SIBM 2008 GD/PI experiences

Hii Friends This is thread is for SIBM GD /PI experiences… Everybody share their experience… My experience coming soonnnn…:grin:

Hii Friends

This is thread is for SIBM GD /PI experiences........

Everybody share their experience........

My experience coming soonnnn.........:grin:

hey..are u posting ur experience???? please jaldi karo...

Hi all !!
jst got back frm SIBM GD/PI !!
Was in group 1NB !!

First was a presentation on SIBM and its new campus !!
then we had to fill a preference sheet fr pune or bangalore campus !!!
persons in a group are given numbers alphabetical wise !!
urs truly was last wid B-12 !!

first up was a case study !!
clear instructions nt to make it a fish market !!
topic was abt instaling a machine which would make abt 400 employees of a company redundant !!! union wale pange kar rahe hain !!employees in mid 40's semiskilled so wont get another job!! the employees children are studying in a school funded by the company !!! company has a gud employee-employer relationship !!
what shld the hr manager do ??
grp played it safe !!! no cutting each other !! went well overall !! nt bad i mean !! ok types !! reached a consensus tht employees shld be offered vrs or else shld be trained in some other skill !! every1 gt a chance to speak !!

next up was a group task !! we had to fill a psychometric sheet sort of thing !! had to allocate 10 marks to 3 statements like i listen to others etc..... then had to rate 5 animals. horse , tiger pig cow sheep......
then came the actual task...
12 in a grp..
6 were blindfolded... 6 were not..
had to pass a football frm one corner of the room to the other....
rules... no touching wid hand ( hand bole to shoulder se neeche ka part )
ball shld nt fall on ground !!!
tuk the initiative... got blindfolded...
we decided to have partners wid us blindfold guys...
partners deserted us aur aapas mein hi pata nahi kya karte rahe !!!
srry doston total blackout !!!

next pi !!
pretty general !!
why mba??
why sibm??
do u read newspapers??
2 headlines of today ??
rti act??
sez??
3 qualities tht u think a person shld hv??
what other calls??
bbye !!
13 mins flat !!!

co-ordinators are gud !! whole process is well organized and fun too !!
dnt wrry abt tht !!!

ATB to others !!

My Slot - 1 PM

Reached there at 12:30..... Had to stand in the sun as the line at the registration desk was very long as was stretching on the road.......

After registration, My group co-ordinator collectd the photocopy of my docs........
A presentation on SIBM, with nothing else matters in the background....
Had to fill the preference sheet then........

At 3 , my GD commenced.....
A case Study : Mohit, a very fair, honest and popular student leader........
A girl sheetal, caught cheating.........
She is the cultural secretary and very popular......
Also she is hard working, intelligent and comes from a poor back-ground.......

Principal withdraws her schholarship and does not allow her to give other exams.......

So, all the students want to go on a strike........

What should mohit do now???

Had a nice GD, though i am not sure of my performance........

Then a snack break........

Then the PI started.......
Panel was least interested in starting anything........
Some of the PIs in our group just lasted 2-3 minutes.........

Mine was ok ok........
They seemed very passive, no reactions visible........
Again, not sure of my performance.........

Then again a long wait.......Followed the group task.......

The football one as mentioned earlier..........
The ball should not touch the ground and u can not touch the ball with your upper limbs (i.e. hands........)

We got free at 8........

The process was a lot delayed for us.......

So be prepared for a good wait..........

SIBM admission comittee can sure put better job then what they r doing rightnow......

Otherwise the students are good......
Our group co-ordinator was very friendly and jovial.......

Any questions, just shoot.........
All the best :grin:

Hi Puys !!!

Thanks a lot anandsuvid and Destiny's_Child for sharing your wonderful experience with us !!!

Its a request to the rest of the Puys who attended their GD/PI yesterday and those who are going to face henceforth, plzzz write your experience here....
It will help us to get an insight of what actually is going this year !!!

Thanks a lot once again !!!

All the Best !! :wink:

thanx for sharing the exp guys
ihave mine taday at 1.00pm
will post about it tomorrow....
a request ...puys who had their pis pls post the same ...
thanx...

