well how much should I aim at scoring in CET to make it to the SIES ??!!

Yeah man, plz give it a shot.
Don't hesitate.
See any work ex you have is always going to add value to your persona.
I my self have a experience for mere 3 months.
Work experience in B school is always valued.

Well regarding ur percentile for SIES its above 98 i think.

Well i have been reading in depth about all the posts by the students of SIESCOMS an the enthusiasm they all have is quiet contagious.I think hardly a lot of people outside Mumbai knw abt the college and to knw that its doing well is attracting.
Its commendable the way guys like santarocks,cyborg,will make it and the whole gang connected thru pagalguy and got to knw each other way ahead before they met and the way they keep posting abt everything.I do see sies as an upcoming college and one thing i liked abt the college is the stress on being communicative particularly.And that could aptly be seen in the students which u catch up on PG from sies.
I m looking forward to make it to sies...just a bit curious abt placements.Hopefully wud get to knw abt them soon thru the threads.keep doing the good work fnrds.And no doubt ur efforts of making SIES a well knwn college sans advertisement r paying off.

chiao

Hey pulverize,
Thanks a lot for the complements...This was a bit unusual for most of my frenz from other BSchools too..The meet we had n all..
I'm glad people like u followed it up n also enjoyed reading it..

I must share with u the new rankings in OUTLOOK have.
SIESCOMS has ranked 19th in private colleges all over India.
The factors that worked wonders for SIESCOMS is the IDEA AND RESEARCH INITIATIVE which is one of its kind activity in which each student of PG is given a research project.

Also the recruitment satisfaction was one of the highest for SIESCOMS.Almost 3 points less than the best of the best BSChools; which shows why our loyal recruiters make it a point to come back..Some of the recruiters are ORACLE,KOTAK,ICICI,OnM etc.

This yr has been grand in more than one ways. We have also started ENTREPRENEURSHIP CELL which is headed by Mr.Subramaniam who was associated with the mother company - XEROX for a long time.
We have a venture capital group closely associated with us so that at any point the entrepreneurial projects which are exceptionally good can be funded.

Will brief u up with more soon..
Thanks again n see you at SIESCOMS

well 19 is not bad for an upcoming college and who knws its might break into top 10 by the time we graduate..so its all icing on the cake.I would wish u to throw light on 3 basic things
1)placements
2)faculty
3)infrastructure of SIES.

ur views...!!

what actually happens in a psychometry test?

where r u guys??this thread all looks doused...add some flames....answer the queries its been ages..