SCMHRD Admission Process - Director writes to PaGaLGuY members!

SCMHRD Admission Process - Director writes to PaGaLGuY members! Confused about the Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resources Development (SCMHRD), Pune admission process? Director KS Subramanian writes to you and clarifies all. …

SCMHRD Admission Process - Director writes to PaGaLGuY members!

Confused about the Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resources Development (SCMHRD), Pune admission process? Director KS Subramanian writes to you and clarifies all.

Dear Students,

After this mail, the student community should be very clear on how we manage the admissions process at SCMHRD. The admissions process is backed by extensive internal research on the entrepreneurship and corporate requirements.

I am hereby detailing the admissions process, step by step:

1. We have the following types of Students:

* Open Category on Merit

* Family Business Oriented/Industry Sponsored

* NRI Students

* Management Quota (As per AICTE specification)

2. We then wait for the SNAP results of the applicants

3. We take 4,000 Top Scorers from the SNAP exam who have applied to SCMHRD

4. We then assign positive weightages for the criteria as under based on the Bio-Data ( Filled in during the application process) of these students:

* If the applicant is professionally qualified like MBBS, CA, ICWA, MSc (Biotech) or MPharma
* If the candidate is an engineer from Premier Institutes like IITs, NITs (erstwhile RECs), etc.
* If the applicant is a postgraduate from a reputed institute.
* If he/she has relevant work experience
* If specific potential is reflected in his ability to become an entrepreneur.
* If the applicant has achievements at National or State level Sports, music and dramatics.

5. We also assign negative weightages for the criteria mentioned below:

* If the candidate has taken more time than expected to complete his/her studies
* If he/she reflects lack of focus in his/her academics and work experience

6. Hence after assigning these weightages to the 4,000 Top scorers in SNAP, around 2,000 calls are given out for the Group Process and Personal Interview (GP/PI) stage.

7. The Group Process (GP) is an elimination round, but at this stage the applicant is judged for around 50 minutes in two separate rounds. This gives the Group Process panel of judges enough conviction to select students for the Personal Interviews.

8. The endeavour of the institute is to innovate in the Group Process rounds with new set of activities/processes, because every year we identify the competencies expected out of students when they pass out two years later. Thus competencies required at the end of two years are forecasted and included in the selection process.

9. Also during the Group Process stage, the credentials of the applicant which he/she has mentioned in the Bio-Data are duly verified by seeking for original copies of certificates from the candidates.

10. The Institute is high on ethics and any false declaration in the application form will seriously undermine his/her candidature. Hence please fill in your application form with utmost diligence.

11. The Personal Interview stage forms the crucial part of the admission Process, with maximum weightage given to this round in the overall grand score of the candidate.

12. An Essay writing/Psychometric Test is also carried out for candidates selected for the Personal Interview round, which helps in differentiating the candidates with an understanding of his/her thought process.

13. Hence, at the end of the Personal Interviews, a cumulative score of the Pre-GP stage and PI stage of each candidate is available. The GP stage scoring is only used to select students for the next round and is not included in the final tally of the merit list scores.

14. Thus a Merit list is formed based on these scores and Final calls are given out for the following in each category:

* Open Category on Merit

* Family Business Oriented/Industry Sponsored.

* NRI Students

These steps outline the procedure we follow at SCMHRD during the admissions process.

Regards

Prof K S Subramanian
Director, SCMHRD

Oh this was enlightening .. only one small question , why is the ratio so obviosuly skewed towards women at SCMHRD .

I had scored 93 in snap last year , I am an engineer with a 5 years of work ex .. with around 3 in Managerial capacity .. but never got a call ...

I am as confused as I was with SP Jains admission process

regards

shailesh

hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh this was enlightening .. only one small question , why is the ratio so obviosuly skewed towards women at SCMHRD .

I had scored 93 in snap last year , I am an engineer with a 5 years of work ex .. with around 3 in Managerial capacity .. but never got a call ...

I am as confused as I was with SP Jains admission process

regards

shailesh

The girls boys ratio..well there is no skew in it..this year the no of girls is like 60 odd girls to 100 guys....

So hope that helps u...

The director missed out a very Imp point...
This college favours GIRLS!!!!
and i am speaking this out of experience since i was present at the gd/PIrounds last year.
One more fact---after the elimination round(GD), there were 200 gals and 800 boys.

and now the batch has 60 gals and 160 boys..
so ppl are free to judge as they wish...

:neutral:

P.S. ---I gain nothng by maligning a college, jus an experience i would like all of ull to know.

The director missed out a very Imp point...
This college favours GIRLS!!!!
and i am speaking this out of experience since i was present at the gd/PIrounds last year.
One more fact---after the elimination round(GD), there were 200 gals and 800 boys.

and now the batch has 60 gals and 160 boys..
so ppl are free to judge as they wish...

this is nothing new! Pick any college having HR courses as it's main degree, girls are bound to be more favoured. I have mentioned this earlier too in other threads, and i reiterate! Pick TISS, MDI, XLRI, etc you'll bound to find more girls. @shankar, bad luck boss , maybe you guys were more better of in your batch, and hence probably the lesser no of girls, but the prev batches will be opposite i guess!
The reason is simple, the industry prefers it so.
No need to fret over it, if you make it, enjoy! 😃

Got this PM from aspire, well to make things very transparent ...thought would post it here....

