Selecting schools

Hi, Need some help. Tomorrow is my GMAT. I am basically targetting ISB but if the score is very lucrative then would go in for appn abroad too. The basic parameters are as follows. Male, 10 years WEx. Mineral Industry (MNC). B.Te…

Hi,

Need some help.

Tomorrow is my GMAT. I am basically targetting ISB but if the score is very lucrative then would go in for appn abroad too.

The basic parameters are as follows.
Male, 10 years WEx. Mineral Industry (MNC). B.Tech in Mineral Processing (premier Inst India)

Preferences
1Yr > 2 Yr
Cheaper > Costlier
Asia > UK > Paris > Canada > US > Australia
with schol >> w/o schol.

I need the names of the Programs to select the 5 free recievers of score tomorrow.
> 700 : ISB, NUS, LBS, ???, ???

(dont mind the ??????>?>?>?> 700 thing, we think, we have figured out a way to select at least 2-3 schools after seeing the score)

Could you please help me complete the list.
I know I am sounding a bit foolish here but basically I was targetting ISB and am of the philosophy that if the score is that good then I dont mind paying for sending it to the schools I want to apply to.

Waiting anxiously

Parag Bhadra

Hi Parag, You need to select the 5 schools (to send scores) before you start the test.So, you will not be able to select schools based on the score you get.Regards,Kaushal.

Hi,

Need some help.

Tomorrow is my GMAT. I am basically targetting ISB but if the score is very lucrative then would go in for appn abroad too.

The basic parameters are as follows.
Male, 10 years WEx. Mineral Industry (MNC). B.Tech in Mineral Processing (premier Inst India)

Preferences
1Yr > 2 Yr
Cheaper > Costlier
Asia > UK > Paris > Canada > US > Australia
with schol >> w/o schol.

I need the names of the Programs to select the 5 free recievers of score tomorrow.
> 700 : ISB, NUS, LBS, ???, ???

(dont mind the
700 thing, we think, we have figured out a way to select at least 2-3 schools after seeing the score)

Could you please help me complete the list.
I know I am sounding a bit foolish here but basically I was targetting ISB and am of the philosophy that if the score is that good then I dont mind paying for sending it to the schools I want to apply to.

Waiting anxiously

Parag Bhadra

Hi Parag,

Been following your posts lately. First of all, ALL THE BEST for the GMAT tommorow. I know how hard it is to put in those hours of studies with the kind of workexp you have.

I have heard this from many, and have my own strong view, that apart from all the prep it is the mental makeup that matters on the G-day. Try to remain cool and composed. Whatever will happen will happen. Its okay NOT to get a 750 Just try to do your best.

If you see a couple of tough questions don't get unduely worried. There are junta who screw up Quant (esp toughies in perm-comb and prob) and yet manage to score 48. Max Verbal, try aiming for 40+. That should be enough to guarantee you a 700+. With your profile I dont think you need anything more than that (and yes good essays/recos).

I think the selection of colleges to send scores happens before you get to see the score. So I think go in for a fixed set of colleges. I think ISB and IIMA PGPX should be the ones you should definitely consider. Apart from that make it clear where you want to go. Its hard for anyone to comment looking at your profile. Maybe you want to segregate based on the geography. If its UK then LBS and Said maybe. If US then other 1year courses like maybe Hult. If South East Asia then AIM. Remember that you can always send your scores later. The only hitch is you have to pay up. Thats no big deal though. But be clear about the colleges you want to put there.

And STOP worrying about it. That should be the least of your concerns !! Focus on your GMAT.

Once again : Keep your cool and don't be flustered by the tough questions !!!

Arun

Hi Parag,

Just select 1 dream/2 within reach/ 2 sure shot schools.
Dont think about the score now as you will have to select schools before the exam.
Best of luck.

- Vivek

It is not compulsory to select schools before you see the score. You can skip the section regarding school choice. After you take the exam, you can fill up a form and specify the schools to which the score should be sent.

