Seeking some advice!!

Hi everyone, I joined this community today and writing this post to clear some doubts regarding B-schools in US. I am a mechanical engg from IIT Kgp, having passed out in 2005. Currently I am working with an automobile company in India. I 'll…

Hi everyone,

I joined this community today and writing this post to clear some doubts regarding B-schools in US. I am a mechanical engg from IIT Kgp, having passed out in 2005. Currently I am working with an automobile company in India. I 'll be appearing for GMAT this year in July. My undergrad GPA is 3.0 and I had held several posts of leaderships at the institue level.Should I apply for fall 2007 or shud I wait for another year before applying?
What are the chances of admission in a top 20 B-school with 2 years of work experience?

Thanks

I joined this community today

U R welcome but that does not mean you go on creating new threads without checking for old ones. There are plenty of threads on queries and it doesnt make sense if every person with a query starts a new thread.

I am a mechanical engg from IIT Kgp, having passed out in 2005. Currently I am working with an automobile company in India. I 'll be appearing for GMAT this year in July. My undergrad GPA is 3.0 and I had held several posts of leaderships at the institue level.Should I apply for fall 2007 or shud I wait for another year before applying?
What are the chances of admission in a top 20 B-school with 2 years of work experience?

Thanks

Hmm.... You have an interesting profile, but it is very difficult to comment on your chances based just on numbers.

Your chances at any top school would be based on a number of fators like essays, recos, quality of work ex, etc apart from your scores.

Try and get a good GMAT score and put in some stellar essays. If you can convey your story well, there is no reason why the top schools will not admit you.

All the best

cya