sibm call getters, lets start our GD/ PI preps now..

Congratulations to all those who have a call from SIBM for the batch 2007-2009 … The first phase is succesfully over for us… now we need to put in our best to get admission into our dream college… lets not waste time and lets get g…

Congratulations to all those who have a call from SIBM for the batch 2007-2009 ..

The first phase is succesfully over for us... now we need to put in our best to get admission into our dream college...

lets not waste time and lets get going..

lets discuss all the expected gd topics related to current affairs here... and lets discuss answers to some typical interview questions...

some expected GD topics:

1) Reservatoion issue
2) Indo-US Nuke deal
3) Serial killings

put in ur contributions guys...

thanks

come on guys...

pour in ur contributions...

it'll be really helpful...

huh... no ones serious... it seems..

Topic from my side.....
Guys lets copy earlier topics and then append ours. So that whosoever sees last thread will get a complete list of topix:

1) Reservatoion issue
2) Indo-US Nuke deal
3) Serial killings
4) SEZs
5) Indian Economy: Is the base strong?
6) Can service sector sutain the contribution.....
7) Stem Cells
Racism In EU countries. (Thnx to Shilpa)

.........go on puys..............

B-School call getters... there is a unique feature started by PG!!!
Now u can know who all other Puys have got call for the same institute as yours...
Then u can network, set up practice GD-PI sessions, increase ur confidence level by interacting with the best of minds in the country (i know Puys are the Best :biggrin: )!!!

So input ur GD-PI time and venue and find out who is in there in your slot from the PG :D
Input details here ---> http://www.pagalguy.com/index.php?categoryid=88

Best of Luck!!!
Puys Rock!
anupam_khanna Says
huh... no ones serious... it seems..

Hey Anupam don't get disheartened. I'm there

My (unasked) profile
SNAP- 88.75
X- 92
XII- 88
Engg- 76
Decent Extra curriculars
2.5 years work-ex.

How about first dissecting the process. it seems that there are two GDs. One general and one case study. One extempore and a PI. (In other words a rehersal for all posssible forms of personality assesment)

For the general GD anything can be the topic. Should we not try to make a generalized attempt to approach the topics. Here's my take.

1. Write down the topic on a piece of paper if possible.
2. In the one- two mins before starting the GD brainstorm the topic and write (or remember)ur points of view. In all possibilities one might not come up with more than 2 or 3 points of view. See how thay can progress as the GD progresses.
3. Starting a GD is an advantage but not a necessasity. If one does not have content, no point in giving the moderators a chance to eliminate u instantly. So start only if u can logically dissect, understand and give direction to a GD.
4. Stick to the topic. Eg. Rise of China as the new world economic power does not mean discussion on India vs China, although India can figure in the discussion. The main discussion must be about China in the whole world. (U can read "The World is Flat" and know the difference.)
5. No on-to-one discussions and no personal fightbacks. U are a team player and u've got to address the whole team.
6. Good eye contact with all the team members.
7. Good and polite manners to address the whole gathering.
8. No short terms and lingo (esp college lingo). Simple, plain and formal english(with an Indian accent)
9. Learn to accept a different point of view. If u are not ready to budge from ur point of view, at least show flexibility in appreciating the other's view. This goes a long way in explaining ur team skills and team dynamics.
10. Don't boss around, unless u are there just for the refreshments.
11.Lastly, see whether u can and are asked to come to a conclusion. If u are not asked a conclusion, u are not bound to give one. But u must get some output after discussing, right. If a conclusion is asked, please please give a conclusion. It is a mandate provided for a group task by the moderators, it ought to be completed at any cost.

Hope I've fired in something.

Waiting for more from u guys

A

Hi all. great to see such enthusiasm. well u mite also include some recent topics.. hostile takeovers maybe. just to clarify plz don't assume that these are suggestions for the actual process but are only personal suggestions. for previous gd pi topics u will soon have a friend to help you out.

Cheers!!

Congratulations to all those who have a call from SIBM for the batch 2007-2009 ..

The first phase is succesfully over for us... now we need to put in our best to get admission into our dream college...

lets not waste time and lets get going..

lets discuss all the expected gd topics related to current affairs here... and lets discuss answers to some typical interview questions...

some expected GD topics:

1) Reservatoion issue
2) Indo-US Nuke deal
3) Serial killings

put in ur contributions guys...

thanks

y don't u post on the existing thread of SIBM call getter - GD/PI. lot of peopel active their so makes more sense!

Anshul
Marcom-I