SCMHRD 2011 GE-PI Experiences

Dear SCMHRD aspirants, Kindly post your GE-PI experiences here in this thread. Please follow this format for the good of the general public:* NAME: Educational Qualification Work Exp if any(Sector and no of months): SNAP Score Any o…

Dear SCMHRD aspirants,

Kindly post your GE-PI experiences here in this thread. Please follow this format for the good of the general public:
NAME:
Educational Qualification
Work Exp if any(Sector and no of months):
SNAP Score
Any other details that you would like to mention:

Your experience(No of participants in group process, Topic, Duration, Your exp, other details etc preferably process wise ) ....

Please keep this thread only for sharing your GE-PI experiences. Use thank button to thank the post if you find it useful as per PG rules!

ADB

Dear SCMHRD aspirants,

Please elaborate "Your Experience" in the below format.

Case Study -
Number of People present:
Time:
Brief Snapshot of Discussion\Topic:
Other Details:

Group Interview -
Number of People present:
Time:
Brief Snapshot of Discussion\Questions:
Other Details:

Personal interview -
Time:
Brief Snapshot of Discussion\Questions:
Other Details:

Written Assessment -
Time:
Topic:-
Other Details:

MISC
Any other relevant detail.

This will give us a clear picture of the GE PI Experience.
Best of luck to all the aspirants....

Come on guys seriously waiting, mine is tommorrow

Come on Puys , seriously awaiting some experiences

Pleeeaaaseeee!!!
Somebody write !!

Come on guys seriously waiting, mine is tommorrow

Come on Puys , seriously awaiting some experiences

Pleeeaaaseeee!!!
Somebody write !!

Please be patient.The process of first batch would have got over only by noon. So they will take time to reach home and update here:lookround:.. So please wait till late evening for the posts ..

5th feb,8 am,grp-D1,5 people,3 with work ex,4 boys, 1 girl(me):
case study:gm crops' use to increase food productivity,advantages & disadvantages were mentioned in an article form along with the topic,5 mins thinking 15 speaking,i mentioned abt plants being part of ecology nt only food,natural has its own say,extensive research should be dn b4 large scale use & .....we all had a consensus tht research shud be encouragd bt large scale later,the moderators were 2 ladies & they didnt say anythng in the entire process.
Group intervw:no intrvw ws takn,we were givn a case,
In a clg ,experienced & revered physcs faculty havnt takn the clses regularly as a result only 20% sylabs ws compltd.when the rzlt came out it ws seen tht a few studnts(who knew da subjct well) hv passd & rest failed,one grp demanded re-exam while the othr said tht its over.
Wht wil u do & why? We hd to write for 5 mn,aftr tht each of us wud read it in exact for 1 mn & thn we hd to discus it for 15 mn,
i statd re-exam aftr 2 mnths aftr completing 75% sylabus cn be a good optn coz bad marks in grad cost us in our admisn to future courses in gud instis & if studnts fail in ths way nxt yr onwards studnts wl go 2 coachngs whch wl give rise 2 furthr degeneratn & prb 4 poor,latr we discusd each of ours soln,same 2 ladies were presnt.
Essay:people without experience hv bettr imaginatn... sumthng like tht,the entire slot hd sm topic.
PI:I am a freshr,so only acads,ws askd simple questn on technicl whch i cudnt answr,rest ws ok.
We hd our certificts verified,wnt on a campus tour & left,seniors were awesome & helpful thruout da entire procss.

Still @ pune,postng 4m my mobl,so hd 2 use sms language.

