SIBM Bangalore Admissions 2012-2014

Hi All, *"It takes a certain level of aspiration before one can take advantage of opportunities that are clearly offered. " *-Michael Harrington The time of the year, when the aspirations of thousands of students across India and abroad...

Hi All,

"It takes a certain level of aspiration before one can take advantage of opportunities that are clearly offered. " -Michael Harrington

The time of the year, when the aspirations of thousands of students across India and abroad fly sky high, has come.. We, at SIBM bangalore, formally open this thread for asking any queries related to admissions to https://www.facebook.com/pages/Admissions-SIBM-Bangalore-Team-SymBITion/187608194646279 *****
Important Dates for SNAP
SNAP Registration Closes on: November 23, 2011 - Wednesday
Payment Closes on: November 25, 2011 Friday
SNAP Test: December 18, 2011 Sunday (Time: 2pm to 4pm)
SNAP Test Result: January 12, 2012 - Thursday

Important Dates for SIBM Bangalore
Online Registration for SIBM Bangalore :Started 15-09-2011 Click here to apply: //http://oamssnap.blueshiftindia.com/sibmb/website/
SNAP Test: 18-12-2011
Last date of Online Registration & Payment for SIBM Bangalore: 09th January 2012, Monday

SNAP Test Result Declaration: 12-01-2012
Declaration of shortlisted candidates for GD/PI: 19th January 2012, Thursday
Commencement of GE/PI: 1st week of February, 2012 onwards
Final Merit List Display: 14th March 2012, Wednesday
Last Date for Payment of Fees: 31st March 2012, Saturday
Online Pre-Induction Program begins: 16th April 2012, Monday
Commencement of Course: 06th June 2012, Wednesday

For further details, please go to SYMBIOSIS INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT

So bring it on, fellas ...! :

Nikhil Sinha
Admissions & IT Committee (Team SymBITion)
SIBM Bangalore
Batch of 2011-2013

P.S.: Last year thread for reference:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2011-sibm-bangalore-admissions-2011-2013-25058492

hey hello ....

its really nice of u for opening this thread ....:)
i would like to know about the last year cut offs ... including diff category ... and does sibm b gives imp to 10th n 12th marks ... ?

hey hello ....

i would like to know about the last year cut offs ... including diff category ... and does sibm b gives imp to 10th n 12th marks ... ?

Last year cutoffs for the General Category was 105.25. Other categories were lower, I'll let the Admissions team pull out those statistics ( Best not to steal their thunder )

10th n 12th marks are given importance in the selection process while the GD/PI is going on. Not to worry though, the weightage isnt much. The institute aims at getting people who are good overall rather than just someone who outperforms everybody in one single area
hey hello ....

The Cut offs for the last year were as follows:

Open Category 105.75

SC 61.25

ST 15.5

Differently Abled (DA) 42.75

Kashmiri Migrants (KM) 75.75

As far as importance to 10th and 12th marks is concerned, it's futile to think , since you can not change them. Yes, there may be small weight for these marks, but your over all performance in the SNAP is more important as of now.
I would suggest you to prepare and do well in SNAP first. All the best!

And We are Back..!!

Stronger..!! Bigger..!! We are SIBM, BANGALORE

what is the scenario of the placements highest and avg package ??

i am an SC candiate my 10 12th marks are 70%age and 61.4%
i wana know wat r the chances ...to get into SIBM-B if i cleared the cuttoff..this yr..i wll i know...
my poor academic can play a spoil sport or not???:::|:|:::

i am an SC candiate my 10 12th marks are 70%age and 61.4%
i wana know wat r the chances ...to get into SIBM-B if i cleared the cuttoff..this yr..i wll i know...
my poor academic can play a spoil sport or not???:::|:|:::

Academic are counted in final. The academics are given score based on the performance. However since scale down takes place and SNAP Score your performance in GE & PI are also taken into account while calculating the final score.

So you should aim at performing well in SNAP and then GE and PI.
Whats gone is gone my friend. Whats in hand in the future..!!

Best of Luck..!!
PRIZM: Mosaic Of Indian Tourism

India is a wide kaleidoscope of Cultures, colours, people and the rest. Each state, from each part of India, has its own unique heritage and culture, and it brings something different to the forefront.

Incredible India, Kerela - God's Own Country, Go Goa, Madhya Pradesh - Hindustan ka dil dekho, are just a few glowing examples of what Indian Tourism has been represented as to the outside world. In a fast changing world, where India is known for its tourist hubs, promotion became a necessary idea. The promotions were to change the perception of India, to enlighten Indians about the necessity of tourism activities for India, and to promote India as a whole to the wide world. Looking back at it, we see it has definitely paid off for India.

PRIZM is a challenge, a competition for students and corporate to find the true calling of India, which looks like one, but is actually consistent of various different and endearing facets, full of life, colour and joy.

Through PRIZM, we try to showcase India in a different light, of how each State is different. The basic idea is to make a video or print ad to showcase one state of India.