Hi shankar ,

Sorry If my post seemed rude .. but there was anger inside me regarding scmhrd for a long time.. yes it is notorious for having a soft corner for women .. I have heard it from women itself .. I had friends who told me that during their gd process there were girls who didnt even open their mouth for a second .. and they got thru .. ... I dont want to get into a debate or anything .. have the highest of regards for u ... but what I say is true .. scmhrd defi has a reputation like that .. maybe had to do with the earlier director ...

p.s do u have a video of pg's speach at scmhrd ..?

regards
and all the best

shailesh

Well...I dont blame anybody for hearing this...but there have been lot of claims made by people..I only have one thing......my batch has more girls....but the junior batch has less...the batch that just passed out has lesser than what my batch is..so there is no trend to prove this claim..wonder how the claim has come.....

also PG's just made a visit to campus.....he could not address the batch...as he was pressed for time...leave the video...we even forgot to take the pic in the excitement...

Cheers
Shankar
PGDM-II
SCMHRD
this is nothing new! Pick any college having HR courses as it's main degree, girls are bound to be more favoured. I have mentioned this earlier too in other threads, and i reiterate! Pick TISS, MDI, XLRI, etc you'll bound to find more girls. @shankar, bad luck boss , maybe you guys were more better of in your batch, and hence probably the lesser no of girls, but the prev batches will be opposite i guess!
The reason is simple, the industry prefers it so.

Oh man...:confused:
sorry but am unaware of this so called norm in the other colleges...
AFAIK HR is a field preferred by girls and so the high ratio,and that too wen the girl applicant ratio is high as compared
to boys.
and when u name XLRI, MDI u are talking of the PGPHR course and not the entire batch strength, which conspicously is in the
favour of girls in the case of SCMHRD.

and dude we were the less informed and not as WISE wen we applied to SCM...and yeah there were plenty complaining..visit
the last years admission thread for the same.

No need to fret over it, if you make it, enjoy! :)

A special thanks for this advice..

P.S i rest my case here and no more mentioning of the silly admission procedures in some B-schools in the country.
Got this PM from aspire, well to make things very transparent ...thought would post it here....

Well...I dont blame anybody for hearing this...but there have been lot of claims made by people..I only have one thing......my batch has more girls....but the junior batch has less...the batch that just passed out has lesser than what my batch is..so there is no trend to prove this claim..wonder how the claim has come.....

also PG's just made a visit to campus.....he could not address the batch...as he was pressed for time...leave the video...we even forgot to take the pic in the excitement...

Cheers
Shankar
PGDM-II
SCMHRD

Lol... I thought private messages were meant to be private :biggrin: dint expect this from an "old member"

will leave this at that ...
take care

regards

shailesh
Lol... I thought private messages were meant to be private :biggrin: dint expect this from an "old member"

will leave this at that ...
take care

regards

shailesh

There was not anything harmless on ur PM right ..dude..so its okay..otherwise and "OLD" member like me would not have done this....
Cheers
Shankar
I checked out scmhrd website , but theres no mention of management quota as per AICTE norms ,can anyone please throw more light as t how many seats are available through this quota?
Mithilack Says
I checked out scmhrd website , but theres no mention of management quota as per AICTE norms ,can anyone please throw more light as t how many seats are available through this quota?

The maxium no. of seats as per my knowledge is I think 10....

Hey,
One more query regarding the Managament quota seats .You say there are 10 seats.Do you have any idea about the Cost ?Also who do we need to appraoch in case we are interested.

Also Iam taking up Snap this year, did pretty ok in mock snap but lost out majorly in Gk.Can you tell me how to prepare in order to relly do well in that section, Cause overall score gets realy boosted if we do well in Gk.

Thanks,
Mithila

Hey,
One more query regarding the Managament quota seats .You say there are 10 seats.Do you have any idea about the Cost ?Also who do we need to appraoch in case we are interested.

Also Iam taking up Snap this year, did pretty ok in mock snap but lost out majorly in Gk.Can you tell me how to prepare in order to relly do well in that section, Cause overall score gets realy boosted if we do well in Gk.

Thanks,
Mithila

Mgmt Seats are either twice or three times the normal process..will chk up on that. Talk to the scmhrd helpline to find out for sure. GK is a mix of current affairs and business. Read your coaching classes magazinea & papers.

apart 4m our coachin clas magz wat do u think wil help... business 2day?? my gk s 2 bad.. n i gues dat'l b da 1ly weak point....:(

Samata Says
apart 4m our coachin clas magz wat do u think wil help... business 2day?? my gk s 2 bad.. n i gues dat'l b da 1ly weak point....:(

Ya correct catch hold of all the business stories from Business Today and business world....will help.....also keep a constant watch on ET. Shd suffice apart from something on Business History...

Cheers
Shankar

Hi,
I'm from College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, Chennai doing my final year Civil Engineering. My Semester Exams will get over only by 2nd week of May. But, in SCMHRD website, it has been posted that the course commences on April. I was confused with this that whether I'd to apply for SCMHRD or not. I'm having a decent academics throughout (97 % in SSC ; 94 % in HSC; 89 % in Grad) ... Kindly throw light on this... thanks

Hi,
I'm from College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, Chennai doing my final year Civil Engineering. My Semester Exams will get over only by 2nd week of May. But, in SCMHRD website, it has been posted that the course commences on April. I was confused with this that whether I'd to apply for SCMHRD or not. I'm having a decent academics throughout (97 % in SSC ; 94 % in HSC; 89 % in Grad) ... Kindly throw light on this... thanks

Go ahead and apply if get selected you will get time to finish of your exam and then join............actual course commencement is not from April it will be from last week of may you will get to now during admission why it is mentioned april

For more clarification PM me

Oh my god, that news about SCMHRD favouring girls has really dampened my hopes.