While selecting B-schools u must look at the followin 4 factors

1) Placements:-
the kind of profile u r lookin for ...r the placements of the institute good in tat particulr profile.For eg lets say u r interested in finance n the institute get good placements in mrktg n not finance...then there is no pt in applyin there

2)Infrastructure:-
b-schools r places of learnin n fun..so better the infrastructure more the professional feel n more the enjoyment.

3)faculty

4)Industry interface
While selecting B-schools u must look at the followin 4 factors
1) Placements:-
the kind of profile u r lookin for ...r the placements of the institute good in tat particulr profile.For eg lets say u r interested in finance n the institute get good placements in mrktg n not finance...then there is no pt in applyin there
2)Infrastructure:-
b-schools r places of learnin n fun..so better the infrastructure more the professional feel n more the enjoyment.
3)faculty
4)Industry interface

Correct but consider that the OP wants to fill up some colleges for sending off the GMAT scores for free. This is a time best invested in relaxing than worrying about such nitty gritty details

Arun
obelixous Says
It is not compulsory to select schools before you see the score. You can skip the section regarding school choice. After you take the exam, you can fill up a form and specify the schools to which the score should be sent.

Thats How I intend to send the scores after seeing the score.

Actually I am thinking aboout these thhings because I dont want to think about Pem Comn and SC anymore :-)

Thanks for the best wishes.

Parag
You can select 5 schools for sending your scores to before the test. This service is covered by your registration fee.
If you want to send your report to any school after the test that will be charged at $28 per school.
see this - http://www.mba.com/mba/TaketheGMAT/TheEssentials/GMATScoresandReports/2005/SelectingYourScoreReportRecipientsin2005.htm
Hi Parag,

Been following your posts lately. First of all, ALL THE BEST for the GMAT tommorow. I know how hard it is to put in those hours of studies with the kind of workexp you have.

I have heard this from many, and have my own strong view, that apart from all the prep it is the mental makeup that matters on the G-day. Try to remain cool and composed. Whatever will happen will happen. Its okay NOT to get a 750 Just try to do your best.

If you see a couple of tough questions don't get unduely worried. There are junta who screw up Quant (esp toughies in perm-comb and prob) and yet manage to score 48. Max Verbal, try aiming for 40+. That should be enough to guarantee you a 700+. With your profile I dont think you need anything more than that (and yes good essays/recos).

I think the selection of colleges to send scores happens before you get to see the score. So I think go in for a fixed set of colleges. I think ISB and IIMA PGPX should be the ones you should definitely consider. Apart from that make it clear where you want to go. Its hard for anyone to comment looking at your profile. Maybe you want to segregate based on the geography. If its UK then LBS and Said maybe. If US then other 1year courses like maybe Hult. If South East Asia then AIM. Remember that you can always send your scores later. The only hitch is you have to pay up. Thats no big deal though. But be clear about the colleges you want to put there.

And STOP worrying about it. That should be the least of your concerns !! Focus on your GMAT.

Once again : Keep your cool and don't be flustered by the tough questions !!!

Arun

710 / 94%

Q 49 / 90%
V 38 / 85%.

Rest - obviously later.

As expected - goofed up on the Score Reporting. Had selected 3 schools on Computer and wanted to select rest 2 later (on paper) - but forgot in the excitement after seeing the score - Lesson learnt.

Bye and will write more later.

Parag

firstly, congrats on your 700+ score...
do u mean to say that we can select 5 schools free of charge after seeing the scores ?

Congrats good score Parag!!!!!!!:)
Well my G-day is tomorrow so fingures crossed... anyway u asked the question which i was looking to ask... already so many ans...........

710 / 94%

Q 49 / 90%
V 38 / 85%.

Rest - obviously later.

As expected - goofed up on the Score Reporting. Had selected 3 schools on Computer and wanted to select rest 2 later (on paper) - but forgot in the excitement after seeing the score - Lesson learnt.

Bye and will write more later.

Parag

Great Score !!! I am truely happy for you as I can guage through your posts the amount of hardwork you put in. Do share your experiences with everyone by opening a thread

Arun