Sibm Placements 2006

PLACMENT NEWS FROM SIBM : > Placement Season Record broken by Punes Top B-school Entire batch of 148 students placed in 8 hours in Global and Indian Companies. Jan 3,2006 was not just another day for the Symbiosis Institute of Business …

PLACMENT NEWS FROM SIBM :

Placement Season Record broken by Punes Top B-school
Entire batch of 148 students placed in 8 hours in Global and Indian Companies.
Jan 3,2006 was not just another day for the Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM).
What made it different was the astounding success story of the placement for the batch of 2006.
With 148 students being placed in a matter of mere 8 hours, records were broken and careers made. The participation of big names like GlaxoSmithKline, Asian Paints, Intel and Standard Chartered Bank ensured that placements at SIBM reached unprecedented heights. With over 51 companies descending on campus to recruit, students never had it better in terms of offers with each student getting around 1.5 offers and over 25 companies going back empty handed.
The plethora of companies that frequented the campus and the various sectors that they represented ensured that students had a dream run when it came to deciding upon the company that they wanted to join. Sectors such as FMCG, IT, Banking and Consulting had impressive representations, which further added to the choice that the students had.

Sector wise recruiters

FMCG::GSK Consumer Healthcare, ITC Ltd, Marico, Asian Paints, Dabur, Coca Cola, Godrej, Perfetti, Cargill, Wipro Consumer Health Care
Banking and Financial Services::Standard Chartered Bank, ICICI Bank, Citibank, Kotak Group, GE Money, ICICI Prudential, Max New York Life
Consultancies::Avalon Consulting, KPMG, Growtalent, CB Richard Ellis, Mahindra SSG
IT & ITES::Intel, IBM, CTS, Wipro, Infosys, HCL, Mahindra British Telecom, Patni, HP, Progeon, Ingram Micro
Automobiles & Manufacturing::Maruti, Mahindra & Mahindra, Tata Motors, Aditya Birla Group, Godrej & Boyce, Essar Group, Indian Oil Corporation
Advertising and Media::Leo Burnett, Radio Mirchi, Ananda Bazar Patrika

Other recruiters included companies such as DHL in logistics as well as HSBC Global Resourcing, J P Morgan and Hutch, while Mahindra British Telecom, Mahindra SSG, CB Richard Ellis, Infosys and Patni made lateral offers.
Some of the major breakthroughs of the year were Goldman Sachs, KPMG, Nike, Standard Chartered Bank, Whirlpool and Dupont, which recruited students in good numbers.
Compensation levels this year surged to greater heights with median salary peaking at an all time high of Rs. 6.5 lakhs while average salary stood at Rs. 6.76 lakhs. Olam made an international offer at $64,000 while J P Morgan made the highest domestic offer at Rs. 8.9 lakhs.
Cognizant Technology Solutions was the largest recruiter with 13 offers closely followed by Kotak Group and Infosys with 12 offers and 10 offers respectively. With placements reaching unprecedented heights, the institute has proved its mettle yet again.

Dr. Arun Mudbidri
Director

For further details contact:
Prof. Dilipraj Dongre
Placement Chairperson
SIBM
Telefax: 020-25675052
Email ID placements@sibm

Forza SIBM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations SeniorS!!!!!

Congrats SIBM Class of 2006...:thumbsup: WTG

ciao..

Oye Peshwa....
U bet me there too...I thought I will be the one to start this thread.
Will soon post some break ups and analysis into the sectoral and salary figures...

Ciao

Nikhil

Awesome news !!
hope this rate of rise in salaries in our insti continues.
wht say nikhil ? hw was the trip to panchgani? count me in for the nxt one

ashim

GR8 news !

Congrats to every1.:smilecol:
ciao
skylork

Guys placements hv been really awesome. Hope the trend continues.The placement team has done an awesome job. Kudos!

Dont take me as one of the negative thinkers, but I would be interested to know that the salaries quoted are CTC or inhand types. Moreover, could anyone elaborate more on sectorwise salaries too and the probable roles given to people. For example, in IT cos. is the placement in line with biz. analyst type roles or focusing on HR recruitment...?

Awesome placements guys!!
Congratulations to all in SIBM batch of 2006 for amazing placements....Looks like the placement scene is gr8 all around this time ...hope the trend continues for our batch in 2007 too....

The Peshwa Says

ROCKING GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

You make us proud............................

CHEERS

CONGRATS to all in SIBM batch of 2006 !!!

The Peshwa Says

Can you highlight more on what is the profile, salary offered by GoldmanSachs in your campus..........

Satyen

congrates SIBM. u did it agine..

excellent way to go..........
Can you highlight more on what is the profile, salary offered by GoldmanSachs in your campus..........

Satyen

Profile i am not quite sure of ....being in sales & marketing my knowledge of finance profiles is not something to flaunt about

But yes the pay package offered by GS was on the lower side amongst all the companies visiting campus : somewhere between 5.5 to 6 lacs CTC

Having said that this was the first time i think we have got such a big name I Bank down to campus
Maybe next year seeing our talent they will offer more renumeration
iankur Says
Dont take me as one of the negative thinkers, but I would be interested to know that the salaries quoted are CTC or inhand types. Moreover, could anyone elaborate more on sectorwise salaries too and the probable roles given to people. For example, in IT cos. is the placement in line with biz. analyst type roles or focusing on HR recruitment...?

The salaries quoted are not in hand but the gross packages (they are not CTC 's )

IT cos have selected more candidates from Marketing then from HR ....yes most of the roles are of business analysts

Sector wise salaries ...welll offhand i can tell you about marketing that FMCG's and consumer durables offer the highest pay packages (>7 lacs per annum)

Followed by IT cos 6.5 lacs approx and then come the rest

I am a CA and currently working at Adani enterprices ltd since 9 months.I will give NMAT,SNAP,IBSAT in 09.How is SIBM?How is the placement at SIBM for finance professinals having experience?what is the average package?If i dnt get thru in NMAT,shud SIBM b my second choice?or IBS,Hyderabad.Which is better IBS, Hyderabad or SIBM in terms of placements,package and faculty.Please let me know.