SIBM Admissions 2008 : queries & suggestions

I was surfing through PG looking for a thread to answer queries from prospective applicants/students of SIBM. Wasnt able to find one, so i have started a new thread. So juniors to be…shoot ur questions ::

I was surfing through PG looking for a thread to answer queries from prospective applicants/students of SIBM. Wasnt able to find one, so i have started a new thread.
So juniors to be....shoot ur questions

Please confirm me whether there are sectional cutoffs for snap exam.Is it possible to leave out most of GK

sidarora Says
Please confirm me whether there are sectional cutoffs for snap exam.Is it possible to leave out most of GK

well, there were no sectional cut-offs till last time (cann't comment abt this time). And you need not be afraid of gk section it is comparatively easy and you can score well in this section.

Ankush Singla

usually, wot %ile do people need to score to get a call from SIBM??

is the form out for snap??
if yes...whts the last date of submission??

thnx in advance

no the form of SNAP is not out yet. it will be out on 16th august. so just a few more days to go.

for more information, visit the site S N A P T E S T

or click on the link SIBM . Programmes . MBA; this will take you to the site of SIBM and give you all the information about SNAP test and SIBM applocation.

@ everyone

SIBM invites MBA aspirants for SIBM LIVE at coimbatore and lucknow on aug 25 and aug 26 respectively.

Reputed corporate councillors and corporates will be addressing the students and answering their queries in SIBM Live.

For more information, post your queries here.

is cat syllabus enough for snap test, or is thr anything tht we have to prepare extra? especially in quant section

no the form of SNAP is not out yet. it will be out on 16th august. so just a few more days to go.

for more information, visit the site S N A P T E S T

or click on the link SIBM . Programmes . MBA; this will take you to the site of SIBM and give you all the information about SNAP test and SIBM applocation.

Still the online registration for snap has not yet started. When will it start? Any idea?
I was surfing through PG looking for a thread to answer queries from prospective applicants/students of SIBM. Wasnt able to find one, so i have started a new thread.
So juniors to be....shoot ur questions

Hey rookie_blogger
can u plz some throw light on how gud is SIBM is for work-ex guys.How gud are lateral placements.What is the minimum exp required for lateral palcements.What is percentage of wrk-ex guys in ur batch.how many of them are from engineering background........!!!

hey bro..i took up snap last yr and got around 60..
i don no where i lost in marks cuz paper was dam easy..

but ne way wat do u suggest bout SIBM..
kindly tel me the rankin it holds and latest avg salary...:)

@ everybody,

As i have posted earlier, there is some technical issue with the website.

People in SNAP office already know about it, and believe me, they are more worried than you to get it corrected as soon as possible.

So chillax guys & gals, you will get ample time to register yourself. i know that you will be apprehensive but think from the mind of SNAP ppl, will they want less number of applicants due to shortage of time?

Ankush Singla

@ ranjan_cat

Gud is a subjective term. So i will not comment on it. The current batch has around 65% ppl with work ex including professionals like C.A's etc. Sibm holds a separate placement process for Lateral Candidates to leverage their work ex. The eligibility criteraia is decided by the placement team usually 1+ year of work ex makes one eligible. Please remember that a company may set its own criteria as to what defines a lateral candidate.For more info visit our website SIBM . Symbiosis Institute of Business Management/home/placements_07.htm

@ ranjan_cat

Gud is a subjective term. So i will not comment on it. The current batch has around 65% ppl with work ex including professionals like C.A's etc. Sibm holds a separate placement process for Lateral Candidates to leverage their work ex. The eligibility criteraia is decided by the placement team usually 1+ year of work ex makes one eligible. Please remember that a company may set its own criteria as to what defines a lateral candidate.For more info visit our website SIBM . Symbiosis Institute of Business Management/home/placements_07.htm

Thanks for reply bro. and providing the link.I've visited the website :).The purpose of putting up a query on this thread was that i wanted to have the realistic view of placements as i can't rely on the statistics provied on the site.i think u guys who are already there can give the more accurate picture of the same.

Hi Ranjan,
Let me introduce you to the real World of MBA.
The number of guys having work ex in our batch as told by Ankush is 65 %. I would have thought it might be more, but i wont question Ankush as he has the exact data with him where as i had a ball park figure in mind.
Laterals again, as mentioned by him, till last year was 1 year plus work ex for most companies and a few companies had their own criteria. Now the catch is that was last year when the no. of ppl with work ex was below 50%.
In my batch we have loads of guys with 3 + years of work ex. So the criteria for laterals would increase. It might be 18 months or 24 months depending on what the Placement Advisory Team deems fit.
You asked about the realistic view of placements and here is what it is. You need to have relevant work ex. I have worked at Wipro and if i try for a job at P&G;, i should be able to convince them that my job at wipro was relevant in terms of selling P & G products. If i am unable to convince them (which would be the case for a majority attending laterals) i would be given a job of the same profile as that of a guy with zero work ex.
So always remember, when it comes to laterals, relevant needs to be highlighted. A second year guy, with prior work ex in the pharma industry got a PPO from JP Morgan Chase (JPMC). He was able to convince them that his pharma background would help JPMC in Pharma consulting and projects.
This is not only at SIBM but at any B School in India (IIMs included). So if you have work ex and the only value add u see of having a work ex before doing mba is the lateral placements, then you are quite mistaken. People with work ex are generally more confident with business dynamics and understand subjects better than freshers for the sole reason that they can relate it to their work.
So dont worry about laterals as yet. Prepare hard for the entrance exams. ATB. Hope i have been of some help to you.

Regds,
Vivek.

If money is the root cause of all Evil, I am on the Highway to Hell

ranjan_CAT Says
Thanks for reply bro. and providing the link.I've visited the website :).The purpose of putting up a query on this thread was that i wanted to have the realistic view of placements as i can't rely on the statistics provied on the site.i think u guys who are already there can give the more accurate picture of the same.

Hi aniina.....is that your name or did you just create a palindrome for a username??
I agree, last year SNAP results were a disappointment to a lot of us. Most of us expected much more than we got.
What do you want us to suggest about SIBM.
You are asking SIBMites abt SIBM. What answer do you think you would get. We are extremely loyal to SIBM. As far as we are concerned it is the best. We have excellent Proffs who dont teach us in the exam point of view. They teach in order to impart knowledge. We dont have many full time Proffs, but we have industry people coming all the time. You would know the quality of Proffs coming here only if you read their profiles. As per the course work, it is very hectic. As per the students, i would say top quality. I have never been in a class with so many intelligent people. It scares me at times as i wonder if i can keep up with them, but it also motivates me to work harder. One thing we can work on is the infrastructure. But hopefully we would move on to the new campus by the end of this year.

hey bro..i took up snap last yr and got around 60..
i don no where i lost in marks cuz paper was dam easy..

but ne way wat do u suggest bout SIBM..
kindly tel me the rankin it holds and latest avg salary...:)

could sumone tell me when the snap apps are out....

Plzz mention the cutoffs 4 SCHMRD AND SIIB.AND WAT R THE SECTIONAL CUT-OFFS??

bitshuva2 Says
Plzz mention the cutoffs 4 SCHMRD AND SIIB.AND WAT R THE SECTIONAL CUT-OFFS??

well, this is the thread for SIBM...... you can get better and accurate information if you ask the same question at the related threads.

Regards

Ankush Singla