Thank you soo much!Your info will surely help us!

case study:gm crops' use to increase food productivity,advantages & disadvantages were mentioned in an article form along with the topic,5 mins thinking 15 speaking,i mentioned abt plants being part of ecology nt only food,natural has its own say,extensive research should be dn b4 large scale use & .....we all had a consensus tht research shud be encouragd bt large scale later,the moderators were 2 ladies & they didnt say anythng in the entire process.
In a clg ,experienced & revered physcs faculty havnt takn the clses regularly as a result only 20% sylabs ws compltd.when the rzlt came out it ws seen tht a few studnts(who knew da subjct well) hv passd & rest failed,one grp demanded re-exam while the othr said tht its over.
Wht wil u do & why? We hd to write for 5 mn,aftr tht each of us wud read it in exact for 1 mn & thn we hd to discus it for 15 mn,
i statd re-exam aftr 2 mnths aftr completing 75% sylabus cn be a good optn coz bad marks in grad cost us in our admisn to future courses in gud instis & if studnts fail in ths way nxt yr onwards studnts wl go 2 coachngs whch wl give rise 2 furthr degeneratn & prb 4 poor,latr we discusd each of ours soln,same 2 ladies were presnt.
Essay:people without experience hv bettr imaginatn... sumthng like tht,the entire slot hd sm topic.
PI:I am a freshr,so only acads,ws askd simple questn on technicl whch i cudnt answr,rest ws ok.
We hd our certificts verified,wnt on a campus tour & left,seniors were awesome & helpful thruout da entire procss.

Thx mate can u give an approximation how time the entire process took?????

hi everybody,

The process was very smooth because of the professional attitude of seniors.
Please arrive atleast 1 hr before your scheduled slot time to facilitate the process. Number of people in a group vary from 5-6(if any person is absent)

Case study : About a fresher from a poor background and only high school education , given the task of clearing cheques . As it is thought to be an easy job by her manager , she not given any training. After a month,he discoveres that a pile of cheques are lying on her desk and the fresher called him up to tell that she is quitting. Questions were asked about the solutions that will enhance the working process of the bank .

Group interview : was a moderated case study . First asked individually to state points and then a discussion on it
It was about a below average student having a week to study for his exam and had taken the responsibility of a bschool fest

Written test :Choice is an illusion . It is based on society's perception

PI: two panelist . asked questions about work experience, fav subject, why quitting job , which specialization, what question you want to ask us

Overall it was a good experience. Refreshments are also provided to the candidates.

i was in 10:15 am slot and my process got over at 2:15 pm
Please reach the venue 1 hr ahead of ur slot time. It will help the other candidate to finish their process in time

All the best to everybody:thumbsup:
check out their cafeteria -- u get good chinese fried rice

please help, seniors.. i was given a checklist and feedback form.. now when my documents were verified after all the other processes were done, the senior handling the verification signed the checklist and returned it to me.. i forgot to submit the checklist and feedback form and after returning home, saw them in the docket.. what should i do???

thank you!!!!
shakaal Says
Thx mate can u give an approximation how time the entire process took?????

we left around 12 30 p.m.
rus22 Says
please help, seniors.. i was given a checklist and feedback form.. now when my documents were verified after all the other processes were done, the senior handling the verification signed the checklist and returned it to me.. i forgot to submit the checklist and feedback form and after returning home, saw them in the docket.. what should i do???

Hey,

I don't there is something big to worry about it, just drop an email to the admissions team : [email protected]. And if the team insists (most probably not), you can even send it across to them.

KD ,
SCMHRD 2010-12

hey catisfun

first of all thankyou for providing a good insight into the process

i am a fresher too and have my GE/PI tomorrow

can u tell me how many technical questions did they ask

i mean what percentage ?

hi,

could you please tell what all documents were required during the process? Do we require some photocopies/attest copies?

Thanks

hey catisfun

i mean what percentage ?

its very subjective and depends panel to panel..and also the kind of background you have..do not bother about such stats or delve into finding such info..

it is advisable to at least read up a bit on ur work or graduation to be aware..so that you are not caught off guard if the panel gives u a very basic/ simple question..
hey catisfun

i mean what percentage ?

in my pi i faced a technical sir & a hr ma'm,sir had askd me 2 name my favorite subjct ,thn he askd me abt a very basic component in my fav which i cudnt answr,nxt he askd me abt capacitor,sequential ckt in digi electrns which i cud answr & no technicl aftr tht.

Guys

GD via Skype tomorrow(6 Feb) at 1:30pm and 10pm.
Welcome to join us.

It would be amazing if any of the people who have already given GDPI can join too.

Skype id - gauravw