SDA Bocconi- 2010 Intake

HI All… Not sure if there is a thread for SDA Bocconi 2010 intake already…People who are applying, pl post your views on the application process etc etc…

HI All...
Not sure if there is a thread for SDA Bocconi 2010 intake already...People who are applying, pl post your views on the application process etc etc...

Hi BeatTheGmat,

Even I am applying for SDA 2010 mba. I just wanted to know your views about the B school.

Thanks.

Havn't got any insider news as yet......Looks to be consulting oriented school...Tons of consulting companies recruiting (including Infosys!!!!) with >40% picks...If you are in Bangalore you can probably join their information session on 01 st Dec...Planned in Mumbai and Delhi aswell...

So u applying...... I have decided to apply.

I am planning for schools with focus on Startegy and Consulting...SDA is one of them...But I am still not decieded yet...there should be more clarity after the information session...So what is your profile and any specific insights abt the admissions?....
My profile is 6+ yrs into Supply chain and relatively good acads...

As far as I know , SDA is known for strategy and finance......
My frnd just graduated fro SDA and he gt thru Jhonson n Jhonson in marketing
As for my profile , I am a regular IT girl with 4+ yrs of work ex... gud acads.....ok ECs....my gmat is 740....

hv u taken ur GMAT..wats ur score?

Good that you are already in contact with an alum...So what is his stand on the placements/funding (see that there are good schols for Indians :)))....what are your plans on the fee and how do you see your finances for the study..
I am taking my GMAT on 09th Dec, but have started with my applications...740 is a grt score...which are the other schools you are looking at??..

Thanks and ATB for ur GMAT. As far financing the MBA goes , i will do it from my savings and loan. I will be applying for scholarship as well(not too sure if I'l get it!)

As far as my friend goes , he says that curriculam wise , its a great school. However for Non-europeans its tuf to find a job there.

Hi All

I have also applied for the 2010 SDA intake. I was in Bangalore yesterday. Attended the info session and also had my interview. Interview went well. Waiting for a feedback from them now. Anybody else attended the interview or info session in some other city.?

Hi All

I have also applied for the 2010 SDA intake. I was in Bangalore yesterday. Attended the info session and also had my interview. Interview went well. Waiting for a feedback from them now. Anybody else attended the interview or info session in some other city.?

Hi batranikhil,
I have also attended their interview in Delhi on 29th Nov. Did they mention when are they about to come out with results?

@ makl

How did your interview go. Who took it... Was it Francisca.. ? Maybe they'll come up with something in 3-4 weeks. What other colleges are you applying to... ?

@ makl

How did your interview go. Who took it... Was it Francisca.. ? Maybe they'll come up with something in 3-4 weeks. What other colleges are you applying to... ?

It went well. Yup, it was she only. I am applying to HKU, Imperial and you?

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know your thought process on what made you apply to SDA Bocconi. I mean when you place SDA against US/Canada/Asain schools how good is it?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know your thought process on what made you apply to SDA Bocconi. I mean when you place SDA against US/Canada/Asain schools how good is it?

Thanks

Hi Ashna..
Its one of the best colleges in Europe. Bocconi university is the oldest in europe and has a lot of credibility to its name. Also Milan being the capital of italy dishes out wonderful networking opportunities. To me their curriculum also looked pretty good with some time for internship(thats geenraly missing in 1 year programs). All in all very decent program. The fees I think is a bit on the higher side though...but I believe that it would be worth it. Have you applied yet..? What other colleges are you applying.. ?
US/CAN all schools are 2 year MBA.. this makes them a costly affair as compared to europe/Uk colleges. These few colleges in eruope are comparable to the ones in US.. But if you are financially strong, I would suggest you look at the two year courses in the uS.. They are the ones that really enhance your knowledge... and make you fit for industry.

Whats your profile like.. ?
makl Says
It went well. Yup, it was she only. I am applying to HKU, Imperial and you?

Hey.. I am thinking of applying to CASS/MBS/HKUST apart from the one above.
Hi Ashna..
Its one of the best colleges in Europe. Also Milan being the capital of italy dishes out wonderful networking opportunities. To me their curriculum also looked pretty good with some time for internship(thats geenraly missing in 1 year programs). All in all very decent program. The fees I think is a bit on the higher side though...but I believe that it would be worth it. Have you applied yet..? What other colleges are you applying.. ?

What about the job prospects for non-EUs and what if I want to come back to India after MBA... Would it be easy for me to find a job in India?

I have applied to ISB. Got a reject after interview. And applied to Richard Ivey. Am waitlisted there.
What about the job prospects for non-EUs and what if I want to come back to India after MBA... Would it be easy for me to find a job in India?

I have applied to ISB. Got a reject after interview. And applied to Richard Ivey. Am waitlisted there.

I believe if you want to come back after the course you would be more than welcome to do so. The career services would also help to find a job here. I asked this during the Interview and she said that they absolutely encourage students who want to go back to their home country. As for finding a job, I have asked a few of my HR friends so as to how a MBA degree from a foreign univ is treated. I have doubts about how companies here would actually value the mba degree... But having said that, it shouldnt be a problem to land a job in India too. We in India are really short of managers int he market.. 😃
batranikhil Says
I believe if you want to come back after the course you would be more than welcome to do so. The career services would also help to find a job here. I asked this during the Interview and she said that they absolutely encourage students who want to go back to their home country. As for finding a job, I have asked a few of my HR friends so as to how a MBA degree from a foreign univ is treated. I have doubts about how companies here would actually value the mba degree... But having said that, it shouldnt be a problem to land a job in India too. We in India are really short of managers int he market.. :)

As for ISB, hard luck. I guess this time they have ditched people from IT industry at all. One of my former colleagues got admitted last year. He told me that this time if its IT, it has to be 7+ yrs of exp.. Ivey is a gr8 college... Just these two.. are you planning to apply to any more of them or thats it... ?
batranikhil Says
I believe if you want to come back after the course you would be more than welcome to do so. The career services would also help to find a job here. I asked this during the Interview and she said that they absolutely encourage students who want to go back to their home country. As for finding a job, I have asked a few of my HR friends so as to how a MBA degree from a foreign univ is treated. I have doubts about how companies here would actually value the mba degree... But having said that, it shouldnt be a problem to land a job in India too. We in India are really short of managers int he market.. :)

Thanks for the info. The reason why I am asking this is because for what I have heard , SDA dosent have much value outside Italy.For studies , it is a great school , but for placements it's not really famous outside Italy. And for non-EUs like me... there are not many jobs in Italy(its tuf for non EUs to find jobs in europe)... so where does that leave us?