SIBM Bangalore - Admissions 2011 - GE/PI Experiences

Hello Everybody, With the admissions process having been started today at SCDL in Pune, it is time you pitch in with your GE/PI experiences and help others who could be on their way to our esteemed institute. Please be as descriptive as …

Hello Everybody,

With the admissions process having been started today at SCDL in Pune, it is time you pitch in with your GE/PI experiences and help others who could be on their way to our esteemed institute.

Please be as descriptive as you can. Every bit helps!

Thank you in advance if you decide to pitch in. Hope to see all of you here!

To start off:

To give a brief insight into the scoring process:

Total marks: 100
50% weightage to SNAP score

Rest 50 marks is divided as follows:
25 marks: Personal Interview
10 marks: Group Exercise participation( several interpersonal, leadership skills are tested)
15 marks: Work Experience and past academic records (this does not mean, higher work ex will gain better score, it is dependent on quality of job, company you worked with, and domain knowledge...Dont worry, freshers..your cases are taken into consideration!)

Regards,
Kshitij Sharma
SIBM-Bangalore
Batch of 2012

5th feb,10:30 slot

GE process: was given a topic "Promoting Enterpreneurship- Role of Goverment of India".

2 mins were give to ask any doubts about the topic...10 minutes for making a verbal presention (i.e. discussing the topic among ourselves and puting up the points that we can make in the presentation). then 3 minutes for making the presentation and next 5 minutes to summarize the happenings of GE in 200 words...

one advise: do not create a fish market and keep in mind this is GE not GD...try to involve all the people in the group..make it a fruitful exercise

PI: one advise: be ready for any questions.(like y not to choose you)thy might pop up at any point..try to be truthful and precise in answers

5th July 10:30 slot

GE process: was given a topic "Promoting Enterpreneurship- Role of Goverment of India".

2 mins were give to ask any doubts about the topic...10 minutes for making a verbal presention (i.e. discussing the topic among ourselves and puting up the points that we can make in the presentation). then 3 minutes for making the presentation and next 5 minutes to summarize the happenings of GE in 200 words...

one advise: do not create a fish market and keep in mind this is GE not GD...try to involve all the people in the group..make it a fruitful exercise

PI: one advise: be ready for any questions.(like y not to choose you)thy might pop up at any point..try to be truthful and precise in answers

Please elaborate your PI experience. :)

Thank you !!!

P.S: 5th Feb hai bhai ....july nahi 😉

Done with the ge/pi today! 😃 Was in the first batch of 8 am. It was overall a good experience. So here goes the details..
Reached the centre at 7.45 sharp. The seniors were setting up everything..almost everybody was on time(almost 36 of them had reached before me).. The presentation started around 8.30.. later we had to check our respective groups and sit accordingly. Registerations started off and went on for another hour.. Then came the 'real' part..we were asked to go to another room for our ge ..
The topic given to us was 'Recommendations to be given to the GOI to curtail corruption in the Indian Armed Forces' ..We had 2 mins to think and 10 mins to discuss and then come up with a presentation. Me along with one more guy from the group presented it. After that we were given a sheet where we were asked to summarize it as well.Would say it was a decent ge. No fish market,no rowdy stuff happening..everyone spoke their point.
Another 15-20 mins passed while we were asked to wait out till the moderators assessed our performances. Then started the pi process.
My pi was completely hr..even though me being an extc engineer wasnt asked any tech stuff. Went on more like a friendly conversation..the moderators were absolute sweethearts to me :-P ..But but dont take this as a final word cuz some others were asked tech stuff..and another girl said she was grilled..so its all your luck in the end!
PS if u mentioned creative in your strengths,they'd give you anything from the desk and ask u to sell the product to u/ use it for different purposes other than what it is meant to do/ find faults with it. i was asked to do that with the correction pen and the name stand.
So all in all was a fun experience for me. Hope you guys have same too. All the best! 😃 😃

Thank you for being selfless and helping others. In a short time, the admissions team would be free and they may come around and post their experiences of the first day of the admissions process.

Meanwhile, keep 'em coming!

Had my GE-PI on 5th Feb, 2:00 pm slot.
The process was delayed by almost 1.5 hours due to backlog of earlier slots. But its quite understandable. PI panel might have taken more time for some people than anticipated. Anyways, So the process consists of GE and PI.
Started with verification of documents. Do carry 2 sets of attested documents of ur marksheets, work-ex letters. Also 2 photos.
The GE consists of a any group activity, for us it was , "plan out a event to be held at SIBM".
So Ma'am asked us to stand up in a circle and discuss and come up with a plan. We were given 10 minutes for the same. So we (10 people) split in 3 teams and came up with a high level plan.
Then 3 minutes were allocated for presenting your plan. So i started with the introduction and one member from each of the 3 teams spoke roughly for a minute.
The plan we came up wasn't that great but i thought we coordinated very well and there was no fish market like situation.
Panel may ask you to arrange the seats in the class for the GE in a order suitable to you. So if your group is not comfortable in semi-circle, u can change it to a circle.
Then we were asked to pen down and summarize what was discussed in the GE. Barely 2-3 minutes arr given here, so make sure to write fast. (I had hardly written anything when the bell rang and the my sheet was collected)
All in all a good GE experience.

