SIBM Results and more......

Final Meritlist (MBA Dual & CM Batch 2005-07) to be declared on 1st March 2005

hi fellows!

Results to be out within a few hours. So lets stick together and help each other to share info and may be that would ease the tension also.... 😃

I wonder what weightage SIBM gives to the XAT score......

Y not stick to the existing thread

i am tensed too. the pi was quite strange of only 5-6 mins. so i think i was rejected when i entered the room .anyways wha would be the waiting list like

Hi frnds
As everyone knows that SIBM just send 650 calls for their GD/PI. and all of them r above 96%ile. So the same ppl would have been called for XLRI nd XIMB. as i suspect only upto 550 students r their for GD/PI nd rest were absent.
I think that in the same group there r the persons who have got the call fron SP JAIn, IIM's nd some institutes which r better than this one.
i heard that SIBM ppl also create a waiting list for their GD/PI. So can u ppl tellme that firstly they will finish these 650 or after setting their internal cuttoff for the sections like (GD/PI, Essay,...) they will ask 4 the waiting list ppl?????????????

no dude they did send gs/pi calls for percs as low as 93 ,92.

are u sure they sent just 650 calls aisa hai toh we stand a fair chance isnt it??

1. The sibm gd/pi were held across three days (15, 16 and 17). = 3
2. Each day, they were held in two shifts (morning and afternoon) = 2
3. In each shift, there were eight batches (atleast mine had batches A to H) = 8
4. In each batch there were 12 candidates (however, 6 were absent from mine!) = 12

So we reach a total of 3x2x8x12 = 576 calls (approx)

Fingers crossed and hoping all toppers move to XLRI, XIM, IIMs...

dear all i suppose it does take an engineer to give sound logical replies to evry1 he he h ehe he ehe eeh

1.they have mentioned that 50% weightage is given to XAT scores .
2. they have also mentioned in the prospectus that they call candidates in the ratio 1:5 so another problem solved .
3.in th morning batch only 70ppl showed up ,so taking that as a base we can hope tat 70*6=420 people showed up for GD/PI

tthere i suppose i solved all the poblems facing this group !!! GOTTA RUN GUYS PEOPLE AT UN NEED ME TO SOLVE THE WORLD PEACE PROBLEM !!!!!

Yup in many groups people did not turn up. In some cases two groups had to be combined because of scarcity of people.
Also out of 650 calls some 150-170 were for CM.

Also 30% seats were for Reserved category.
So around 120-130 calls go there.
Taking into fact 100 ppl that did not turn up we are left with aroun 250 ppl in
the open category.

Just hoping for the best.

Yup in many groups people did not turn up. In some cases two groups had to be combined because of scarcity of people.

the open category.

All this optimistic talk is good!
helps in easing the tension!

well my trip to pune for scmhrd dint turn out worthwile, i guess its all upto sibm now!!!ya a lot of guys dint turn up but still its 400 peeps in the open category fighting it out for some 60 odd seats!!! also the cm guys were not clubbed with us and they had their gd/pi after us i.e. after our three days. so there were aaround 600 people for the dual course. so lets keep our fingers crossed. by the way i had my rounds on the second day first batch. ne one from that batch lemme know.also ne one from mumbai lemme know too. c ya and atb
prasun

waitin for SIBM-CM call guys... just cant wait for the results....

few seats so the competition is even more in this category.. 30 to be precise for
open category.

lets ust hope for the best... till then eat :popcorn:and watch the budget.
any one else for CM specilization...
120 were given a call for total 40 seats.... buddy friend told me... thats a good ratio of 1:3

hope they have a waitin list as well... can any knowledgeble or exprienced person through light on the couse credits...and whether one should go for it or no?

the open category.

Dude!! nice wishful thinking.. but i think out of the 650 odd calls, the CM students arenot included.. It was mentioned in the brochure that they call 800 students in all..

On an average, i think there were 2 absentees in a group of 12. so remove 1/6th from the 600(for DM).. so around 500 seats.. still the ratio is more than 4:1..
and people having XL calls and other better institutes and those who would be able to convert it, i think should be around 100...so a waitlist of at the most 100..

so 120 seats, 400 students would be my guess.....

shalin

how very true mate!!! exactly the point i was trynna make. competition is tuff. i haven't applied to xl or xim b . xat %tile 98. lets see wat happens

waitin for SIBM-CM call guys... just cant wait for the results....

few seats so the competition is even more in this category.. 30 to be precise for
open category.

lets ust hope for the best... till then eat :popcorn:and watch the budget.
any one else for CM specilization...

hey

For the knowledge of all 40% seats r reserved n its mentioned in the brochure.Well hope that wait proves to be fruitful for all of us.

I was for the dual course! I'm from mumbai!
And the funny thing...i was 1st candidate in the 1st group on the 1st day in the morning!!!
Well, I guess someone had to be that one!

hey guys

best of luck for the d day

lets hope we make it to sibm

:grab:

well, if i'm in the merit list (1st or last)...theres a party in the offing! :)
I'd be fine just being in the merit list...

MAN I WAS PRETTY SURE OF THE SEAT BUT THAT RESERVATION THING HAS SCARED ME LIKE NETHING.

SEE WE HAV ONLY 75 SEATS FOR WHICH 500 OF US ARE FIGHTING HUH??

HOPE WUD BE LUCK ENUF TO GET THR OTHERWISE THERE ALWAYS IS A NEXT CHANCE

:grab:

Hey peeps,

I think too much optimism is dangerous as we saw in the case of SCMHRD.People there were discussing about almost everybody making it into the directors interview being selected and lots of guys were disappionted.So i guess we should mellow down a bit and not think that most of the guys would make it.I'm sorry if i'm not making any of you feel good but then i think its better not to be too hopeful coz if we get it we'll be very happy but if we dont it wouldnt be much of a shock.But then if we hope so much that we get and we dont make it then its gonna be hard.So just hold your horses.Just a small suggestion but then its up to all of you.:)

Maverick

hey maverick!
ur right...practicality is imp.
lets all take slow deep breaths! 😃

YIII!!!!!!

40 percent is scary.. 75 seats too goddam few..
so back to the 1:6 ratio...