Should I go for MBA now?

I am currently doing B.Tech.And I want to do MBA after this. But I am confused if I should take a job for a few years and then go with MBA or go for MBA not itself?People have suggested me to go for some job first but I am not really intereste…

I am currently doing B.Tech.

And I want to do MBA after this. But I am confused if I should take a job for a few years and then go with MBA or go for MBA not itself?
People have suggested me to go for some job first but I am not really interested to do job now.
But if having experience is very very important for MBA then I can go for a job.

I cannot decide between job and MBA.
If I go for job, what duration would be ideal?

Thanks
@Pearson said:
I am currently doing B.Tech.And I want to do MBA after this. But I am confused if I should take a job for a few years and then go with MBA or go for MBA not itself?People have suggested me to go for some job first but I am not really interested to do job now.But if having experience is very very important for MBA then I can go for a job.I cannot decide between job and MBA.If I go for job, what duration would be ideal?Thanks
Dude See,
Your are not the only 1 who has gone through this phase,almost every engg goes through this phase and even I have gone through similar concern.
I will tell u what was my thought process...
I graduated BE in 2011.
I gave CAT 2010 as i thought if top 15 College mila to thik or chuck means will do Job,
I didnt suceed as i gave casualy,I started working from Aug 2011,I will be giving CAT 2012 and I have got work ex at my back of a year and 4 months but due to my working tym constraints,it is very difficult to crack Cat it seems and often wonder cat 2010 if properly diya hota i would have got something gud,
now age is a factor,m already 23 and when i get admission i will be 24,so 24-25 and 25-26,means at 26 i will be an MBA same wit most 90% people who has 2year work ex,
26 is a young age but still it is not if u have constraints.
Work Ex helps u but if u have relavant work ex means if u are placed on bench of some company in mysore,its of no use so just go and appear cat and other exams and my advice try ur best and appear cat if top 10 college do or always have an option of working and this prep wont go in vain as nxt tym u will be better equiped with other in preparation.
and if u are in job analyse no of years working,some people feel no prospects in job and give cat rite away,some people have good prospects and give cat after3 4 years.tailor ur requirement accordinly.
All the best.

Hey Pearson

Your question reminds me of my Final year in BTech. Well to be honest all of us have faced this issue. The only solution that helped me overcome this was that whatever I do, I should make sure to do it properly. See, the thing is doing an MBA is not a one step affair. You prepare for CAT(or similar entrance exams), sit for GDs and Interview and then you get the final pass.
So think of it this way: If you can prepare throrougly for CAT and other MBA entrance now then whether you do it or not( which comes later) you will have the preparation to back you up in case you decide to go for MBA say after 2 years. In other words, it keeps you in a better position for the future. And as @rushinmehta pointed out, once you get into a job finding time will get difficult.

So don't care about enrolling for the MBA program or anything. Just prepare hard for the elimination rounds and give it a go 😃 Best of Luck

@rushinmehta hi,i am a biology graduate(final year).Due to maths constrains my CAT was an ordinary one.Having no hope to get a classy B school this yer.
Meanwhile i got selected in WIPRO's WiSTA programme.So now i am confused tht should i compromise with any B-school or accept wipro's wista programme.
Plz help.Thanx
opening in ABSOLUTDATA(package : INR 6-8 lakhs per annum)
One of the most reputed Analytics firm.
Eligibility criteria
1. who are in IT industry for more than 2 years and want to move to Analytics industry.
2. who are doing MS/MBA in India/Abroad and want to get into analytics industry
candidates to send me their email id , so that i can refer them.

@sachin_nitrkl said:
opening in ABSOLUTDATA(package : INR 6-8 lakhs per annum)One of the most reputed Analytics firm.Eligibility criteria1. who are in IT industry for more than 2 years and want to move to Analytics industry.2. who are doing MS/MBA in India/Abroad and want to get into analytics industrycandidates to send me their email id , so that i can refer them.
Its an excellent oppurtunity... I have always wanted to move into the data gathering field. This is my brief profile..
10th : 87
12th : 73
B.Tech (ECE) : 67% (University of calicut), 2010 passout
BSNL telecom training certificate
2 yrs experience in Wipro where am currently working as Software testing engineer. I got experience in both Retail and Insurance domain. Do you think I would have a chance?

My suggestion is prepare for CAT during your final semester of industrial project and see ur score. If you are getting good college then go for MBA otherwise Job.

it would be better option to prepare for the CAT or MAT examinations if you score high you would definitely get the best college in future

@sachin_nitrkl is the opening at ABSOLUTDATA closed?
@pallav1987 said:
@sachin_nitrkl is the opening at ABSOLUTDATA closed?
ya

Hi All. I Already have a Work Ex of 36+ months. I had given CAT 2011 & 2012 but in vein due to lack of Preparation and proper guidance and Motivation. Now im at Cross roads of my Life. I am planning to put my papers and prepare for MBA. Now i want to know if it is a wise option ? and is there anybody out there facing or Faced the same situation as mine. I don't knw if working and preparing wuld help as this would be my last try on Management related course preparation.

Please Help...

You share my same mindset. Even am at crossroads, as I am sick of this so called "IT" field. I have been in a tier I company for the past 2 years and the for the past one year, all the "technical" stuff am doing is entering data into application!! There is no option out for me than put my paper.

My objective is to aim CAT 2013 hard and achieve a perfect score.