PRIZM: Mosaic Of Indian Tourism - Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore| All about Management and Business School events, B-school competitions, MBA festivals, Business and Management Quizzes, Management jobs and internships, Conferen

We are SIBM, BANGALORE
About ALTIUS 2011:
Altius stands for "Higher".

This is an event to fulfill our endeavor to reach newer heights and gain valuable knowledge. We believe in learning from the experience of the industry and real-time implementation of ideas. We aim to have one full day dedicated to the Gurus of Marketing, learning from different paradigms and different speakers, brainstorming about 'What's New' and 'What's Next' in the Indian Marketing Arena.

THEME - The Indian experience - Discussing the quintessential question - How does India define Marketing today?

Altius 2011 SIBM Bangalore - YouTube
We are SIBM,Bangalore

Does Work-Ex has considerable weightage in the selection criteria?

manager007 Says

It does not carry considerable weightage but yes it does carry some...!!

However do not be under the impression that Work-Ex students are given any kind of preference. The selection process is transparent and open and every candidate is given due and equal opportunity.
manager007 Says

It does not carry considerable weightage but yes it does carry some...!!

However do not be under the impression that Work-Ex students are given any kind of preference. The selection process is transparent and open and every candidate is given due and equal opportunity.

To add on to what Pratik has mentioned, please be assured that we have a good mix of experienced folks and freshers... The batch profile (available on the official website) is itself an indication that everyone is on a level playing field during admissions (rather after it too!)- around 45 % of the batch of 2009-11 were freshers and that went up to approx. 52% for our seniors (2010-12)...

So to you and all others in similar dilemma, only one advice- study well now and give your best in these last few months before the flurry of exams near the end of the year..

Keep pouring in your questions ......

Is SIBM-B Related to SIBM-P except for the thing that they're under SIU?

pbhalla1990 Says
Is SIBM-B Related to SIBM-P except for the thing that they're under SIU?

pbhalla1990 SIBM Bangalore and SIBM Pune are one of flagship institute of SIU. SIBM have great alumni base...... However both institutes have their own management. I hope this answers to your question....
Study hard and score well.........ATB

Last Year SNAP 2010 Official Cut-offs

Category Cut-offs

Open Category: 105.75

SC: 61.25

ST: 15.5

Differently Abled: 42.75

Kashmiri Migrants: 75.75

Hi
i am a general candiate my marks as follows

10th- 72
12th-51
BCA- 67
MCA-76

I also have 2 year of IT company exp.

i want to know what are the chances ...to get into SIBM-B if I clear the SNAP test.

Will my IT exp. help me to get in somehow.

one more query. after completing my MBA from there I want to go again in IT industry as IT manger or so instead of going in marketing or finance sector. so what is my chances to get recruited from their.

Hi
i am a general candiate my marks as follows

10th- 72
12th-51
BCA- 67
MCA-76

I also have 2 year of IT company exp.

i want to know what are the chances ...to get into SIBM-B if I clear the SNAP test.

Will my IT exp. help me to get in somehow.

one more query. after completing my MBA from there I want to go again in IT industry as IT manger or so instead of going in marketing or finance sector. so what is my chances to get recruited from their.

himanshuparasha your profile looks pretty good and you also have your masters with 2 years of work ex in IT which will be add on to your profile... Your final selection depends on the SNAP score, academic performance, work experience and the whole GE/PI process.... all these factors scaled down.......So work experience too have a weightage but chances of getting selected in SIBM-B depends on all the above factors..........
Coming to 2nd question, last year SIBM-B had a lot of top notch IT companies for Final placements in campus....Students in SIBM-B have freedom to choose the company in which they want to apply giving the fact student meet the criteria of that company.....:D:D:D....For further details visit on http://sibm.edu.in/...... I hope your worries are resolved now......
So don't worry and study hard and score well....ATB

SNAP Test Result Declaration: 12-01-2012
Declaration of shortlisted candidates for GD/PI: 19th January 2012, Thursday
Commencement of GE/PI: 1st week of February, 2012 onwards
Final Merit List Display: 14th March 2012, Wednesday
Last Date for Payment of Fees: 31st March 2012, Saturday
Online Pre-Induction Program begins: 16th April 2012, Monday
Commencement of Course: 06th June 2012, Wednesday

By looking at the dates, one basic question that lingers in every working professional's mind is that about the Notice period :shocked::shocked:

Final Merit List would be displayed around 14th March 2012..So, if a candidate is confirmed about a seat, then he would put his papers some where around 15th March 2012 [ for Eg:] , then, in most of the IT organizations, its 90 Days Notice period. So, his/her Last working day would be around 12th June 2012.
Even though we have the Pre- Induction Program Online..I do not know we would manage this.
I guess, it's the same case every year.So, I wanted to know how the seniors who are pursuing their MBA after working cope up with this issue.
Please guide me in this regard