Hey it wud b gr8 if someone can post the link for last years GD-PI experiences...
All the best to puys for SIBM GD-Pis

My Slot - 1 PM

Reached there at 12:30..... Had to stand in the sun as the line at the registration desk was very long as was stretching on the road.......

After registration, My group co-ordinator collectd the photocopy of my docs........
A presentation on SIBM, with nothing else matters in the background....
Had to fill the preference sheet then........

At 3 , my GD commenced.....
A case Study : Mohit, a very fair, honest and popular student leader........
A girl sheetal, caught cheating.........
She is the cultural secretary and very popular......
Also she is hard working, intelligent and comes from a poor back-ground.......

Principal withdraws her schholarship and does not allow her to give other exams.......

So, all the students want to go on a strike........

What should mohit do now???

Had a nice GD, though i am not sure of my performance........

Then a snack break........

Then the PI started.......
Panel was least interested in starting anything........
Some of the PIs in our group just lasted 2-3 minutes.........

Mine was ok ok........
They seemed very passive, no reactions visible........
Again, not sure of my performance.........

Then again a long wait.......Followed the group task.......

The football one as mentioned earlier..........
The ball should not touch the ground and u can not touch the ball with your upper limbs (i.e. hands........)

We got free at 8........

The process was a lot delayed for us.......

So be prepared for a good wait..........

SIBM admission comittee can sure put better job then what they r doing rightnow......

Otherwise the students are good......
Our group co-ordinator was very friendly and jovial.......

Any questions, just shoot.........
All the best :grin:

Dear Pguys...
The Gd/Pi slot for the evening batch is from 1pm to 7:30pm
The same was notified earlier also but still for the convinience of every one i am posting this again.

Regards,
Hey it wud b gr8 if someone can post the link for last years GD-PI experiences...
All the best to puys for SIBM GD-Pis

Hi mandar_mdd,

Find last year's gd/pi experiences attached here.
Hope that helps you.

First day first slot.
There was a presentation(in which i was totally uninterested....n posed me a question on dat in the interview...asked me to name 7 alumni of SIBM...what d hell?? i told just one...lolz)

First was the group task....10 of us...first a psychometric test....then all were blindfolded....disoriented....ends of the rope handed to two ppl...then asked us to form a perfect square...went well....v were pretty close!!

Next was a case study....a company supplying industrial equipments manufactures a new product called Super Silicone which causes quick adhesion of rubber to anything....product was costly....target sales were 35 in a given period of time n actual sales were 15....going into losses....what the company should do?
4 options
1.Cut the price of the product to half
2.Put in more sales people to market the product better
3.Reducing the sales target
4.Scrapping the product.
i was one to start....Went well....most people were in favour of points 1 & 2...there was only one lady who stressed on point 3....n point 4 ka to sawaal hi nahi....overall it was fine(barring certain 1 on 1s)....everybody got a chance to speak!!!

Then came the PI.
Me being from Pune...asked me...u must be knowing SIBM very well...i said yes...then came 7 alumni wala question
why falling acads?
why mba?
why finance?
asked me if i've read ne autobiographies? i told them Lee Ioccocca's n spoke well on it
SWOT analysis
two major mergers/aquisitions involving Indian companies in 2007...told them Tata-Corus...cudn't tell the others(should hav said kingfisher-air deccan...aargh!!)

neways...fingers crossed...all the best to the rest of you guys!!!

