SCIT Aspirants for 2009-2011 batch

Well I am kicking of this thread for all those who are planning to enter in one of the unique IT-B School in India- Symbiosis Center for Information Technology, Pune. This thread is suppose to answer all your queries start from the scratch ti…

Well I am kicking of this thread for all those who are planning to enter in one of the unique IT-B School in India- Symbiosis Center for Information Technology, Pune.

This thread is suppose to answer all your queries start from the scratch till the point you enter this unique institute. All you aspirants can ask any thing under this sun..admission process, GD/PI related, preparation related..just anything...so start pouring in with your queries...we will try to keep updated this thread as much as possible...

keep rocking

Rahul Singh
Systems
2007-2009

Well SCIT offers 2 years full time residential MBA programmes in the following specializations

1. IT Business Management (ITBM)
  2. Systems
  3. Information Systems and Security (ISS)
  4. Network and IT infrastructure (NITI)
  5. Software Development and Management (SDM)

Keep rocking

Rahul Singh
Systems
2007-2009
Well I am kicking of this thread for all those who are planning to enter in one of the unique IT-B School in India- Symbiosis Center for Information Technology, Pune.

This thread is suppose to answer all your queries start from the scratch till the point you enter this unique institute. All you aspirants can ask any thing under this sun..admission process, GD/PI related, preparation related..just anything...so start pouring in with your queries...we will try to keep updated this thread as much as possible...

keep rocking

Rahul Singh
Systems
2007-2009

hmmmm ... the 2010 batch has not even entered the campus aur abhi se next batch ka thread shuru kar diya ? .... good going anyways ....
krishnadas16 Says
hmmmm ... the 2010 batch has not even entered the campus aur abhi se next batch ka thread shuru kar diya ? .... good going anyways ....

Ya that was necessary as in the older one or two odd queries came persisting to new batch..so felt like starting this thread..although even i know that its bit too early..but anyways...lets watch how this one shapes up...

keep rocking

Rahul Singh
Systems
20072-2009

I am a software professional with 5 years 6 months of experience. Currently workin as a Project Lead. I was looking for a course that aligns business with IT and intend to do MBA(Systems)

1) What kind of placements and average salary are available for experienced people like me?
2) Can you provide Sample GD and PI topics/questions.

I am a software professional with 5 years 6 months of experience. Currently workin as a Project Lead. I was looking for a course that aligns business with IT and intend to do MBA(Systems)

1) What kind of placements and average salary are available for experienced people like me?
2) Can you provide Sample GD and PI topics/questions.

Sample GD PI topics are something i can give .. but the former question is a bit of a restriction here ... We generally do not disclose the placement figures ...

During our GD, PI we had topics like
1. The Tatas are the true icons of the Indian Industry.
2. Which product could Einstein be a brand ambassador for?
3. India Vs China

Typically GD PI topics saw a mix of Current scenarios and IT .. A combination of good communication, persuasive skills and awareness of current scenarios should see you through .....

and on a more personal note I would like to add that 5 years of experience is a long time .. and the expectation you might be having from a B school may be high ... I would suggest you also consider other colleges ... which might be able to do better justice to your industry experience ......
Sample GD PI topics are something i can give .. but the former question is a bit of a restriction here ... We generally do not disclose the placement figures ...

During our GD, PI we had topics like
1. The Tatas are the true icons of the Indian Industry.
2. Which product could Einstein be a brand ambassador for?
3. India Vs China

Typically GD PI topics saw a mix of Current scenarios and IT .. A combination of good communication, persuasive skills and awareness of current scenarios should see you through .....

and on a more personal note I would like to add that 5 years of experience is a long time .. and the expectation you might be having from a B school may be high ... I would suggest you also consider other colleges ... which might be able to do better justice to your industry experience ......

just adding to KD's point..will suggest you to firstly focus on your SNAP exam..prepare well for that try to maximize your score and then you can concentrate on next stage...
koolrahulgwl Says
just adding to KD's point..will suggest you to firstly focus on your SNAP exam..prepare well for that try to maximize your score and then you can concentrate on next stage...

I do agree with rahul and KD , concentrate on the entrance exams and try many colleges as with this kind of experience there is good chance your profile will be liked by the panel.

With what you want to do and your aim , MBA is a very good option and also with the kind of experience you can try for one-year MBA from SP Jain, IIMs, ISB, etc as there you will find the batch on par with your skills, experience and maturity.

All the best
Subu
MBA-Systems
2007-2009.

Sirs,
Here goes my profile:-
10 th - 88.5% (ICSE)
12 th- 61% (CBSE)
2 years gap betwwen 12th nd engg.
B.tech( 4th yr.) Comp. Sc.- 72% till now
Placement Offer- TCS (ASE designation)
Wht do u think with this profile how r my chances of getting thru SCIT??? Will i hav to score very high in SNAP 2008.... moreover wht acc. to u will be a better choice to gain some exp. in TCS nd thn look at the MBA option or shld i give it a try now only??? plz. suggest..

Sirs,
10 th - 88.5% (ICSE)
12 th- 61% (CBSE)
Wht do u think with this profile how r my chances of getting thru SCIT??? Will i hav to score very high in SNAP 2008.... moreover wht acc. to u will be a better choice to gain some exp. in TCS nd thn look at the MBA option or shld i give it a try now only??? plz. suggest..

