Schulich 2007 (august)

Hi guys I have got a call to join schulich 2007(august). Anyone else got the same? Cheers Sarthak

Hi guys

I have got a call to join schulich 2007(august).
Anyone else got the same?

Cheers

Sarthak

Hi guys

Cheers

Sarthak

Hello Sarthak,

Congrats. Schulich is a good school and is highly reputed.
I am planning to apply by this weekend. Is this too late (last date id Feb1) ?

Also can u tell me ur profile (mine: GMAT 640 :(( Work ex: ~5 yrs, )
Also any tips on applcation would help.

Thanks.
Amit

Hi,

I will be applying for Schulich for the Fall-2007. This is my profile.

GMAT : 700
TOEFL : 290
GPA : 3.6
Qualification : B.E.(I.T.)
Work Ex : 2yrs in IT ..:-)

How do you rate my chances at getting into the school ? And how is the schulich mba as compared to the other canadian schools like Ivey and Rotman's.

Thanks

Hi

You have a good profile, I think you will crack it.
Schulich is ranked in top 20 in all surveys.
The drawback that I felt was in their selection procedures.
They dont normally conduct interviews, which is quite strange.
Anyways
All the best

cheers
Sarthak

Thanks for the help sarthak. I sure hope I get into the school. How do u think the essays about the goals should be? Is it ok If i send across my essays to u for a review?

Thanks a lot for ur help

Hi guys

Cheers

Sarthak

PLZZZ share your profile 😃

Hi All,

I have also applied to the Canadian MBA programs, Rotman and Schulich. My profile is:

Qualification: B.tech (Computer Engineering)
Degree%: 79.5%
GMAT: 740
TOEFL: Could not write ( have asked for a waiver)
Experience : 4 years by the time i will join.
Worked with: GE Capital Hyd. and Oracle India Pvt. Ltd
Domain: ERP COnsulting

I have submitted the application quite late on 31st and 1st feb. Though i have received a "Application Received" confirmation mail from York but have not received any such mail from ROtman. Please tell me how long do they take to process the application.
As i have understood for the above postings that York doesn't generally conduct interviews, so i am a bit apprehensive, do suggest if i stand a chance or not.
Also, regarding Rotman, if anyone has gone thru interview please share the experience.

Regards
Jaspreet

I have got an admission in schulich too. (Fall 2007)

anybody else from mumbai?

May i know ur profile!!!
and moreover have u got any info abt the interviews!!! will be glad if u can post some interview tips

Workex: 2yr (IT)
GMAT: 680
Acads: Good
Extra-Curr: Good

well as far as i have seen b-school interviews...they ask simple questions like...y mba? y this school? short and long term goals? leadership exp? etc...
u can follow any interview thread on this forum for that...ISB thread has a list of questions in excel file...it can help u for a start..

Hi All,
I have an interview on Wed,14th...I wanted to know the pronunciation of "Schulich". Now trust me I have already come across 4-5 pronunciations of the same. Guys/Gals plz post replies ASAP. i dont wanna get this wrong first up ??: !!

Best,
Hansy

Hi All,
I have an interview on Wed,14th...I wanted to know the pronunciation of "Schulich". Now trust me I have already come across 4-5 pronunciations of the same. Guys/Gals plz post replies ASAP. i dont wanna get this wrong first up ??: !!

Best,
Hansy

hey...i'll giv u a tip...call up their main office ..you'll hear an automated voice and the first thing they'll speak is the name of the school...

Hi

i have got an admit from Schulich for fall 2007. Anyone else planning to join Schulich? pls get in touch.

Hi ,
Congrats !!
Pla share ur profile ..did u get any schol ?
when and whom did u interview with ?

Best,
Hansy

Hi All,

Got an admit from Schulich, but no schol.
I've an offer from ISB as well, and am not sure where to go :(

Can anyone suggest how does the two schools compare to each other?
any input will be highly appreciated.

Hi All,

Got an admit from Schulich, but no schol.
I've an offer from ISB as well, and am not sure where to go :(

Can anyone suggest how does the two schools compare to each other?
any input will be highly appreciated.

Depends a lot on what you need to do in future and where you need to be personally.
ISB has job offers right at the exit door whereas Schulich you might have to struggle for the job initially ...

Bottomline, If India is where you wanna be then ISB where as if Intrnl diversity exposure ... blah blah matters to you .. march towards Schulich ..

Btw, I have an admit as well from Schulich .. so might see u there

Got in !! .. just got a mail from the admission centre.:-)

bandar Says
Got in !! .. just got a mail from the admission centre.:-)

Hi Bandar,

I Had also submitted my Schulich application on 31st Jan, have not heard anything from them yet. How long after submission you got a response from the Schulich Adcom.

Regards
Jaspreet

Hi jaspreet,

I submitted my application on 1st Feb and got a reply yesterday .. so thats like 20 days .. but dude, there are a lot of applications for them to process. So chill !! .. im sure u will hear from them in a weeks time. I myself was expecting a reply only sometime in the last week of Feb or 1st week of march.

Best of Luck

bandar

Hi Bandar,

I Had also submitted my Schulich application on 31st Jan, have not heard anything from them yet. How long after submission you got a response from the Schulich Adcom.

Regards
Jaspreet
Hi jaspreet,

I submitted my application on 1st Feb and got a reply yesterday .. so thats like 20 days .. but dude, there are a lot of applications for them to process. So chill !! .. im sure u will hear from them in a weeks time. I myself was expecting a reply only sometime in the last week of Feb or 1st week of march.

Best of Luck

bandar

Thx Bandar...yup there is no other option but to wait. Lets see what's in store

jaspreet