Seeking Opinion/Advice - MBA v/s Msc

Hey PGs, Have been following conversations on PG for a while now and finally decided to post something that is an ongoing dillemma with me; hoping to solicit some opinions and advice from you all. Did a search on the same but couldnt find an…

Hey PGs,

Have been following conversations on PG for a while now and finally decided to post something that is an ongoing dillemma with me; hoping to solicit some opinions and advice from you all. Did a search on the same but couldnt find any threads on the topic.

I am an HR and Training Professional with 2 years of experience in the field. Next logical step for me is to go in for an MBA in HR/ strategy and consulting/ leadership (GMAT score 690) and I am keen on pursuing it from a reputed B-school abroad or an ISB in India.

But off-late I've been thinking about the option of doing an MSc in Management/ Employee Relations/ Orgnizational Behaviour from a prestigious instituition in the social sciences lilke LSE. More specialized and focused.

Long term aim is to stick to the field of HR and Traning consulting.

Now what are the advantages of doing an MBA over an MSc degree?
Course content differences and methodology differences?
Marketability of the courses in the current scenario?
Long term professiunal view?

Looking to seek some advice from current MBA aspirants, Academicians and profesisonals with and MBA.

Your two cents would really be appreciated as it would help me a some others who are facing the same dilemma by providing clarity on the topic.

Thanks =)