SIBM GD / PI discussion only

After getting thoroughly bugged with people posting thier SIBM GD and PI batch numbers and SNAP scores for roughly 20 odd pages full of posts i am tired. So here i have opened a post where we discuss only about the GD and PI aspect of SIBM i…

After getting thoroughly bugged with people posting thier SIBM GD and PI batch numbers and SNAP scores for roughly 20 odd pages full of posts i am tired.

So here i have opened a post where we discuss only about the GD and PI aspect of SIBM irrespective of the batch and score...

I request all the enlightened souls of PG junta to contribute here..

Mockie

Let me start anyway... What can we expect in a GD / PI process... How long does it go on.. Is it a process of elimination...

Is there an individual presentation... how does one go about it...?

Experts , Admins, Trainees, newbies....please contribute

hi
this is gr8...that someone atleast took notice of the fact that no disscussion was going on only blatant show of scores...lol...welll i want to ask wht kind of presentation/essays we are supposed to give there...i mean what kind of topics...

this is the first interview i will be facing.... the only gd experience i have had so far is in engineering 1st n 2nd year in a classroom full of ppl i know. looking up on da net the whole of yesterday the information that i got was hardly a page full... helpful stuff.... but i wish we could have sumthing more concrete....

like wat sort of topics are given....
seniors please help....
i was wondering if there is an perticular favourite subject.... like maybe politics , disasters, awards, environmental issues.....

not much time....2 weaks now.... i've decided to join TIME classes...for wat ever they r worth. but they are on only sat n sundays... dats just 4 days of professional practice...

hi
this is gr8...that someone atleast took notice of the fact that no disscussion was going on only blatant show of scores...lol...welll i want to ask wht kind of presentation/essays we are supposed to give there...i mean what kind of topics...

completely agree with u..... i totally forgot about the essay!!!!!

hey guys

I haven't joined any classes since none of them provided me with any matter on Marcom, are u guys for dual or MarCom??? newayz frm what i have read or researched it seems after goin through your GD and Essay one is supposed to make a presentation about the experience, ithink this is mentioned somewhere on the website as well. Though I am not sure.

hi!
Really want to know more about the MARCOM GD/pi.... there's really not much of information available....can one of you seniors just share your experience of the whole
exercise.....
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....it's a matter of life & death...............??:

hey......I was going thru last years experiences thread n its really informative....... normally 2 GDs.......I general topic (can be abstract but probablity is less) and 1 case study.......1 PI........order not fixed......as in u may have PI-GD-GD or GD-PI-GD or any other combination possible.......normally 10 ppl per group in a GD......
essays r general topics.....I guess they would have to be if they expect us to write anything concrete in the time frame provided

PI......includes a small extempore which I believe is the individual presentation.......they wil arbitarly give u any topic to speak on.......can b regards state of indian economy or a brief biography of your self.......they have a podium whr u r to speak......just to judge whether u get nervous by public speaking i guess......

overall, the process is supposed to be pretty chilled out but the GDs have a tendency to become a fish market....

Cheers,
Vishal

me for dual....and the presentation is about the gd pi experience?????

and what about the essay

thisssss rocksssssss...kewllllllll

vishal could you please provide the link to the old gd/pi thread??/

hey......I was going thru last years experiences thread n its really informative....... normally 2 GDs.......I general topic (can be abstract but probablity is less) and 1 case study.......1 PI........order not fixed......as in u may have PI-GD-GD or GD-PI-GD or any other combination possible.......normally 10 ppl per group in a GD......
essays r general topics.....I guess they would have to be if they expect us to write anything concrete in the time frame provided

PI......includes a small extempore which I believe is the individual presentation.......they wil arbitarly give u any topic to speak on.......can b regards state of indian economy or a brief biography of your self.......they have a podium whr u r to speak......just to judge whether u get nervous by public speaking i guess......

overall, the process is supposed to be pretty chilled out but the GDs have a tendency to become a fish market....

Cheers,
Vishal

hii Vishal

can u plz give the link for last year GD/PI experiences....it will be really helpful for all of us...looking for some gyan on GD/PI at SIBM....:

thankss...
Sachin
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/y-do-u-wanna-do-an-mba-25002181

thats the link for last yr's gd/pi experiences of SIBM. ppl there make it seem so easy!!

How long is the process some body knows.My time to start is 1p.M.
Will it end in a day??

And regarding this extempore thing!!!!They can make u speak on topics like Indian economy for how many minutes any guesses??

How are the interviews like.Contentwise??

hii Vishal

can u plz give the link for last year GD/PI experiences....it will be really helpful for all of us...looking for some gyan on GD/PI at SIBM....:

thankss...
Sachin

Hey guys......check out this thread below:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/links-for-gd-pi-experiences-25000720

this has links for GD/PI experiences for most of the instis

Cheers,
Vishal
Hey guys......check out this thread below:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/links-for-gd-pi-experiences-25000720

this has links for GD/PI experiences for most of the instis

Cheers,
Vishal

Thanks Vishal... Really appreciate this

~mockie

Hey everyone,

Lets discuss some GD topics if we could, I am tryign to put things together but nothing worthwhile is coming out, If we could maybe discuss it, it will be of great help tp all of us.What say??:black:

Hey everyone,

Lets discuss some GD topics if we could, I am tryign to put things together but nothing worthwhile is coming out, If we could maybe discuss it, it will be of great help tp all of us.What say??:black:

I would say more than topics the flow is important ... For topics just keep yourself abreast with current affairs and general.. but the flow is something we could all do some help with...

What say PG ?

~Mockie
How long is the process some body knows.My time to start is 1p.M.
Will it end in a day??

And regarding this extempore thing!!!!They can make u speak on topics like Indian economy for how many minutes any guesses??

How are the interviews like.Contentwise??

I red at one of the quotes by an SIBM tstudent that if it starts by 1, it should get over by 5...................

Hope it helps.............

CHEERS