SCMHRD's clarification on calls- from website

Hey guys, Check this out. Found on the official web site of SCMHRD. Dear Students, As an institute we are very transparent towards the student community. Let me tell the students how SCMHRD has shortlisted for GD/PI. The steps are:…

Hey guys,

Check this out. Found on the official web site of SCMHRD.

Dear Students,

As an institute we are very transparent towards the student community. Let me tell the students how SCMHRD has shortlisted for GD/PI. The steps are:

1. We have taken a block of top four thousand students based on SNAP scores.

2. A consideration was given to sectional scores based on our internal cutoffs.

3. We have then found out whether the applicant has a consistent academic performance.

4. We have also considered Extra-curricular activities in which the applicant was involved.

5. We have then looked at the professional qualifications of the students and matched them with the industry requirements.

6. Relevant post graduation qualification (if any) has also been considered.

7. We have also looked at the age of the applicant w.r.t. being a fresher and a work experience holder.

8. We have then fitted the entire block to our desired Boys : Girls Ratio.

Based on all the above we have come to a final shortlist which will be put-up on the website shortly.

My team hopes to meet you for Group Discussion & Personal Interview between 1st to 14th Feb 2005 at the following centers :

Pune

Bangalore

Chennai

Hyderabad

Kolkatta

Delhi

I thank you for your participation.

K.S. Subramanian

Director

SCMHRD

Therefore more chances of getting call. relax. put your best for nmims.

Where is dis on their website??

Hey guys,

Dear Students,

As an institute we are very transparent towards the student community. Let me tell the students how SCMHRD has shortlisted for GD/PI. The steps are:

1. We have taken a block of top four thousand students based on SNAP scores.

3. We have then found out whether the applicant has a consistent academic performance.

4. We have also considered Extra-curricular activities in which the applicant was involved.

Therefore more chances of getting call. relax. put your best for nmims.
Manoj Porwal.

hey from where u got this info..plz give the link...and any link for the results?

Yeah man where is it on the web-site dude

din find it anywhere pls reply ASAP :oops:

Yeah man where is it on the web-site dude

din find it anywhere pls reply ASAP :oops:

its in the POP-UP window which will pop up when u type -
http://scmhrd.edu/home.htm

make sure u have not BLOCKED the pop-up option

enjoy
mik

hey dudes.....this appears in a pop up page alongwith.... scmhrd.edu ...
checkout
atb
tg

Yes it is visible

Disable ur popup blockers

are yaron koi batao ki pop up enable kaise karoonn

dont use firefox, it blocks all popups automatically.

Uninstall the pop up blocker manually if u have any other browser

hi fnds,
guess after the critical review that SIIB got for its issue of GD calls SCMHRD has decided to clearly give out their criteria ...... its a good beginning... Finaly i think the students voice has been heard.......

any idea when the results would be out?????

bhavik m pandya

dont use firefox, it blocks all popups automatically.

Uninstall the pop up blocker manually if u have any other browser

In firefox also u can view the po-up link by clicking on the pop-up block info that comes on the top. 😃

I guess this is a gr8 step teken by SCMHRD in the process of short-listing the candidates. If it sticks to what has been stated out there , I must say this will be a nice effort
Now you will agree with me that an exam especially a management exam is a matter of 2-3 hours , good or bad ..thats it. It all depends on that day..it may be yours..it may be not. And till now in most cases, the short-listing is done on the basis of the points scored in that exam only. I personally think that admitting a candidate on his scores only, will in no way ensure that he/she will become a successful manager in the future. It takes lot more to be a successful than just scoring high in an exam. A particular person having a very relevent workex , or some exemplary social work or some amazing extra curriculars , may lose a chance by not scoring well enough in the exam. Yes, I do agree that you have to have certain bare minimum score to stand a chance , but that score should not be the only criteria when it comes to allotting a seat.
Till now only SP Jain has explicitly mentioned that they look in to lot many other factors besides CAT Score which is true : A guy from Pune getting a call at 69%le . But still S PJain has given him a chance by looking in to other factros besides cat %le. I think SCMHRD will also come up with a short-list where it will not be surprise if a guy with a less SNAP score but some other credentials like Work-ex. and all , will be considered for a seat. So chillax and may all the deserving get a call

Gr8 to see Indian B-Schools going US B-schools way, when it comes to admission !!!

Cheers !!!

Syberite

its ok but please tell me when scmhrd going to release its result...it is my last hope.

hey anuraag,
if u read the posts carefully it says today,
so chillax and be patient.. i think it shud be out by evening!
and jus keep chkin here...
and hey
ATB
cheerS
jay

HI GUYS HAD CALLED UP SCMHRD THEY TOLD ME THAT THE RESULTS WILL B PUT UP ON THE WEBSITE AT 6.30 2DAY HOPE THEY STICK TO THIS DEADLINE

Hey guys,

Dear Students,

Ha ha....looks like the SCMHRD people are taking a dig at instis like SPJ and IIMB..... 😁

Syberite Says
Till now only SP Jain has explicitly mentioned that they look in to lot many other factors besides CAT Score which is true

Even tho they have mentioned their criteria even before the admit process started lotsa people had their own doubts as each thought they desrved a seat(check out the SPJ thread in the CAT section for a sample of this debate 😃 )......By putting up such a declaration after the examinations and just before they r gonna declare the shortlists, SCMHRD has gone a step further to ensure that the insti name does not take a bashing like the other two did.......which obviously remains to be seen ....inter b-school competition is sure hotting up....

I think everyone should remember that each insti have the right to admit the kind of people they want......and if they r not choosing the right people, they wont last too long.......So dont grumble if u dont get a call.....just try harder next time.....if u deserve a call, u'll surely get it

All the best to all who have applied to SCMHRD 😁

-Barricuda

check out the placement record of scm this year man its amazing if its true than those who missed out on spj , mdi, etc need not worry . scmhrd has arrived 😁 😁 😁

so guys... depends on what u've done and not on the net score
I guess this is a gr8 step teken by SCMHRD in the process of short-listing the candidates. If it sticks to what has been stated out there , I must say this will be a nice effort
Now you will agree with me that an exam especially a management exam is a matter of 2-3 hours , good or bad ..thats it. It all depends on that day..it may be yours..it may be not. And till now in most cases, the short-listing is done on the basis of the points scored in that exam only. I personally think that admitting a candidate on his scores only, will in no way ensure that he/she will become a successful manager in the future. It takes lot more to be a successful than just scoring high in an exam. A particular person having a very relevent workex , or some exemplary social work or some amazing extra curriculars , may lose a chance by not scoring well enough in the exam. Yes, I do agree that you have to have certain bare minimum score to stand a chance , but that score should not be the only criteria when it comes to allotting a seat.
Till now only SP Jain has explicitly mentioned that they look in to lot many other factors besides CAT Score which is true : A guy from Pune getting a call at 69%le . But still S PJain has given him a chance by looking in to other factros besides cat %le. I think SCMHRD will also come up with a short-list where it will not be surprise if a guy with a less SNAP score but some other credentials like Work-ex. and all , will be considered for a seat. So chillax and may all the deserving get a call

Gr8 to see Indian B-Schools going US B-schools way, when it comes to admission !!!

Cheers !!!

Syberite

Hey Syberite rocks man!!