Should i join NITIE with 2 yrs wor-ex at Infy??

Hi All I am in deep dilemna.I have a fianl call from NITIE and MDI and have not been able to make it to any of the IIMs(though had a call from L and I my percentile is a low of 97.99 :: ,had a smashing interview/GD at I).I have 2 yrs of prior…

Hi All
I am in deep dilemna.I have a fianl call from NITIE and MDI and have not been able to make it to any of the IIMs(though had a call from L and I my percentile is a low of 97.99 ,had a smashing interview/GD at I).I have 2 yrs of prior experience in Infosys.What do you suggest ppl, shud i go ahead and join NITIE(i personally feel NITIE is better than MDI for my kinda profile) or shud give CAT another attempt next yr.Also any idea as to what are my chances of making to I this yr(thru second wl) considering the fact taht i did not figure in the WL also.
Please advice.

Hi Ambrosia,

if( u r thinking of joining or continuing Infy)
{
I think u shud go for it.
Me in Mastek Ltd.
Got 3 offers from Infy (April03,Sep03,May04), but never joined.

I dont think Infy has any good projects.
And also half the world is in Infy(including BSc IT guys)... so no advantage of being in Infy.
}

if( if thinking of trying next year and NITIE)
{
you yourself are the best judge whether you can surely make it next year.
}

--Mandar

But do u think Mandar that NITIE is worth joining after 2 yrs of work-ex..i mean you are from Bbay so may have better perspective of things related to NITIE 😃

Hey!! Nicely coded Answer, the last one. Well, I'll tell u the work-ex(only IT) of the present batch in NITIE:
Cisco(2yrs)
C-DoT(2yrs this guy had calls from Lucent too)
Wipro (2-3 guys with 2-4.5 yrs)
Infy( 5-6 guys with 1-3.5 yrs )
TCS (2-3 guys 1-2 yrs)
Solitaire
CMC
.... Do not remember some of them... I hope the historic data helps in decision making..
Enjoy

Hi Ambrosia,

Yes I think its worth it caz ur entire profile changes.
U can become a Consultant or a Business Analyst , which u cant becum thru Infy.
And if u work hard enuf (and also lucky enuf ) u mite get into E&Y;,Triniti,Intel,CS etc.

--Mandar

Hi People,
Please give ur suggestions/advice as to whether shud opt or not, the last date for payment is 21st May....
In distress
Amobrosia79

Join it man...NITIE is definately worth joining...
Its only for engs, and profile of students is gr8...

i will not suggest you to wait for one more year...u never know, no one can be sure of cracking it the next year...and NITIE is at par with any good b-school...so join it man...all the best

join it
NITIE gives u a lot of value addition which one realises after 2 yrs

Honestly speaking .. join MDI if u r thinking for a career in Marketing. Join NITIE if you are thinking for a career in Operations/Manufacturing.
NITIE is the best instt in the country for operations/manfg.. it's the only instt in the country that brought the concept of SCM ( Supply Chain Management ) in the country.
Going by salaries.. the highets salary offered at NITIE this year was 15 lacs surpassing that of IIM A&B; and C.
I hope u end up taking the right decision..

Best of Luck!

Anupam.

Join it man...
2 reasons - NITIE is a good institute and 2 yrs Work-Ex is abt the best time u can chose to leave and pursue an MBA.
I am sure u will find a lot of S/W professionals there with 2 or more years Work Ex and many might be from Infy itself ( is there any B-School where Infoscions are not in huge nos.... )...

I feel u should join NITIE. The PGDIM program reputation has gone up like anything even competing with IIMs.