First you take the experience for 2 years at managerial as well as supervisory level, then you can apply for International MBA.

For inquiry contact us at:
022-41241149
Institute for International Education

I'm currently a final year student in the BBA program at Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies. I want to do an MBA after this. I want to know how the acceptability for a BBA graduate from such an institute is? I'm keen to do an MBA immediately after my BBA course in one of the better 2 year courses in the country including IIMs, XLRI, SP Jain, or NMIMS etc.

I am BE 2010 passout. I am planning to take CAT 2013 paper. I have started preparing for it on a serious note. But now I am confused whether it's too late for me to switch to MBA; do the premimum colleges give less importance to 3+ experiened guys? By the time I go for interviews (supposing I can bell the CAT) it will be 4 years after college. Is that too big a gap to lower chances of me getting into a B-School?

@Pearson

I am currently doing B.Tech.

And I want to do MBA after this. But I am confused if I should take a job for a few years and then go with MBA or go for MBA not itself?

People have suggested me to go for some job first but I am not really interested to do job now.

But if having experience is very very important for MBA then I can go for a job.

I cannot decide between job and MBA.

If I go for job, what duration would be ideal?

Thanks

€‹Dear @Pearson , Your decision on MBA vs. Job depends on your priorities and your ambition. Most univs expect 4-5 years of experiece for MBA which is logical as you can relate ur work exp with classes.

@harihardas

I am BE 2010 passout. I am planning to take CAT 2013 paper. I have started preparing for it on a serious note. But now I am confused whether it's too late for me to switch to MBA; do the premimum colleges give less importance to 3+ experiened guys? By the time I go for interviews (supposing I can bell the CAT) it will be 4 years after college. Is that too big a gap to lower chances of me getting into a B-School?

@harihardas Dear Harihardas, higher experience will only increase your chance at B-schools. Please check IIML's previous batch experience report on their website- u'll be amazed by avg exp. In fact, Indian B Schools have started realising importance of work ex prior to MBA. However, please do note that corporates may take time to adapt to this change that IIMs are initiating..you may be placed equal to a fresher at the time of placements. I do not wish to generalise, you could certainly ask for a better profile and who knows u may get one! Why do you want to limit urself to CAT? Why not take GMAT and get admitted abroad..this will open world of international opportunities for u .

Good afternoon to all,

My name is B.V.RAVINDRA PRASAD REDDY ,completed b.tech in 2012 in Electronics and Communication Engineering from JNTU - Hyderabad with 73.78%. I have completed my SSC (X class)in 2004 with 84.50% and joined in Intermediate in BIOLOGY - PHYSICS - CHEMISTRY (Bi.P.C) stream and completed it with 79.50 % in the year 2006.

Later I joined in Bachelor of science (B.Sc)in Biochemistry , chemistry , botany specialization .Due to my financial conditions at that time,after the completion of my first year, I discontinued it and joined in a coaching program to change to MATHS -PHYSICS -CHEMISTRY (M.P.C). I took maths exams of all 4 papers (2 from 1st year and 2 from 2nd year) [ The persons who completed Bi.P.C in Intermediate can join in engineering courses by clearing all 4 mathematics exams in ANDHRA PRADESH] in a single shot and cleared with 75% and joined in Engineering in the year 2008. So I have 2 years of gap between 2006-2008 .After completion of my B.tech in 2012 and I have been searching for a job till today but I could not get a job .One more year got down.

With this totally I have 3 years of gap during my academics. Is that become any negative for my CAT exam?I want to take CAT this year.

Please provide answers for this post whether I proceed my CAT preparation or not? I am requesting you all please answer this .Because I am unable to decide whether to take the exam or not?

@B.V.RAVINDRAPRASADREDDY

Good afternoon to all,

My name is B.V.RAVINDRA PRASAD REDDY ,completed b.tech in 2012 in Electronics and Communication Engineering from JNTU - Hyderabad with 73.78%. I have completed my SSC (X class)in 2004 with 84.50% and joined in Intermediate in BIOLOGY - PHYSICS - CHEMISTRY (Bi.P.C) stream and completed it with 79.50 % in the year 2006.

Later I joined in Bachelor of science (B.Sc)in Biochemistry , chemistry , botany specialization .Due to my financial conditions at that time,after the completion of my first year, I discontinued it and joined in a coaching program to change to MATHS -PHYSICS -CHEMISTRY (M.P.C). I took maths exams of all 4 papers (2 from 1st year and 2 from 2nd year) [ The persons who completed Bi.P.C in Intermediate can join in engineering courses by clearing all 4 mathematics exams in ANDHRA PRADESH] in a single shot and cleared with 75% and joined in Engineering in the year 2008. So I have 2 years of gap between 2006-2008 .After completion of my B.tech in 2012 and I have been searching for a job till today but I could not get a job .One more year got down.

With this totally I have 3 years of gap during my academics. Is that become any negative for my CAT exam?I want to take CAT this year.

Please provide answers for this post whether I proceed my CAT preparation or not? I am requesting you all please answer this .Because I am unable to decide whether to take the exam or not?

@B.V.RAVINDRAPRASADREDDY You could take CAT and get a good percentile. But please note that a gap of three years is a negative and u should really come across as a strong candidate otherwise and justify the gap. Why dont you explore possibiity of some other course ( MS) preferably abroad. PM me incase you have further queries.