IMHO your profile is perfectly fine for getting into SCIT ( I am assuming that you are really inclined towards business side of IT and is planning to pursue a highly specialized course)...asfa as ur plcmt offer is concerned it has to be your call..I mean you need to decide your priorities that whether you want to go for job first or you want to continue with higher education..although these days ppl are preferring to gain some workex and then go for MBA route..but still many time it happens that once you are in job it becomes really difficult to switch back to study mode..so decide accordingly..your question is like gazing at a crystal ball and then telling you the answer..bcoz for me going for MBA might be more important than opting for job..and vice-versa...hope u r getting my point

Keep rocking
Rahul Singh
Systems
2007-2009

thnx for d reply sir... yes i'm really interested in the business side of IT domain tht's the reason why i m interested in purusing dis course.. the only concern is tht will the mba pay me off in such a way tht after the course i would land up with an oppurtunity wherein i'm getting sufficiently higher (package+position) as i could attain with 2yrs. of experiance in IT sector... nd also with the profile of mine how much high i'll hav to score in SNAP to get the most preferred course????

bunny1986 Says
thnx for d reply sir... yes i'm really interested in the business side of IT domain tht's the reason why i m interested in purusing dis course.. the only concern is tht will the mba pay me off in such a way tht after the course i would land up with an oppurtunity wherein i'm getting sufficiently higher (package+position) as i could attain with 2yrs. of experiance in IT sector... nd also with the profile of mine how much high i'll hav to score in SNAP to get the most preferred course????

Well..anytime you will get much higher position and package if you go via MBA route..because being an software engineer myself I joined as fresher and I know where i will be and where are my frens who are straight into jobs in big IT companies..I mean any time I will start much ahead of them once I am through with MBA..and its too early to answer your last part of question..for you I will suggest only one thing that study hard..and as if now dont fall much into these details..bcoz the first pre-requisite is to have a healthy SNAP score..so just study hard....hope it helps up to some extent
still feel free to ask as many as question (but sensible one..;) )..

keep rocking

Rahul Singh
Systems
2007-2009
Sirs,
10 th - 88.5% (ICSE)
12 th- 61% (CBSE)

The profile seems decent enough .... but the 2years gap can be a catch here ... i hope you will be able to defend it well ... as B-Schools generally question you on gaps in education amongst other things .....

all the best nevertheless .... hope you make it .... and as far as the MBA market is concerned .... the competition is increasing exponentially by each passing year .... so think and act accordingly .....

cheers ....

Hi All..

Itne jaldi thread bhi bana diya Rahul tune...Nyways :)

Let the novice pour in their qualms.

Shail

Me too in, in the race for my dream B school SCIT . Profile somewhat similar to bunny..

10 th - 81% (CBSE)
12 th- 76 % (CBSE)
1 years gap betwwen 12th nd engg.
B.tech( Final yr. results awaited) EE - 75.2%
Couldn't take SNAP previous year due to some personal problems but this year gonna give my best :2gunfire:

Me too in, in the race for my dream B school SCIT . Profile somewhat similar to bunny..

10 th - 81% (CBSE)
12 th- 76 % (CBSE)
1 years gap betwwen 12th nd engg.
B.tech( Final yr. results awaited) EE - 75.2%
Couldn't take SNAP previous year due to some personal problems but this year gonna give my best :2gunfire:

Hey study_hard..welcome aboard..nice to read that you too are aiming for one of the unique IT B-school in India. For now study hard and try to maximize your SNAP score.
All the best

Rahul Singh
Systems
2007-2009
hi guys i am shekhar kanagali, aspiring candidate for symbi...
BE IT
10th-82%
12th-54%
Graduation-61%
will be having 1.6 years of experience by december this year
please help me out to get my calls and where do i stand in the race.
thanks in advace.
cheers
shekhar kanagali
[email protected]

Dude be specific

first of all u said that u r interested in Symbi..I assume that u r aspiring for SCIT itself??
asfa ur profile is concerned it's decent enough...but as if now my only suggestion to you is that focus hard on the SNAP preparation try to maximize ur snap score, rest other things can be taken care off once u r through with ur SNAP.
feel free for any other queries..
Cheers
ATB

Rahul Singh
Systems
2007-2009
thank u sir for replying, i dint knew it was so instant.
yes i am aiming for SCIT, i want to know whether i will gain some extra points for the work-ex(1.6 years).
thanks in advance

Ya up till now the complete score is calculated with different parameters like ur SNAP SCORE+ x points if u have work ex+ y points if u r engineer..and so on..
hope it helps..

keep rocking

Rahul Singh
Systems
2007-2009
hi sir,
i have read in the last years SCIT application that you will get 10 points if you have 2 years of work-ex
will i get points if i have 1.6 years of work-ex up to december
up to what duration i should count my work-experience because i will have 2 years of experience in jan 2009.

dude.. I am not clear abt how much work ex u shld quote..but if I have been at ur place then I would have quoted my workex till the point I would have been working before joining the insti...;)..so plan accordingly
hope it helps

ATB

Rahul Singh
Systems
2007-2009