Will come up with the PI experience in some time. .

my ge/pi experience

i reached scdl at around 1:30 pm. But i had to wait till 3 pm as 10:30 pm slot candidates were waiting for their ge/pi process.i was at first little apprehensive about the process. but when i interacted with seniors i felt at ease. then at 3pm they started the reigstration and verification process. there were 4 groups of 11 candidates each at 2pm slot. at around 4pm they showed few audiovideo of sibm bang and it flashed back my college days memory. it was a gud ppt from mr varun,nikhil,pratik. at around 5 pm our ge/pi process started and we got a topic on how to manage and organise an event in sibm bang campus.time limit was 10 min. and then 3 min for its presentation. it started like fish market but as earlier instructed by the panels finally everyone decided to cooperate and we discusssed all relevant matters and it was a good experience since my college days.
finally around 6 pm we waited for our interview. during the mean time there some videos regarding placement cell dance videos and it was really funny and it flashed back my campus life. my interview also went well.
the professors and seniors were really helpful and i felt proud of it.
i hope i can be a proud member of sibmite.
all the best to rest. be cool and composed. thatz the main funda and dont panic.

ATB PUYS.

The PI:
The PI consisted of 3 panel members (same members as of GD, one from college, 2 external). Since we were pretty late, i think PI's were getting shorter as time passed.
Anyways the questions
1) Why should SIBM take you ? What can u give to the college ?
As i said that i have been doing well consistently in acads, Ma'am stopped me and said say somethin other than acads.. so i went blah blah...
2) Next 2-3 questions followed from the answer i gave to the first..
3) So suppose now i select u.. u r selected. now what ? what are u gonna do now?
4) Why do you want to join SIBM-B leavin ur home town (pune) where you got other options ?
5) Indirectly asked whats the fee of SIBM-Bangalore ?

It lasted around 8-10 minutes..

Would take this opportunity and thank the seniors - Pratik, Varun, Juhi, Nikhil.. They were there all the time to see everything went fine..
The presentation on SIBM-Bang was gr8.. i really liked both the presentations.
Hope i can convert this call and be a SIBM'ite..
Verdict : In Waitlist 1

puys,just one query do we need to make a resume...are they seeing it or is it compulsory...

arpit90 Says
puys,just one query do we need to make a resume...are they seeing it or is it compulsory...

carrying resume adds up to ur presentation...

seniors, 1 question....

what do u feel, the GEs which have happened till now....is it more like a role based or more of a discussion based?
my ge/pi experience

i reached scdl at around 1:30 pm. But i had to wait till 3 pm as 10:30 pm slot candidates were waiting for their ge/pi process.i was at first little apprehensive about the process. but when i interacted with seniors i felt at ease. then at 3pm they started the reigstration and verification process. there were 4 groups of 11 candidates each at 2pm slot. at around 4pm they showed few audiovideo of sibm bang and it flashed back my college days memory. it was a gud ppt from mr varun,nikhil,pratik. at around 5 pm our ge/pi process started and we got a topic on how to manage and organise an event in sibm bang campus.time limit was 10 min. and then 3 min for its presentation. it started like fish market but as earlier instructed by the panels finally everyone decided to cooperate and we discusssed all relevant matters and it was a good experience since my college days.
finally around 6 pm we waited for our interview. during the mean time there some videos regarding placement cell dance videos and it was really funny and it flashed back my campus life. my interview also went well.
the professors and seniors were really helpful and i felt proud of it.
i hope i can be a proud member of sibmite.
all the best to rest. be cool and composed. thatz the main funda and dont panic.

ATB PUYS.

hi... thnx fr the info...

well, the male aspirants, were they with their blazers or without it??

it was optional. about 1/3rd guys wore blazer while 1/3rd wore shirts with tie. so itz ur choice. but do take ur blazer wid u. becoz new day will bring new candidates and u can't judge any1 apperance.
srm27 Says
it was optional. about 1/3rd guys wore blazer while 1/3rd wore shirts with tie. so itz ur choice. but do take ur blazer wid u. becoz new day will bring new candidates and u can't judge any1 apperance.

Good one...

But a blazer is not required. You need to be in formals...a formal shirt and tie would do. Wear polished shoes and a belt as well....Keep jewelry to the minimum.
carrying resume adds up to ur presentation...

seniors, 1 question....

what do u feel, the GEs which have happened till now....is it more like a role based or more of a discussion based?

As per the replies in this thread,it seems that its a combination of both. Puys one advice , it seems that you would be observed from the point topic is announced. So try to be creative (by suggesting solutions to the problem) and also contribute in the discussion.

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me whether they are checking for migration certificate also ?
I have the degree certificate but could not manage to get the migration certificate.

Kindly help in this regard.

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me whether they are checking for migration certificate also ?
I have the degree certificate but could not manage to get the migration certificate.

no they are not checking migration certificate
Hi,

If you dont have it yet, dont sweat it....But you will need it if and when you get admitted as the migration certificate is a part of a select few documents required by the university....

Blazers are absolutely unnecessary. In fact even a tie is also not compulsory. Just wear normal formals, well polished shoes. Wear decent colours, nothing eye-catching, minimal jewelery. Keep it neat and simple.

posting my gdpi experience: 6feb 10:30 slot

reached centre at 9:30 in the morning...had to wait till 11:30 or so...in the meantime documents were verified and we were alloted numbered tags according to our group no.

then we had GE..topic was .."Eligibility for Candidates in elections at all levels"..we had to discuss in 10 min and then come out with presentation. ..i suppose grp dint managed well....

i wud suggest to atleast say sth.
finally we had to summarize our GE exp..in 3 min i suppose...b4 i cud complete sth gud enough,having not spoken much during GE...time was over.

then it was not more than 2-3 min after the GE process...i was called for PI..i was the first one to be intrvwd amongst our group.

PI was totally HR..y SIBM-B shud select u..y MBA after Btech....i have gud BTech marks...was grilled on that only...was free by 1:30pm

all d best puys...