SCMHRD Admissions- 2008 Shoot your Queries

Dear PGites, Do shoot all your queries regarding SCMHRD and all admissions related queries here on this thread. Regards

Dear PGites,

Do shoot all your queries regarding SCMHRD and all admissions related queries here on this thread.

Regards

hi shankx sir thank u for startin this thread could u plz clarify this doubt i've hrd tht scmhrd has more profile based calls unfortunately i have no work ex n plus i've taken a drop tho i'm pursuing some addititonal courses but will this go against me???

well i m really happy to have a thread that is exclusively for schmrd only i m reaaly worried about the g.k part as i m not too good at it kindly teel me some thing about the cut off that goes 4 g.k or the safe no. of attempts the reading material for g.k that is relavent and also guide me about the pattern and important topics in quant and di as i hv heard its quite different fron the priority list of cat topics although the total topiocs afrre same as a whole

@Shreya..

Well.. There are cases where people dont have workex and hv drop yrs. But then there are other criteria as well.. Like ur grad score.. school score.. snap score.. extra curricular..

U just need to figure out your reasons for everything.. including drop yr nd not chosing to work.. and opting for MBA.. If ur answers are convicing enough.. then u will b in..

@ Riti

Please refer to the snap thread regarding specific doubts abt the test pattern. This thread is for institute specific queries..

Regards
Divyendu

@Shreya..

Well.. There are cases where people dont have workex and hv drop yrs. But then there are other criteria as well.. Like ur grad score.. school score.. snap score.. extra curricular..

U just need to figure out your reasons for everything.. including drop yr nd not chosing to work.. and opting for MBA.. If ur answers are convicing enough.. then u will b in..

@ Riti

Please refer to the snap thread regarding specific doubts abt the test pattern. This thread is for institute specific queries..

Regards
Divyendu

hi divyendu sir thx a lot of ur reply grad score umm....i've dun grads in eco whr my last yr score ws 71% n overall agrre ws 66% it isn't tht great i knw school scores have been in the 70's as well sowht do u think??? it will be really aprreciated if u cud throw sum more light on this...

i'm working for a software company from past 1 year, will that be an added advantage ??? :neutral:

Hi
can u pls throw some light on the GD and interview rounds for SCMHRD. Also I have heard that snap scores are not the only criteria for a calll, even the work profile matters... Pls shed some light on this as well.
Thnx

I got a call from SCMHRD with exactly your profile last yr. (without the drop) but so much depends on the interview in this regard , one must convince the interviewer that what you did was the correct course of action among the alternatives available.

hi PGites,

great to see the enthusiasm.

@ tallsummi

tallsummi Says
i'm working for a software company from past 1 year, will that be an added advantage ??? :neutral:

offcourse it has an advantage but you have to justify it. you need to give strong reason as to why you are leaving the job.

Hi SHANKX23 ,

I have registered for the SNAP test and also have the SNAP id.
I wanna apply for SCMHRD. I think we need to apply separately to the
institutres . It will be really helpful if you kindly let us know about the application process at SCMHRD. I visited SCMHRD website but found no link.

Regards,
JOY

yeah.please do tell us abt the scmhrd application process...

is there any PG member from SIMC......do they acheive 100% place
ments....

Hi SHANKX23 ,

I have registered for the SNAP test and also have the SNAP id.
I wanna apply for SCMHRD. I think we need to apply separately to the
institutres . It will be really helpful if you kindly let us know about the application process at SCMHRD. I visited SCMHRD website but found no link.

Regards,
JOY

first of all the notification of admission ill come in the newspapers. then you have to register yourself at scmhrd website and fill an online form. the numberat the end the brochure works at the identification key.
hey is anyone specializing in HR from SCMHRD?

Hi,
I am Anshul and done my MCA .Iam write now working as Business Analyst in the Actuarial Team of a BPO and developing and maintaining the Pricing Models along with tool development for the Insurance Company.Right now i am having more than 1 year experience.I have got more than 65 % from 10th onwards except 12th.Also i had dropped 1 year after 12th.Is this kind of Profile is acceptable?If i got a SNAP score of more than 75 wat other factors will add to my score and how much to get a GD/PI Call. Also tell me wat type of questions they ask in the interview.

Hi,
I had done my MCA and want to do MBA-IT from SCMHRD .I am write now working as Business Analyst in the Actuarial Team of a BPO and developing and maintaining the Pricing Models along with tool development for the Insurance Company.Right now i am having more than 1 year experience.I have got more than 65 % from 10th onwards except 12th.Also i had dropped 1 year after 12th.Is this kind of Profile is acceptable?If i got a SNAP score of more than 75 wat other factors will add to my score and how much to get a GD/PI Call. Also tell me wat type of questions they ask in the interview.

Hi,
I had done my MCA and want to do MBA-IT from SCMHRD .I am write now working as Business Analyst in the Actuarial Team of a BPO and developing and maintaining the Pricing Models along with tool development for the Insurance Company.Right now i am having more than 1 year experience.I have got more than 65 % from 10th onwards except 12th.Also i had dropped 1 year after 12th.Is this kind of Profile is acceptable?If i got a SNAP score of more than 75 wat other factors will add to my score and how much to get a GD/PI Call. Also tell me wat type of questions they ask in the interview.

Hi Anshul

SCMHRD is known to give profile based calls. This will depend on ur snap score, work ex, extra currics, acads (not in any order) etc. In ur case even if u may lose out slightly on acads your work ex may help u out. As of now I cant tell u whthr 70 mrks is enuff or not? Coz the scores will depend on the difficulty level of the paper. Interview question can range from ur acads to ur work ex. It depends on the interviewer.

My suggestion: prepare for SNAP well, give it ur best efforts and forget abt the rest. All da best

Cheers!!

In SCMHRD out of 240 seats can anyone pls tell me how many seats will be left open after all reservations.

I've got decent acads so far with 75% in 10th, 79% in 12th frm CBSE and have 69% in Mech Engg frm Kerala University. I had written SNAP last time, but didn't know that we had to apply before the results were out, so i just got chance to apply to SIBM and with my score i had a call to SIBM last time( I had 93.75 in snap 06). But unfortunately i didn't clear the GD/PI process and inspite of repeated queries i didn't receive my scorecard for the same. It was my lone call last time and i had prepared fairly well.

I completed my graduation this year and will join Wipro soon. I've got a good track record in extra-currics. Would it be possible for someone my type to get into SCMHRD?

Also what's the ratio of work ex-freshers @ SCMHRD?