SDA Bocconi 2008 Admits

Hi, Anyone gotta admit from SDA Bocconi, italy? Or you got any other inputs to share on this bschool. please share them here… thanks!

Hi,

Anyone gotta admit from SDA Bocconi, italy?

Or you got any other inputs to share on this bschool.

please share them here..

thanks!

i have been admitted to the 34th MBA program ...

cud u share ur profile...

Hey Ashish, i hve also been admitted to the 34th edition..

Are u planning to enrol or are you lookin at some other colleges as well..
I hve sent my mail id in a PM. Plz do contact me..

I am a Engineering Graduate. Worked for 3 yrs in Infosys as a Software Engineer. Presently working as an Analyst in Bank of America.

Congratulationssssssss Sandeep.

I'm planning to get enrolled. How about u?? u seem slightly confused. I have sent u my contact number thru email.

I believe it is a very good school & the overall structure of the program is also quite good. The only issue is with the regional language (Italian) that has to be learnt before the start of the program.

Congratulationsssssssssssss Sandeep...

I have sent my contact number thru email to u.

Overall, I find the school & the program quite good, & I'm planning to get enrolled. How about u ?? U seems slightly confused ?

Hi guys,
I found this forum while looking for info through Google. I'm an italian software engineer with 3 years experience in a top consulting IT brand.

I'm waiting the final response from the admission office.

What do you know about this school and this master? Is it a valuable experience?

Do you know anyone that has attended this MBA in Bocconi?

Hi guys,
I found this forum while looking for info through Google. I'm an italian software engineer with 3 years experience in a top consulting IT brand.

I'm waiting the final response from the admission office.

What do you know about this school and this master? Is it a valuable experience?

Do you know anyone that has attended this MBA in Bocconi?

Hey NM,
Congratulations onyour interview & wish u good luck for the final decision.

It is slightly strange for an indian to update an italian on one of the best Italian B Schools - I think it should have been other way round

Let me share what I know about the school.
1. SDA is the best B schools in Italy (& can be compared to LBS of UK, IESE of spain. IIMs of India), which also mean that if industry leaders such as Fiat or Mckinsey or Lehman Brothers want to hire people to run their italian business, their first choice would be SDA. So if you are in SDA, you can be sure that you will have access to the best opportunities in Italy. How much you make use if it is upto you...

2. Alumni have a very strong presence in Italian Business community (I'm not so sure of the global community). CEOs of some of the best italian companies such as UniCredit bank (recently in news on speculation of buying Merill Lynch) , Illy Cafe (No 1 Coffee brand), Luxotica group (Rayban sunglasses), BCG-italy, BMW-Italy, etc are products of SDA. It indicates 2 thins 1. Quality of the SDA education 2. strength of SDA Alumni network

3. The college has excahnge programs with some of the best universities across the globe. This is a very good indicator that the college is well networked & well respected across the globe.

4. The school's MBA program focus is not just on academics but also on extra curricular activities, which is evident from the number of events held at SDA eveyr year. I personally feel that an MBA is much more than just text book studies & I feel SDA's program structure takes good care of it.

5. Fees - This is one of the best value for money 1 Yr MBA courses (36000 EUR). Compare this to other european colleges with fees ranging from 45000 EUR to 65000 EUR

Having said all this, I would suggest that you explore the SDA MBA program yourself & evaluate your reasons for doing an MBA & then see if SDA fulfills those requirements. If yes, join the college else check other MBA programs.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Yes, it is very strange for an indian to update an italian but I'm not looking for general info but for specific experiences.

Thank you for the info although I already know them. I really appreciate your help but I'm looking for personal and specific info: do you know anyone that attended the MBA in Bocconi? Any direct experience?

I mean... before spending a lot of money I would hear some direct experience. Is really there a carrier and salary boost? What can I expect after the MBA?

PS: Did you read my PM?

Hey Ashish,

No man..i'm not at all confused..:grin:

Infact, i've already paid up the first installment of the fess..i'm definitely goin to Bocconi..

I was hopin to find someone frm India who's enrolling there...

I will give you a call as soon as I get to check my mail(Can't check from office:()

Cheers,
Sandeep..

Hey Ashish,

No man..i'm not at all confused..:grin:

Infact, i've already paid up the first installment of the fess..i'm definitely goin to Bocconi..

I was hopin to find someone frm India who's enrolling there...

I will give you a call as soon as I get to check my mail(Can't check from office:()

Cheers,
Sandeep..

When will you be in Italy?
Do you know anyone that attended the MBA in Bocconi?

I hope we will see in Bocconi!

I am planning to take up the pre courses in Italy itself as it would give me ample time to acclimatize before the class begins...Are u takin the pre-courses too??

I just know the guy who interviewed me here and he has not responded to my mail yet..

