SCIT - Jan Session Applicants

Hello Friends, My name is Aryan…completed my grad in Statistics from Mumbai Univ. Now aspiring to be one of the lucky 20 ppl who will be selected for Jan session of SCIT (Software Development and Management Course). All others who are app…

Hello Friends,
My name is Aryan......completed my grad in Statistics from Mumbai Univ. Now aspiring to be one of the lucky 20 ppl who will be selected for Jan session of SCIT (Software Development and Management Course).
All others who are applying for the same course can meet here. (I hope there a are few!!!....;) )

hello dude ... even i am applying for the course .... got any snap preparation material ?

@Krishnadas...
I am preparing from IMS notes which my friend gave to me. Its not clearing the cut off in SNAP that is important man.....they have a selection procedure in which every aspect from your X marks to grad marks to your Xtra cirricular activities is taken into account. Its no gaurantee that you will get a call evn if score 100 or more!!
Anywayz...wht is ur qualification? Do u work?

Hi Guyz...

Myself Shail. I am working as a software engineer n havin' exp of 1.7+. Even myself wanna get lucky for SCIT but for SYSTEMS.

Are you sure guyz that we have only 20 seat for Software Management ?

Thanks

Shail.

@SHail...
Yes I am sure man.....they had 30 seats when they first started the Jan session. They subsequently reduced it to 20 seats the following year. And I don think they are plannin to increase them for the 2007-09 batch.
And as far ur interest in Systems is concerned, you can't apply for the Jan session since, Jan session is only for ppl interested in Software Dev and Mngmnt course. You can apply for the June session though!

@SHail...
Yes I am sure man.....they had 30 seats when they first started the Jan session. They subsequently reduced it to 20 seats the following year. And I don think they are plannin to increase them for the 2007-09 batch.
And as far ur interest in Systems is concerned, you can't apply for the Jan session since, Jan session is only for ppl interested in Software Dev and Mngmnt course. You can apply for the June session though!

@Neo.

Does that mean...all of the courses mentioned have only 20 seats ? I dont think that there is an incessant flow of guyz for this SCIT n SICSR.

Btw whats the creditability of SCIT n SICSR. No misgivings, but they have good placements.

And about the June session, I have to give SNAP test nyways for June Session rt Neo ? Will be resuming the session in June itself I think.

Ny idea whats d cut off for the above mentioned institutes ? May be 50+.

Thanks

Shail

@Shail...

Does that mean...all of the courses mentioned have only 20 seats ?
Nope.....only the Jan session of Software Dev and Mngmnt course has 20 seats.....The june session has an intake of 40 each for all the courses (not sure abt 40 but is surely more thn 20!)

whats the creditability of SCIT n SICSR.
Credibility is a very subjective term man.....the opinions differ from person to person.....I had called this guy who is now studying at SCIT.....he told me tht...job wise...all the symbi institutes have 100% placement record....however the pay-scale may vary from institute to institute.

about the June session, I have to give SNAP test nyways for June Session rt Neo ?
Jan session or June.....SNAP test is the same....the one which is conducted on 17th Dec.

Ny idea whats d cut off for the above mentioned institutes ?

This is the solemost factor which seperates Symbi from other institutes. They have this selective meriting scheme for short listing candidates...Visit their wbsite for more info.....Evn if u have a good SNAP score, there is no gaurantee that u will get a call....Chck this link....though it is an yr old....Other ppl's experience make it a very informative read.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-scit-applicants-meet-here-25012210
@Shail...

Nope.....only the Jan session of Software Dev and Mngmnt course has 20 seats.....The june session has an intake of 40 each for all the courses (not sure abt 40 but is surely more thn 20!)

Credibility is a very subjective term man.....the opinions differ from person to person.....I had called this guy who is now studying at SCIT.....he told me tht...job wise...all the symbi institutes have 100% placement record....however the pay-scale may vary from institute to institute.

Jan session or June.....SNAP test is the same....the one which is conducted on 17th Dec.

