Should I join IIMA

Hi friends, I have been selected by IIMA for its pgp program and i am in dilemma now. At present, i am getting 11 lakhs per annum with 5+ years of exp. If i continue in the same technical field, 2 years down the line, i will be getting a…

Hi friends,

I have been selected by IIMA for its pgp program and i am in dilemma now.

At present, i am getting 11 lakhs per annum with 5+ years of exp. If i continue in the same technical field, 2 years down the line, i will be getting a salary of around 15-16 lakhs. Morover, i have switched 3 companies in these 5 years.

Do you think after completing 2 years from IIMA, my worth will be more? Bcoz my profile looks sketchy with 3 companies in 5 years. Will it hamper my prospects if i join IIMA??

Should i join IIMA or stay in tech field itself??

Please advise me in this regard.

regards
Srinivas

Hi friends,

At present, i am getting 11 lakhs per annum with 5+ years of exp. If i continue in the same technical field, 2 years down the line, i will be getting a salary of around 15-16 lakhs. Morover, i have switched 3 companies in these 5 years.

Do you think after completing 2 years from IIMA, my worth will be more? Bcoz my profile looks sketchy with 3 companies in 5 years. Will it hamper my prospects if i join IIMA??

regards
Srinivas

I forgot to mention that i am in IT field now.

If u dont even need IIMA ...Why on earth u took CAT ?
even if u were to earn 25 Lakh per annum...would have suggested u to join IIM A

revealer.truth Says
I forgot to mention that i am in IT field now.

Dude what ever may be the field at one stage you have to become a manager..Think of 10 years down the line ..Even if you stay in the same company the management would expect you to manage people and want you to actively partcipate in management related things ..you have got a reputed institute to study management ..why not improve your Qualification and if you are fit enough you can even get 6 times the current salary in your field after two years ...Go and just enjoy man
Hi friends,

regards
Srinivas

No you should not join IIM A and more importantly do not open new threads for personal dillema, there are other threads catering such concerns especially.

Good point made in the earlier post!! Why ON EARTH did you take CAT? Iam stumped!
Creating a thread dedicated for asking whether I must join IIM-A or not itslef needs alot of guts... :wow:
After a 5 year experience that you have got, still you thinking wholly abt money (Iam not criticising cos u may have ur own priorities for that matter) doesnt sound too well. I hope you think of the next 25-30 odd years (depends on the age that you are of ... no hard feelings, just a joke) that you are gng to work or start ur own venture, managerial skills and acquired knowledge of Management will be a great thing for you, and from IIMA .. i think there is no competition for it!

Anyways it is ur call, maybe u might help someone else in dire need of it,

ATB...