hi..
i had my GDPI process at 1.00 PM on 31st Jan 2001
i reached venue at 12.30..got in a room assigned for the whole batch(around 140, ten groups). presentation about SIBM started at around 1.45PM. we were taken to another room where we sat in oval, this was just to get friendly with each other.
three tasks were going on simultaneously, so some had GDs some had Group tasks and some had PIs.
I was in group 1NH.Ours was GD first.
it was a case study, about a guy Mohit who is a popular student and president of Student union. Another girl named Sheetal who is cultural secretary of college is caught cheating by a match prof who is also very popular, but very strict.
He reports this matter to principal who debars her from all the exams and also takes back her scholarship. Now this punishment seems to harsh to students and they threaten to go on strike. Now you are mohit, what wil you do.
The discussion was very cordial, no fish market, most of the times only one person speaking.my performance was alright
Then we had PI, i was second guy in the group.
Panslists. P1, P2, P3
P1: that guy was yor freind (referring to the first guy in our group)
Me: yes sir. (he is my friend for 17 years)
p2: kiske rishtedar ho?
me: (shocked) pardon me sir, i didn't get you.
p2: mulayam yadav ya lau prasad yadav
me: kiska bhi nahi sir.(p1 says he is settled in mumbai)
p2: what's your father profession?
me: he's a teacher
p1: in the same school as 1st guys mother
me: yes
p3: then why don't you want to be teacher?
me: they don't command the same position in society nowadays. den said something about first god then teacher' that doesn't hold true these days(screwed up my answer)
p3: i don't think so
p2: asked me about the company i worked in and what client's we had
me: told
P2: thx you may leave now
me: thx and have a nice day.

Then we waited for everyones interview to get over. then we had our group task. same football one to pass from one side to other without touching the ball by upper limb, with half of us blind folded. before tis we were given a psychometry test.
at last it was over by eight. a little late but its alright.

Seniors are very good and they answer your every query without even battling an eyelid. Special thanks to everyone , specially Viju Nambiar( group co-ordinator).

hi..
i reached venue at 12.30..got in a room assigned for the whole batch(around 140, ten groups). presentation about SIBM started at around 1.45PM. we were taken to another room where we sat in oval, this was just to get friendly with each other.
three tasks were going on simultaneously, so some had GDs some had Group tasks and some had PIs.

Seniors are very good and they answer your every query without even battling an eyelid. Special thanks to everyone , specially Viju Nambiar( group co-ordinator).

At what time did all the process got over.....???

dear read the whole post. i've mentioned it got over at 8

hi..
it was a case study, about a guy Mohit who is a popular student and president of Student union. Another girl named Sheetal who is cultural secretary of college is caught cheating by a match prof who is also very popular, but very strict.
He reports this matter to principal who debars her from all the exams and also takes back her scholarship. Now this punishment seems to harsh to students and they threaten to go on strike. Now you are mohit, what wil you do.
The discussion was very cordial, no fish market, most of the times only one person speaking.my performance was alright
Then we had PI, i was second guy in the group.
Panslists. P1, P2, P3
P1: that guy was yor freind (referring to the first guy in our group)
Me: yes sir. (he is my friend for 17 years)
p2: kiske rishtedar ho?
me: (shocked) pardon me sir, i didn't get you.
p2: mulayam yadav ya lau prasad yadav
me: kiska bhi nahi sir.(p1 says he is settled in mumbai)
p2: what's your father profession?
me: he's a teacher
p1: in the same school as 1st guys mother
me: yes
p3: then why don't you want to be teacher?
me: they don't command the same position in society nowadays. den said something about first god then teacher' that doesn't hold true these days(screwed up my answer)
p3: i don't think so
p2: asked me about the company i worked in and what client's we had
me: told
P2: thx you may leave now
me: thx and have a nice day.

Then we waited for everyones interview to get over. then we had our group task. same football one to pass from one side to other without touching the ball by upper limb, with half of us blind folded. before tis we were given a psychometry test.
at last it was over by eight. a little late but its alright.

Puys,

Whats this psychometric test funda??:eh:
Can u all elaborate? Whats the objective to conduct this?

Also i think it would be better if the Group Tasks are conducted before the PI's so that u dont have to wait for other's PI to get over.. can save time here.. Hope SIBM Puys are reading this..

hey puys!!

just got back to mumbai..

so here's my story..

was slotted for the 1 Pm bacth..reached early around 12..they verify ur Call letter first up..
i guess there were around 120-140 people i all..

we were all seated according to our groups..each group ahda cooridinator..SIBM student..mine was really helpful..cheers to her!!! :grin:

do remember to keep xereoxes of ur documents ready..they have to sunmitted before the process begins..

we had our interviews first up !!!!!:shock:..

mine went ok..i guess
none of the usual questiones though ..(why MBA, why SIBM..two days of prep gone waste:sleepy:)..

was mainly asked about my work ex and hobbies...

this was followed by the case study...
we had to dicuss about the reasons for the bad performance of a plant after its magnager left..(this guy had improved it by firing some people and maintaing strict budgets)..

tell u what..15 people is a big no for a GD :2gunfire:..

anyways..managed to sneak in a couple of good points ..

last was the group task..

they had aroom divided into sections..the farthest sections had the max points (like a rugby field)..

and there were bits of paper..all around (mines!! )..