This is the solemost factor which seperates Symbi from other institutes. They have this selective meriting scheme for short listing candidates...Visit their wbsite for more info.....Evn if u have a good SNAP score, there is no gaurantee that u will get a call....Chck this link....though it is an yr old....Other ppl's experience make it a very informative read.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-scit-applicants-meet-here-25012210

Thanks dude...

Shail 😃

I am beginning to think tht there are very few ppl who are applying for Jan session....(Good news for ME!!.....).....
For me.....getting into SCIT is like makin it to IIM-A...been dying to get there...culd not give SNAP 05 bcoz of my TY project....hope I make it dis yr!!...:)

I am beginning to think tht there are very few ppl who are applying for Jan session....(Good news for ME!!.....).....
For me.....getting into SCIT is like makin it to IIM-A...been dying to get there...culd not give SNAP 05 bcoz of my TY project....hope I make it dis yr!!...:)

Hi..

Same here dude. Being a Tech Guy..me too wanna be SCITian. U workin' or a Fresher ?

Thanks

Shail.
U workin' or a Fresher ?

No man....I am just a fresher.....Actually my Dad runs a Monginis franchisee and I help him in his business......Love computers...knw few prog langs.....irrespective of my backgrnd in Statistics...I taught them myself!!......But as far as tech sector xp is concerned...I have none!!!....:(

I sincerely hope tht it shuldnt be the only factor that leads to my rejection!!
No man....I am just a fresher.....Actually my Dad runs a Monginis franchisee and I help him in his business......Love computers...knw few prog langs.....irrespective of my backgrnd in Statistics...I taught them myself!!......But as far as tech sector xp is concerned...I have none!!!....:(

I sincerely hope tht it shuldnt be the only factor that leads to my rejection!!

Hi..

Dont worry Mr. Aryan. Inorder to compensate for ya tech exp...make it a point that u score very well in SNAP.

Do we have overall marks or we have to show our competency section wise ? I think overall rt ?

Thanks

Shail

hey dudes ..... was busy 4 a few days .... i've joined IMS ..... the cut off is unpredictable ... so have to prepare well ... hope you all are studying hard .... also scit is aicte approved whereas sicsr is not , the placements are better in scit ...and the campus is far better .. u'll find more info on www.scit.edu.... take care ... :grab:

I don knw Mr Shail if there are sectional cutoffs....all I knw tht with ppl like u in fray for the SCIT seat....my chances are sure goin to be SLIM!!!
Take care buddies!!
Hope to meet u in SCIT campus!!

I don knw Mr Shail if there are sectional cutoffs....all I knw tht with ppl like u in fray for the SCIT seat....my chances are sure goin to be SLIM!!!
Take care buddies!!
Hope to meet u in SCIT campus!!

Hey...dont ya worry mate :)

Shail 😃
Hey...dont ya worry mate :)

Shail :)

Thnx for saying tht Buddy....Anywayz...Wht have u decided....Jan session or June??
Lord_Neo Says
Thnx for saying tht Buddy....Anywayz...Wht have u decided....Jan session or June??

Hi Neo..

I have set priorities as SYS, SOFTWARE DEVELOPEMENT (JAN) and ITBM. I might go for Jan sessions. Nyways howz ITBM module of the same mate ?

So howz the prep goin' ?

Take Care

Shail 😃
Lord_Neo Says

Sorry for this post once again....Whether we can apply for more than one course ?

Thanks

Shail 😃
I have set priorities as SYS, SOFTWARE DEVELOPEMENT (JAN) and ITBM. I might go for Jan sessions. Nyways howz ITBM module of the same mate ?

From wht I knw....( the guy whom I called at SCIT told me so ).....ITBM is the highest paying course in SCIT. The demand for ITBM grads is more thn those of other courses and so are the cut-offs!!

Whether we can apply for more than one course ?

Just give me few days....I will call up the guy and answer tht query for U.

So howz the prep goin' ?

Simple two words answer or tht question......NOT GOOD!!!

Where are u from....if u r in Mumbai..plz send me ur cell nos as a priv msg.
Take care!!
BYE!