Seperate Application for IIM Shillong

Guys/gals the site for IIM shillong is up and running Further, those interested in MBA for 2008-2010 session will have to apply online with a link mentioned below before 10 jan 2008.(Guys deadline extended to Jan 22…2008) Rajiv …

Guys/gals

the site for IIM shillong is up and running

Further, those interested in MBA for 2008-2010 session will have to apply online with a link mentioned below before 10 jan 2008.(Guys deadline extended to Jan 22...2008)

Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Managment, Shilong

PS; i expect the results for CAT 2007 to be out before the date 8 Jan.
The simple reason being, that the last date for filling the app form is 10 jan and u expect the results to be there before that, since there is a column for filling CAT percentiles in form.

guys...the interviews will be held in shillong..delhi mumbai and kolkatta...now one interesting thing....that....we have to upload our CV also..now dunno what format and focus shd be there in the CV which is to be uploaded....there

thanx a ton dude.....hw did u cum 2 knw o ths??as in was thr an advertisement in d newspapers??

@ social loafer: dude i dont think a separate thread was required to post this info.... as already a thread exists for it.... u could have added ur points there rather than opening another thread...

but thanks a ton for the info... is really helpful

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iim-shillong-25024725

Mods kindly close the thread so the discussion can continue there...

Mods kindly close the thread so the discussion can continue there...

Lets keep this thread. For the simple reason that some user may not visit the already running thread under the presumption that the normal B-skool discussions must be on. Chances are that he/she might miss this important point of separate application.

Though modifying the thread title, adding 'Separate' before Application to make it clearer. 😃
azotae Says
thanx a ton dude.....hw did u cum 2 knw o ths??as in was thr an advertisement in d newspapers??

was just wondering abt IIM S..and then searched "rgiim" on google... and got the website.....thats it.....:)
It certainly is a very recently gone-live site.. 'cos I hv been googling for various combinations of IIM Shillong (including RGIIM) every 2-3 days.. and there was no relevant result till as late as Thursday evening!!
buck_was Says
It certainly is a very recently gone-live site.. 'cos I hv been googling for various combinations of IIM Shillong (including RGIIM) every 2-3 days.. and there was no relevant result till as late as Thursday evening!!

well the notification appeared on hindu today ..i got the link from dat notification .. though i had also checked the same link sm 2 days back and it said site under construction .. also from the content of the site it appeared to be a site prepared overnite ...
IIM CAT 2008, CAT 2008 : IMS India : Training for IIM entrance exams, MBA in India, MBA Abroad, CAT Coaching / training

chck..the ims website..the said link is there in top left corner....so it is a genuine link...:grab:
IIM CAT 2008, CAT 2008 : IMS India : Training for IIM entrance exams, MBA in India, MBA Abroad, CAT Coaching / training

chck..the ims website..the said link is there in top left corner....so it is a genuine link...:grab:

of course its a genuine one ..
a notification appeared in one of the most circulated national daily..
its an official website ..
have u puys noticed .. there is a intresting thing goin on here .. see
22 dec .. a guy says he foud a link to testing of results .

22nd dec a site appers for iims asking to register.. ..also some1 on pg said sm time bak dayt he had called diff iims and snm of dm said results may be out by last week of dec ..

usually instis give time for students to apply if they ask for cat scores ..don't u guys think .. even if results are out on 2nd jan ...10th is too close to shut down registration .. it looks like results are gonna cm in dec itself ..

hope santa comes wid sm gud news ...

Kindly use this thread for IIM Shilong Application related stuff...& for IIM Shillong related general queries, please use the thread (link attached below)..

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...-shillong.html (Seperate Application for IIM Shillong)

of course its a genuine one ..
a notification appeared in one of the most circulated national daily..
its an official website ..
have u puys noticed .. there is a intresting thing goin on here .. see
22 dec .. a guy says he foud a link to testing of results .

22nd dec a site appers for iims asking to register.. ..also some1 on pg said sm time bak dayt he had called diff iims and snm of dm said results may be out by last week of dec ..

usually instis give time for students to apply if they ask for cat scores ..don't u guys think .. even if results are out on 2nd jan ...10th is too close to shut down registration .. it looks like results are gonna cm in dec itself ..

hope santa comes wid sm gud news ...

I hope u're right dude.....the anxiety of the wait and continuous checking up on the VA thread to try and pre-empt what the possible IIM key could be is really getting to me

a request to the mods ..

there are two threads running for discussing iimshillong admission , genral discussion etc .. the matter get scattered hre and dr in this two threads ..won't be better to lock one thread and only keep a single thraed to discuss everything related to iim shillong ..it will help to keep everything related to iims at one place ..

Do we have to pay for the registration..? i mean as in allied colleges..?
and wt is the expected cut off...

Do we have to pay for the registration..? i mean as in allied colleges..?
and wt is the expected cut off...

no there is no fee ..u just have to register urself online ...

hi!!do inform us if any1 of u have any news bout d results..its quite logical to assume that d results will come out b4 8th jan keepin in mind d last date of reg at iim shillong.......but no confirmation is there.....:(

A few things I noticed in the online application for IIM-S...

1. Percentiles have to be numbers. Hitting dot button is not allowed.
If one gets 97.99, dunno what is he supposed to write 97/98

2. The whole procedure can be done online (upload feature for CV).
So, speculations about an early result are not called for.

3. Residence land line is mandatory -- Have never been able to get the logic of this.. :shocked:

~Nitin

A few things I noticed in the online application for IIM-S...

1. Percentiles have to be numbers. Hitting dot button is not allowed.
If one gets 97.99, dunno what is he supposed to write 97/98

2. The whole procedure can be done online (upload feature for CV).
So, speculations about an early result are not called for.

3. Residence land line is mandatory -- Have never been able to get the logic of this.. :shocked:

~Nitin

hmmm..no way yar..even if the whole process is online..including CV, they cannot give u a timeline of 2 days..(if results are out on 8 Jan).....99% of junta dont know abt this online app for IIM-S..the notification was only out in Hindu..not even in TOI or Hindustan times....Moreover...the point is....unless u get the Hard copy of the score card..u cant apply....when we get our CAT percentiles and calls...its written over there.."the said result does not have a legal validity"...now u cant apply based on ur online result only..as their will be a logic that u dont need to have an internet access to apply to IIM( govet thing..that people in rural areas ...may also apply...)..so the point is..either the date of IIM-S will be postpooned..or the results will be out soon......
social_loafer Says
hmmm..no way yar..even if the whole process is online..including CV, they cannot give u a timeline of 2 days..(if results are out on 8 Jan).....99% of junta dont know abt this online app for IIM-S..the notification was only out in Hindu..not even in TOI or Hindustan times....Moreover...the point is....unless u get the Hard copy of the score card..u cant apply....when we get our CAT percentiles and calls...its written over there.."the said result does not have a legal validity"...now u cant apply based on ur online result only..as their will be a logic that u dont need to have an internet access to apply to IIM( govet thing..that people in rural areas ...may also apply...)..so the point is..either the date of IIM-S will be postpooned..or the results will be out soon......

i second dat ..
but this rounding of percentiles is smthng new ..guess the registration form designer has no idea that a .01 in cat 07 means 23 students .. and the total intake of iims is <.03 ..="" a="" anyday="" are="" be="" before="" believe="" created="" hurry="" in="" is="" me="" out="" results="" site="" the="" to="" up="" whole="" will="">