Schulich MBA!

Hi, Is there anybody who has been admitted to the MBA program beginning Fall 2005 in Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto.

Hi,

Is there anybody who has been admitted to the MBA program beginning Fall 2005 in Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto.

Hi.........

Can u throw some light on your background, GMAT & TOEFL score, work ex etc.
What will be the expenses & any scholarships etc.
I am also planning to give GMAT.

What was the interview like and the process u followed.

All the Best for ur future.

KingCat.

I realized you've spelt the school name wrong as I couldn't find anything with that name on google . But on figuring out the right spelling, I found that it was ranked in the top 30 in the world ..um..but with a name few would have heard of

You admitted to the school ? 😃

Sorry about the typing error.....Yes I have been admitted to this school.

My profile:

GMAT score: 650
TOEFL score: 290
Work exp: 2 yrs 8 months. I am software engg and have worked with Infosys for about two years. Currently I am working in Accenture.

I realized you've spelt the school name wrong as I couldn't find anything with that name on google . But on figuring out the right spelling, I found that it was ranked in the top 30 in the world ..um..but with a name few would have heard of

You admitted to the school ? :smile:

Congrats man!
It is surele a good univ., IIM-A has a student exchange prog. with this univ. and 2 guys came here in last term.
May b u can come to IIM-A as an exchange student after 1yr
Njoy
Anuj

Sorry about the typing error.....Yes I have been admitted to this school.

My profile:

GMAT score: 650
TOEFL score: 290
Work exp: 2 yrs 8 months. I am software engg and have worked with Infosys for about two years. Currently I am working in Accenture.

WILL U THROW SOME LIGHT ON EXPENSES U R GOING TO INCUR THERE , FEES
ya i can go to web site but iam just asking ur guesstimate.............
Its the top business school and congrats on getting addmission in to it!!!

ok..i m admitted to york as well.mabe i will c u sitting next to me in 2005 class.i m in toronto and where u live?????

Hi. i have been admitted to Shculich for Fall 2005. Does anyone know how the job scene in Canada is... once u graduate from Schulich?

Hi,

I too plan to app for Schulich, Rotman and Ivey for this fall.

Could those of you who have got in please guide me?

tia,
Raj

Hi Rajesh and gmalse,

I too am in the same boat. Giving my GMAT and trying for York, Ivey or Queens with around 3 yrs of work ex in a MNC as s/w engg.

Gmalse, Pls highlight on the total expenses expected and needed. Thats a great univ. U will do well there.

Chill

Hi,
tia,
Raj
Hi,

Here are the details of the total expenses for full-time MBA at Schulich for international students -->

Academic
Tuition (full-time)
$50,000

Books & Course Materials
$ 3,200

Total
$53,200
Living
Rent (On-Campus Apartment)
$12,000*

Food
$ 4,000

Clothing
$ 1,600

Health & dental insurance
$ 1,500**

Local Public Transportation
$ 2,000***

Entertainment/Recreation
$ 1,200

Miscellaneous
$ 1,200

Total
$23,500

TOTAL
(Average full-time program costs)
$76,700****
Amount in Canadian dollars (1 Cn$ ~ Rs 36)

schulich is a very good B-school, ranked 2nd or 3rd in canada and about 10th in non US universities world wide. Job scene might not be as good as US, but i think it should be easy to get a decent job after MBA. Plus fees and expenses are lesser.
Did you get any aid btw?

Gmalse,

Thx for that info. I wanna know if at u all u had tried in "Queens 1 yr" prog as well?

If yes, what was the reason u left it?

If not, why is it that u had not opted for this course, coz this has got a worldwide recognition and moreover just 1 year of completion.

Hi,
Here are the details of the total expenses for full-time MBA at Schulich for international students -->
Academic
Tuition (full-time)
$50,000

Books & Course Materials
$ 3,200

Total
$53,200
Living
Rent (On-Campus Apartment)
$12,000*

Food
$ 4,000

Clothing
$ 1,600

Health & dental insurance
$ 1,500**

Local Public Transportation
$ 2,000***

Entertainment/Recreation
$ 1,200

Miscellaneous
$ 1,200

Total
$23,500

TOTAL
(Average full-time program costs)
$76,700****
Amount in Canadian dollars (1 Cn$ ~ Rs 36)

hi dear ,

first of all congrats on getting into a gr8 college and choosing your life's journey to begin at toronto - york.

i too am planning to apply to schuilch , rotman and western ontario for next year's fall session.

i plan on takingb the GMAT somewhere in mid august . yet to take my gmat - ok in the verbal section but really bad in the english ..... pls advise me about a good score and how to get to it ...

schulich happens to be the school of my choice . and how did u go about your admission process ...

cheers !

anurag

Congratulation on your getting through Schulich School .
That really a wonderful school with a top ranking !!

What were your scetional scores ??

Hi GMLASE,

I went through the website of the B-school and according to the information available there the tution fee for fulltime MBA is arnd 25 grand. Can u pls throw some light on what course you opted?

Also, can you give us an idea abt the interview process and the student intake?
-ich_will

Congrats to all those who made it to B-schools this year. Well I also got thru wherever I applied to in Canada: Rotman (World #21) and Ivey(World #34). Is there anyone else here who would join the class of 2007 at Rotman?

Well, all of us who made it to Canada this year, lets share things required for preparation.

I have,accepted the Rotman's offer

sent an acceptance fee of USD 1700
found my US co-signor for loan
applied for loan from a foundation in India

If you ppl wanna get a loan at an interest rate of around 5% p.a. and if you have a US co-signor please let me know. Also, if there is some attractive source of funding MBA, do tell me.

Hi,
tia,
Raj

Hi konax ...
Rotman is a brilliant school...
So is Ivey...
Can u post your profile ..? It would be very useful for ppl like me who are aspirin to make it into similar schools...

-ICH_WILL