SIBM:MBA-Communication Mgmt

Hey junta, As the title suggests,this is for SIBM MBA-CM only… We have seen several ppl raising an eye brow to the low %tilers getting a call from SIBM… So lets discuss it out over here & thereby minimize the confusion/astonishm…

Hey junta,

As the title suggests,this is for SIBM MBA-CM only...

We have seen several ppl raising an eye brow to the low %tilers getting a call from SIBM...

So lets discuss it out over here & thereby minimize the confusion/astonishment to other fellas.

My details -

XAT 84.4%tile

MBA - Communications Management
Name : Chokshi Bhaumik Kiritbhai

Group No : 10

Date : Feb 18 2005

Label : MYB

Reporting Time : 1 p.m.

Initially i thought i was the second last (with DOn....being the last 😉 )..but then realised ppl with lower %tiles r also called....

Others kindly chip in...

enjoi
mik

hi mik,
i have a call too.

my details (open catagory)
Name : JOGLEKAR GAURI GANESH
XAT ID : 714535
Group No : 2
Reporting Time : 8 a.m.

gauri

my %le 76.66

so what say mik,shall we start preparing?

gauri

p.s.,
i dont have a label :shock:
waht should i do?

gauri

Hey Gauri,

Cheeers......

y 3 different poshts???????????
u cud have done it in 1 single posht...u can also utilize the EDIT function to EDIT ur post

wat do u mean by LABEL?????

& oh yeh we shall start prep...but how??

looking to hear from u
mik

chk out the LABEL :MYB in ur post.

by the way,we first need to find out in detail what communication would entail.i guess the SIMC thread and the MICA thread could give us something to start with :wink:

dont tell me we are the only 2 people with a call from SIBM (COMM) :wow:

ATB,
WILL GET IN TOUCH WITH U WITH NE OTHER INFO I GET.
CHEERS,
GAURI

Hey Gauri,

Cheeers......

y 3 different poshts???????????
u cud have done it in 1 single posht...u can also utilize the EDIT function to EDIT ur post

wat do u mean by LABEL?????

& oh yeh we shall start prep...but how??

looking to hear from u
mik

hey gauri...

dunno y u dont have the LABEL.

well i have got SIMC too....but not much activity goign on in that thread either...

enjoi
mik

EDIT - @label - prolly coz u have not checked out http://admissions.sibm.edu/sibm2005/

The mail doesnt contain the LABEL...but the link surely does.

check out & lemme know

Hi mik and gauri...'

Its a good idea to start a thread on sibm CM only...i have my gd pi on 18th 8 am slot. My Xat percentile is 91.75... And my label is MXE. Dunno what that means...i am from Mumbai, have an advertising background. With a degree in Advertising and am working in an ad agency right now. Am planning to look up my old college books to brush up the basics in advertising. Also trying to get my hands on books on the slogans etc of the current brands. I think its a good idea to also look at the global aspect of Advertising and Indias position in the global scenario. Please let me know if you have any specific query. We could also start a GK session here on PG on some well known brands, their slogans and who handles them. It would help.

For example:
An instance of great Media Blocking by any brand?
Dandi namak

A teaser campaign that flopped?
Digen verma frooti

A teaser campaugn that worked?
Jassi

A brand with a high brand equity?
Amul

A brand who handled a crisis well?
Cadbury

An example of umbrella branding?
Amul

A brand that has become generic with the product?
Xerox, Zip

Thats all i can remember right now...lets continue to add on to this discussion....
For now...

Bubye

Kari

Hi mik and gauri...'

Its a good idea to start a thread on sibm CM only...i have my gd pi on 18th 8 am slot. My Xat percentile is 91.75... And my label is MXE. Dunno what that means...i am from Mumbai, have an advertising background. With a degree in Advertising and am working in an ad agency right now. Am planning to look up my old college books to brush up the basics in advertising. Also trying to get my hands on books on the slogans etc of the current brands. I think its a good idea to also look at the global aspect of Advertising and Indias position in the global scenario. Please let me know if you have any specific query. We could also start a GK session here on PG on some well known brands, their slogans and who handles them. It would help.
Kari

Hey Egg kari ;-)

u will be of much help to us.....most of us here r totally blank @ CM..

kindly enlighten..wat shud we refer...wats the second round gonna be like?

