SIBM bangalore Discussion

Hey ! Congrats to all who have got Sibm Blr . I am starting this threads , to help all those have converted sibm blr but are confused now .

Hey ! Congrats to all who have got Sibm Blr . I am starting this threads , to help all those have converted sibm blr but are confused now .

jain.er Says

Congrats dear and thnx for starting this thread..

i have got SIBM-bang, my 2nd preference.

I hav few pts in my mind
1. Look vat had happened to IMT nagpur , even after few years it is nt able to make a mark.
2. But IMT is in Nagpur but SIBM is in blr ( so location adv is vid SIBM)
3. IMT usually calls at 90 and SIBM had keot criteria same for both
4. But still its the 1st batch and we have to decide r v becoming guinea pigs ?

Hey,

I got waitlisted for B'lore.
But we got no rank/number.

Whats that all about?

Is it advisible to join the Bangalore campus??
IIFT-K is really well off now!!! Am in splits whether to join the SIBM -Blr or not..
Also, hvnt they given the waitlist number or anything for both the campuses...??

I am also starting a poll . A kind request to all PLz PLZ PLZ PLZ do cast your vote its imporatnt to all of us to gauge the mood of the junta.............

Hey puys. I got rejected for pune but waitlisted for bangalore. What's the procedure for waitlisted candidates? Do they also need to say the initial money right now or they'll be informed at a later and correct time?

If we need to pay, then shall i say for bangalore? Please someone from bangalore or SIBM guide me.

For the waiting list no ; seniors only can help ; or call up ; or mail the admin department till then nothing can be said

Hey puys. I got rejected for pune but waitlisted for bangalore. What's the procedure for waitlisted candidates? Do they also need to say the initial money right now or they'll be informed at a later and correct time?

If we need to pay, then shall i say for bangalore? Please someone from bangalore or SIBM guide me.

No waiting list candidate need not pay any money ; just play wait and watch game...........
Is it advisible to join the Bangalore campus??
IIFT-K is really well off now!!! Am in splits whether to join the SIBM -Blr or not..
Also, hvnt they given the waitlist number or anything for both the campuses...??

The major difference between gov B schools and private one is that private Bschool has a motive of profit ; and gov one has the adv of gov funds so it wud b unfair to compare iift K and sibm blr
jain.er Says
I am also starting a poll . A kind request to all PLz PLZ PLZ PLZ do cast your vote its imporatnt to all of us to gauge the mood of the junta.............

Dear it would be very fast/complex to decide whether we are joining Bang Campus or not.
So to be Sure I Request u to add 2 more bullets
1) Will wait for SIBM-Pune Wait List to clear
2) Difficult to decide.

I am sure after adding these 2 options this poll will be more useful.

and i am sure most of the votes will fall in these 2 points

So i request u to add these 2 points also
jain.er Says
The major difference between gov B schools and private one is that private Bschool has a motive of profit ; and gov one has the adv of gov funds so it wud b unfair to compare iift K and sibm blr

Hey .. What i meant is...
somebody had stated the case of IMT, Nagpur..!!!so i tried countering it with IIFT-K.. Its no means a comparison but.. SIBM is really well off B schools by any standards.....!!! So I guess SIBM Blr wudnt go the IMT-Nagpur way!!!!!
Hey .. What i meant is...
somebody had stated the case of IMT, Nagpur..!!!so i tried countering it with IIFT-K.. Its no means a comparison but.. SIBM is really well off B schools by any standards.....!!! So I guess SIBM Blr wudnt go the IMT-Nagpur way!!!!!

Really hope so because we are short of gud B schools in India

puys i too got shortlisted in the SIBM bangalore campus and even though i am in a dilemna whether to join or not my decision has been all but made up due to the sole reason that the faculty will be different. This does mean that at some point down the line the faculty appointed will lead to differentiation in the quality of students passing out of both campuses. Whether ofr better or worse only time will tell. As of now i dont think that i will take a chance with my future dependent on this.

Dear it would be very fast/complex to decide whether we are joining Bang Campus or not.
So to be Sure I Request u to add 2 more bullets
1) Will wait for SIBM-Pune Wait List to clear
2) Difficult to decide.

I am sure after adding these 2 options this poll will be more useful.

and i am sure most of the votes will fall in these 2 points

So i request u to add these 2 points also

I am in a dilemma too... Gave bangalore as my first preference (thought it was the right move at the time)... still 60-40 in favour of joining the campus..... PUYS mereko rasta dikha de... pleaseeeee....
pradeep2007 Says
I am in a dilemma too... Gave bangalore as my first preference (thought it was the right move at the time)... still 60-40 in favour of joining the campus..... PUYS mereko rasta dikha de... pleaseeeee....

I am not saying that vatevr i say is correct ; but still i vil try to help u ;
1. First of all its only u who cud show the way to u so dont depend on othrs
2. Now ask yrslf how much desparate u r to take admission this yr
3. R u havng other calls also ; vat ws yr performance in their gd/pi ? do u expect them to convrt?
4. How much risk can u take by joing Sibm
5. Do u wanna wait another yr
6. At least reserve the seat by paying the fees.
7. In the end this degree wud b t last one of yr career so think twice before taking descions.

Hey i've converted ICFAI hyd TILL NOW. Do you think i shall better go to ICFAI rather than SIBM bangalore for which i'm waitlisted?

Well i have a lot of other calls and ICFAI isn't the first choice but i'm just sorting out the options from the 2 final calls that i have till now.

Puys
Does neone has ne info about the BANGALORE campus and hostel?

Do they even have a website of their own?

sibm b pics

SIBM . Interact . Bangalore Pictures