6 guys blindfolded.one chosen a leader...
basically we had to get max no of people to the farthest region on this 'minefield"..

only the leader could look forwrd9not backwards, sidewrads, anywhereelsewards)..

the rest had to look backwards..

the leader could talk to anyonr..none of the others could talk among thrmselves..
2 min given for strategy....
we thought we had one..untill we started..
anyways..managed to get some 100 points for the group..

overall..i thought it was fine...the SIBm guys were really helpful and were sharing thier own experiences about the process..cheers for that guys!!..

hope this helps!!
best of luck!!

Puys,

Whats this psychometric test funda??:eh:
Can u all elaborate? Whats the objective to conduct this?

Also i think it would be better if the Group Tasks are conducted before the PI's so that u dont have to wait for other's PI to get over.. can save time here.. Hope SIBM Puys are reading this..

don't know the purpose of psychometry test.. i think it is used to test your mental makeup, what are your priorities...
don't worry it's an easy test, and nobody knows if they are going to have the same procedure for everyone.
regarding the timing, i think it is impossible to conduct the procedure for everyone in same sequence. there are 140 guys in a batch. to simultaneously conduct GD for every batch 10 panels will be needed. then 10 panels for interviewers and it will take a lot more time.
personally i think PI before the group task is batter, because most of your tensions are relieved and you can enjoy the group tasks.

All the best for your GDPI

Hi,
Had my GD PI today.It was a good exp.Mine was the morning 8 am batch.
First we had a case study.It was about a s/w co. CompuSoft which got a prj from other company.The project is worth 50 lakhs and to be completeed in 2yrs.But the company was not able to do so.After 2 yrs only 40% of the proj is completed.The client wantts to take the prj back.WHat will u do as MD of Compusoft.Everybody spoke well and the discussion was good.
Then we had a group task in which we had to take a football from one end of room to other wothou touching it by hand and the ball shd not touch the ground.We thought of puttin the ball in a dustbin and carry it to other end but were not allowed to do so by the panel.
Then there was inti..Asked ques like why u joined ur co.,why ur branch of engg..Then some general ques like y MBA,what if ur PM asks u to do something and u dont agree,two basic problems of Indian society ..Was cool.
Lets see what happens next.
The students of SIBM did a gr8 job.Thanks to all of them.
All the best to u puys.

Hi,
Had my GD PI today.It was a good exp.Mine was the morning 8 am batch.
First we had a case study.It was about a s/w co. CompuSoft which got a prj from other company.The project is worth 50 lakhs and to be completeed in 2yrs.But the company was not able to do so.After 2 yrs only 40% of the proj is completed.The client wantts to take the prj back.WHat will u do as MD of Compusoft.Everybody spoke well and the discussion was good.
Then we had a group task in which we had to take a football from one end of room to other wothou touching it by hand and the ball shd not touch the ground.We thought of puttin the ball in a dustbin and carry it to other end but were not allowed to do so by the panel.
Then there was inti..Asked ques like why u joined ur co.,why ur branch of engg..Then some general ques like y MBA,what if ur PM asks u to do something and u dont agree,two basic problems of Indian society ..Was cool.
Lets see what happens next.
The students of SIBM did a gr8 job.Thanks to all of them.
All the best to u puys.

Puys,

in the football group task... how do you manage to carry the ball...
Whats the trick here??

Hi,
do we need to carry some Resume with us ? Or are they making us fill some forms out there...
I dont remember we have filled something about our extra curriculars and al bla bla bla in the form..
Please correct me if I am wrong here !