Schulich (York univ) applications and admits - 2009

Hi All, Schulich is among top 3 MBA programs of Canada. I invite everyone who wants to pursue an MBA from Schulich Business School at York Univ. to please come and contribute to this forum… Regards, Target-09

Hi All,

Schulich is among top 3 MBA programs of Canada. I invite everyone who wants to pursue an MBA from Schulich Business School at York Univ. to please come and contribute to this forum..

Regards,
Target-09

I submitted my application for Fall-09. Here is my profile:

GMAT: 680 (Q-50, V-32 ), AWA-5
Work Exp. 6 yrs by Sep 09

Are there any other applicants/admits?

was thinking of applying to one Canadian school
still deciding between Schulich/Sauder...

Hey Captain ZapaK...why not Ivey/Rotman?

was thinking of applying to one Canadian school
still deciding between Schulich/Sauder...
target-09 Says
Hey Captain ZapaK...why not Ivey/Rotman?

Primarily because of my profile which is not suitable for Ivey/Rotman..
Rotman is mainly for finance.. not my cup of tea..
secondly, these are way expensive ....

hey target-09
the deadline is feb-1...
any idea if we submit app on feb-1, by when can we expect the interview and then final admit decision..
i am asking this because once we get an admit we need to submit $2500 CDN.
hence, was trying to figure out what maximum time do I have to reserve the seat

We seem to be the only applicants from India
Where are others?

Target-09: Why are u deciding Schulich?

any Specific reasons or rationale, like the one u posted for Ivey and Rotman.

Hey Guys,

Here is my profile:
GMAT: 640
Work Ex: IT, 5 yrs by Sep-09

It's been nearly a month that I've submitted my application for Fall-09.

I'm not sure what the process for Schulich is like and was wondering whether anyone has got an interview request from the college?

Keep me posted......

XXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

U should wait untill Feb for any update, me too received my update by Feb..

think 4 times before accepting Schulich...my advise...

I've read an old post on PaGalGuY about Schulich, and people did express extreme opinions about the college. Just not sure - what exactly is the problem with Schulich.

Hi All,

This is Abhishek, and i have already secured an Admission from Schulich. Here is my Profile:

GMAT-680; Work Ex (by Jul 2009) - 4 Years

I have got an Email from them with attachments for Admission Letter, decline Letter, Finance Details, Canadian Embassies to Contact Etc.

Also, FYI, the $ 2500 fees has to be paid in 2 months from the date of issue of Admission Letter.

One more thing... Amazingly, there wasnt any interview held for me. I go a direct Admission Call.

Anyone from India, who has secured a call from Schulich, do get in touch with me @9731222777

Thanks,
Abhi

Hi All,

This is Abhishek, and i have already secured an Admission from Schulich. Here is my Profile:

GMAT-680; Work Ex (by Jul 2009) - 4 Years

I have got an Email from them with attachments for Admission Letter, decline Letter, Finance Details, Canadian Embassies to Contact Etc.

Also, FYI, the $ 2500 fees has to be paid in 2 months from the date of issue of Admission Letter.

One more thing... Amazingly, there wasnt any interview held for me. I go a direct Admission Call.

Anyone from India, who has secured a call from Schulich, do get in touch with me @9731222777

Thanks,
Abhi

Hey Abhishek,

Congratulations for the admit.

Can you tell me when did you submit your application? When the college reverted back to you? Did you get any scholarship & stuff like that?

What's your call - are you going ahead with Schulich or waiting for some other college results?

Thanks!
InPursuitOfMBA Says
I've read an old post on PaGalGuY about Schulich, and people did express extreme opinions about the college. Just not sure - what exactly is the problem with Schulich.

the problem with Schulich is..
MAJORITY of students there are from India and China..
u dont get an "international" feel there...
plus this time only eight people have been placed in the whole batch.. (stats as on last week)...
I know a student there who gave me this feedback..
but he was happy with his experience there (probably becoz he is one of those 8 guys :))

Hi Abhishek,

Even I have secured an admit from Schulich for Fall 2009.

GMAT - 640 (Q - 47, V - 31, AWA - 5.5),
Work Exp - 4 years + 4 months (By Sep 2009)

Even I didn't have an evaluative interview.

Regards,
FallMBA2009R

Hey Abhishek,

Congratulations for the admit.

Can you tell me when did you submit your application? When the college reverted back to you? Did you get any scholarship & stuff like that?

What's your call - are you going ahead with Schulich or waiting for some other college results?

Thanks!

Hi,

In my case I had submitted my online application to Schulich on Dec 13, 2008 and got a reply from them within a month. The scholarship decision would be made once the offer is accepted. This is what is currently mentioned.

Regards,
MBAFall2009R

So, what is the plan guys (those who have got the final admission Email)?

Are you inclined towards joining Schulich?
I also have got to read extreme feelings about Schulich in the previous threads (sadly).

Life is Good,
Abhi

So, what is the plan guys (those who have got the final admission Email)?

Are you inclined towards joining Schulich?
I also have got to read extreme feelings about Schulich in the previous threads (sadly).

Life is Good,
Abhi

Hi Abhishek,

Same here ... Just read the earlier threads ... They are sort of confusing, but as per my information, it is clearly a good option ... Let's see, need to research a little more ...

Regards,
MBAFall2009R
Hi Abhishek,

Even I have secured an admit from Schulich for Fall 2009.

GMAT - 640 (Q - 47, V - 31, AWA - 5.5),
Work Exp - 4 years + 4 months (By Sep 2009)

Even I didn't have an evaluative interview.

Regards,
FallMBA2009R

Hey Guys,

Even I got an admit from Schulich w/o an evaluative interview. What's the call, are you people paying the deposit or waiting for interview-calls/admits from other colleges?

I've also received an invitation to visit the college on 7-Feb-09. I'm in California, USA and I'm strongly considering the idea of visiting the place. I need to work over the Visa.

Let me know if anyone of you is considering visiting the college.

Thanks!