What about Italian man?? are you planning to learn before you head down there??

I am planning to take up the pre courses in Italy itself as it would give me ample time to acclimatize before the class begins...Are u takin the pre-courses too??

I just know the guy who interviewed me here and he has not responded to my mail yet..

What about Italian man?? are you planning to learn before you head down there??

I'm still waiting to know if I'm admitted. If I'll enroll then I'll attend the pre courses. I need to improve my English and my economic skills... I have a computer science background.
Additionally I also need to acclimatize. Now I'm in Rome.
Yes, it is very strange for an indian to update an italian but I'm not looking for general info but for specific experiences.

Thank you for the info although I already know them. I really appreciate your help but I'm looking for personal and specific info: do you know anyone that attended the MBA in Bocconi? Any direct experience?

I mean... before spending a lot of money I would hear some direct experience. Is really there a carrier and salary boost? What can I expect after the MBA?

PS: Did you read my PM?

Hey,
I too had similar doubts esp bcoz i'm a non-eu national so wanted to be sure about post MBA career b4 even applying at SDA. So I contacted admissions & they provided 3-4 contacts including current indian students & alumni.

I would suggest that you send an email to admissions & ask if they could provide some contacts. I'm sure their wud b some SDA alumni in Rome & you can talk to them in person.

hey ,

im a bangalore girl witha 660 on the gmat and 3 years of workex. have an interview with the adcom on 5th . hope i get through!!

but im only concerned about it being a 1 year course and whether it is a great bet for career switchers .esp since most of us come in with typical IT services backgrounds !
and since there is no internship too .

hey ,

im a bangalore girl witha 660 on the gmat and 3 years of workex. have an interview with the adcom on 5th . hope i get through!!

but im only concerned about it being a 1 year course and whether it is a great bet for career switchers .esp since most of us come in with typical IT services backgrounds !
and since there is no internship too .

I exactly have your background (660, 3/4 years, IT services) apart from a non perfect English and that I'm Italian. I've been admitted.

There is an internship or I don't remember well?

I think one of the most interesting info about the SDA MBA can be found in the Job Statistics web page LINK. It is possible to see that 46% of students get a job within a month from graduation. The number becomes 71.5% three months after graduation, still not quite high compared to other international MBA programs. The figure is 81% in the FT rankings, based on a sample of 86% of the class, still one of the lowest among top rated MBA programs, and the size of the sample is a bit low to draw clear conclusions on the actual total percentage. However, the low number can be also related to a structurally slow and weak job market in Italy...
From the Bocconi web site, we can also see that 56% of the class get a job in Italy after finishing the MBA, which is not a surprise considering that 50% of the students are italians, 34% work in Europe and 10% in the rest of the world.

I had considered the Bocconi MBA, but decided for other universities where I felt I would have obtained better career chances. However, one of my best friends (italian) did the MBA there last year and talked to me very positively about his experience. Besides, thanks to the MBA he operated a successful career change and he got a job in Lehman Brothers in Structured Finance (sales) in London, so he is obviously very happy.

Good luck to all the applicants!

Today I had a chat with the friend of mine who did the MBA at SDA last year, in order to gather some additional info useful for people interested in Bocconi.
He said that most of the italian people are able to find a job rather quickly in Italy. Similarly, the students who target London were able to get jobs easily enough. Non-Italian students interested in remaining in Italy had to struggle the most.
Last year, 2 students were Indians. 1 went back to India after the MBA, and the other went to London, and is currently working at Exxon.
Around 10% of the class found a job in London.
In general, recruiting firms were: Lehman Brothers, Merril Lynch, DB, Fiat, Tata, Fincantieri, Ferretti Yacths, Johnson & Johnson, Nokia, Mediobanca, Banca IMI, Unicredit and others.

I hope this helps.

Good luck everybody!!

Today I had a chat with the friend of mine who did the MBA at SDA last year, in order to gather some additional info useful for people interested in Bocconi.
He said that most of the italian people are able to find a job rather quickly in Italy. Similarly, the students who target London were able to get jobs easily enough. Non-Italian students interested in remaining in Italy had to struggle the most.
Last year, 2 students were Indians. 1 went back to India after the MBA, and the other went to London, and is currently working at Exxon.
Around 10% of the class found a job in London.
In general, recruiting firms were: Lehman Brothers, Merril Lynch, DB, Fiat, Tata, Fincantieri, Ferretti Yacths, Johnson & Johnson, Nokia, Mediobanca, Banca IMI, Unicredit and others.

I hope this helps.

Good luck everybody!!

Good news :grin:

How about unemployed and retired from the MBA?

As I said, according to him the only students who had trouble were the foreigners who wanted to settle in Italy. He couldn't add much more cause I think he is not in contact with them currently.