How r u travelling from mumbai to pune?

enjoi
mik

me have GD/PI on 18th...whats LABEL?
and yes..i know a zilch abt Cm...plzzzz help me out someone...what shld i refer/study...

Hey Egg kari ;-)

u will be of much help to us.....most of us here r totally blank @ CM..

kindly enlighten..wat shud we refer...wats the second round gonna be like?

How r u travelling from mumbai to pune?

enjoi
mik

hey iv never had an sibm call before but yeah u can ask me bout advertising. I think we should be grilled about the communications industry as we are applying for an Mba in it. So expect anything and everything about brands, slogans, punchlines, etc etc thats y i said lets start pooling our knowledge about advertising. And feel free to ask me any query. Will be travelling by car. My grandparents live in Pune. And am not Egg kari!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grab: heheheheeheheh

it wud be great if any SIBM students (from MBA-CM) can provide us more inputs abt tackling Gd/PIs...

waiting for guidance...

A teaser campaign that flopped?
Digen verma frooti

a teaser campaign that flopped Digen Verma .....well i can't believe how u can quote this...it was a campaign that brought frooti back into focus....during that period of time it was on the lips of every admaker... i can tell u abt it bcoz i have worked with rahul...who was on the team....that conceived the digen verma campaign....n believe me i had done a survey for O&M...which; dealt with the ad campaigns which had created a buzz in the campus the digen verma campaign was the first choice after which came the balbir pasha campaign (hope u remember that)

ciao..
a teaser campaign that flopped Digen Verma .....well i can't believe how u can quote this...it was a campaign that brought frooti back into focus....during that period of time it was on the lips of every admaker... i can tell u abt it bcoz i have worked with rahul...who was on the team....that conceived the digen verma campaign....n believe me i had done a survey for O&M...which; dealt with the ad campaigns which had created a buzz in the campus the digen verma campaign was the first choice after which came the balbir pasha campaign (hope u remember that)

ciao..

I can quote it because although the campaign generated a lot of interest... but fizzled out in the end because the audience felt let down when no digen verma materialised. the whole point of the campaign revolved around an entity which turned out to be a non entity. This is a consumer perception and is also widely acknowledged. Due apologies for ruffling the feathers of people behind the campaign. The buzz u are talking about could be negative as well. If i wanted to talk about the most debated campaign then probably digen verma would have been on top of my list.

hii junta ...

Can anyone tell me was there a separate form to be filled up for MBA-Cm or a common form for both MBA-dual and Cm ...i just filled MBA-dual and i dint got a call ..
My XAT percentile 93.09 and it seems it will be wasted . Havent filled up GIM
Any chances for BIM , LIBA , Xime ?

We could also start a GK session here on PG on some well known brands, their slogans and who handles them. It would help.

Then maybe you'd find this link useful:

www.magindia.com
Hey junta,

As the title suggests,this is for SIBM MBA-CM only...

We have seen several ppl raising an eye brow to the low %tilers getting a call from SIBM...

So lets discuss it out over here & thereby minimize the confusion/astonishment to other fellas.

My details -

XAT 84.4%tile

Name : Chokshi Bhaumik Kiritbhai

Group No : 10

Label : MYB

Reporting Time : 1 p.m.

Initially i thought i was the second last (with DOn....being the last 😉 )..but then realised ppl with lower %tiles r also called....

Others kindly chip in...

enjoi
mik

Hi mik....
i'm also in same batch.....how r u preparing......i hv a query.....wht abt d presentation we are supposed to give.......as mentioned in d brouchure......i'm eager for tht......but nothing mentioned in call letter abt it......can u throw sum light on d issue??

dont worry,u can still get calls from bim and gim.all the best.

gauri

hii junta ...

Can anyone tell me was there a separate form to be filled up for MBA-Cm or a common form for both MBA-dual and Cm ...i just filled MBA-dual and i dint got a call ..
My XAT percentile 93.09 and it seems it will be wasted . Havent filled up GIM
Any chances for BIM , LIBA , Xime ?

thanx ranjita

Then maybe you'd find this link useful:

www.magindia.com