SCIT 2008 GD/PI prep!

Congrats to all call getters… :: Now let the preperation for GD/PI begin!! Cheers.

Congrats to all call getters.. Now let the preperation for GD/PI begin!!
Cheers.

i got a call, let we start our GD/PI preparation from this thread..........

Hey...got a call

But they have not mentioned the procedure for GD/PI!! Experts..help:Fade-col:

Regards

Hi....i have got a call...from ISS.....but i have some questions:
1.) its mentioned that no. of seats is 165....i hope the no. of seats mentioned is 165 for all courses...what u say??
2.)what will be the procedure on the actual day of gd/pi??i hope our seniors will guide!
3.)how r u people preparing for gd/pi??????????
thanx....

Hi....i have got a call...from ISS.....but i have some questions:
1.) its mentioned that no. of seats is 165....i hope the no. of seats mentioned is 165 for all courses...what u say??
2.)what will be the procedure on the actual day of gd/pi??i hope our seniors will guide!
3.)how r u people preparing for gd/pi??????????
thanx....

hey i got a call frm SCIT..ISS ..
hey seniors pls help me out..
how is SCIT coll??placements nd all??
hws dis prog ISS(information system nd program)??
wt they ask in interview??very technical or general??
hw shud i prepare 4 it??plss help me out..
and one more thing i wud like to add to the questions :WHAT IS THE TOTAL NUMBER OF SEATS AT SCIT UNDER ISS??

Hi,
Got call for Systems(82.25), missed ITBM by 6 marks. interview is on Feb-8. Can we request to change interview date?
Sunil.

any updates?

got call for systems on feb 8th my first call of the season.
snap 75 marks.

can anyone pls throw some light on gd pi process.

Hi to all call-getters!!!
I'm Archana from Chennai. I've got the gd/pi call for NITI.
Seniors...do give all of us pointers on how to tackle the GD/PI and also ur experiences last year.

@aishu and symbee
do u ppl know anything abt the dress code for tis GD/PI yaar? Do lemme know...
Thanks...

Archana.

i have got a call 4 SCIT(ITBM)......... but my name is there on both lists of ITBM........... witht the GD/PI dates given as feb 9th n feb 10th respectively......... anyone else with their name on both lists?? would like 2 know when ur plannin 2 reach

n can we get t discussion abt t GD/PI rolling pls

Hi seniors ,
I hv a query...hv got a call for both ITBM & NITI for which I had applied but does that mean I hv 2 attend twice for GD/PI i.e on 2nd feb as well as 10th feb coz in my ITBM list my name is mentioned under ITBM & OTHERS...wht does tht mean?...Is it a list of candidates who hv applied & got selected for both ITBM as well as the other course of their choice...Do reply

Hi Archana and friends,I am also from Chennai. Got call for NITI and ISS on Feb 2nd and 3rd. Keep in contact and also help me with the topics for GD. All the best. mail me at Regards,Praveen

Hi,
What is the average salary like in SCIT?
I could find the list of recruiters but did not see any information on past salary structures.

No Body Is Replying To Our Queries!!!please Seniors Where R U????????????????

Seniors, kindly contribute to this thread also.... this will really help we people to prepare well for the next round...

i got a call 4m scit..would like to prepare 4 gdpi 4m delhi...kindly help///

Hi to all call-getters!!!
I'm Archana from Chennai. I've got the gd/pi call for NITI.
Seniors...do give all of us pointers on how to tackle the GD/PI and also ur experiences last year.

@aishu and symbee
do u ppl know anything abt the dress code for tis GD/PI yaar? Do lemme know...
Thanks...

Archana.

Hi I have no clue about any dress code... will have to wait for some senior to answer that..

Looks like i have the least score among all those who've been selected into systems (snap score: 58.5) 😞 all of you when you say you've been selected for some course pls post your snap score & work ex!!

Hi there..

Congrats on getting a call from SCIT.

Lemme answer ur questions one by one...
SCIT is not ur regular run of the mill B-SCHOOL...its a TECHNO-MANAGEMENT B-SCHOOL.
Its one of a kind college offering a proper mix of TECHINICAL as well as Management Subjects.
So think twice before makin the final decision.
Though I am not suppose to reveal to u the packages, lemme assure u tht, Placements have never been a problem here...and I dont think we will have any kind of prob in the near future as well.

Now being an ISS student, I can tell u a lot abt ISS specialization.
This branch will make u aware of all the security models, quality concepts, standards like ISO 27001, ITIL, 9001:2000 etc.
Possible profiles may incude Risk Manager, Infosec Advisor, BCP consultant, Quality Manager etc.

During our time we had 2 GD's and 2 PI's with a Physometric Test thrown in the middle.
Only persons clearing the 2 GD's were allowed to sit for interview.
The HR interview consisted of typical questions like Why SCIT....Why not some other B-school, Expections, weakness, strengths, describe urself....etc.
The tech interview was somewht difficult....with questions on ENgg projects, questions abt the specialization which one had opted for, know how of IT etc

Read mags like CHIP, DIGIT for improving upon latest in IT world.
ET and TOI are a must read (OBIVIOUSLY!!)
And revise upon few Engg subjects related to Computer as well as ur Engg Project.

I think there are 30 seats for ISS this time.

So best of luck for ur preparation for GD/PI.

right aishu m score was 74.25 with over 2 n half years of work ex

well according to my friend who past out from SCIT(ITBM) a year back n works with a consultancy said tht he only had one GD n one interview round

but if t person studyin there says v r gonna have 2 rounds of each then it looks like a small nightmare

hey archana aren't u from chennai.... i jus got in touch with praveen whos also from chennai............v r plannin 2 meet up........ m id is

doesn't anyone else in tis forum have t problem of their name appearin on 2 lists with different GD/PI dates??