School of management studies, MNNIT Allahabad (Query page)

The School of Management Studies (SMS) has created a coveted niche for itself in Management Education of the country. It was established in 1996 to provide holistic education to MBA students in technical ambience.The institute was awarded the stat…

The School of Management Studies (SMS) has created a coveted niche for itself in Management Education of the country. It was established in 1996 to provide holistic education to MBA students in technical ambience.The institute was awarded the status of Institute of National Importance by the Government of India in 2007. SMS offers one full time PG degree program, viz. Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Intake of the student in MBA is of 90 students. Reservation policy of Government of India is applied for distribution of seats. Students get the advantage of dual specialization, out of €“ Systems Management, Marketing Management, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, International Business and Operations Management.
SMS also offers Ph.D. programmes on stipendiary and non-stipendiary basis for full time and off campus candidates. A number of candidates have been awarded Ph. D. degree and many more are engaged in research activities in the areas of Finance, Marketing, HRM, MIS and Strategic Management.
The faculty is highly qualified with international exposure and motivated to inculcate quest for perfection among the students.
Short term Training/Management Development Programmes for industry and faculty are regularly organized with MHRD and AICTE collaboration.
For more details you can visit the institute website http://mnnit.ac.in/ or Department page http://mnnit.ac.in/index.php/departments/management-studies.html

Thread is open to all queries regarding admissions and related discussions for the batch of 2013-15.

Hello senior, I wanted to know "Is that placement is 100% and how many recruiters came last year". "What is the current highest and lowest package". May I know "What criteria company generally ask while recruiting ?", Are they ask 60% throughout from 10th or Generally ask MBA %age only ? What was conversion cut off for SC category.. Please reply as soon as u can...

TIA
http://mnnit.ac.in/images/stories/images/admissions/PlacementBrochure2012.pdf
Kindly go through this link....it will help you in sorting out most of your queries...
as far as criteria one ..it is not so that 60% is mandatory....most of the companies take their own short business aptitude test for shortlisting students to check the performance of the student in MBA curriculum.
Hope it helped.

@Aman.mnnit Thank you dear.. Got the plenty information..

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mba-national-institute-of-technology-allahabad-25037824/1418809ďťż
@deepak009 said:
@Aman.mnnit Thank you dear.. Got the plenty information..
Please continue there in exiting thread.
regards 😃

hello senior,
1. The 'information brochure' mentioned above by you doesn't provide any information about the percentage of students placed. Can you give me a rough idea on that if not exact..?
2. secondly, what was the CAT cutoff last year. I mean, how much one needs to score (minimum) to have bright chances of getting in (for a fresher, engg background)..?
3. Lastly, is the program fully residential..?
thanks in advance..!

yes, the placements were almost 100% .
CAT cutoff was approx 70%.
And NO the program is not fully Residential. Although Hostel facilities are available to all students if needed.
Hope it Helped ..

OBC CUT OFF LAST YEAR?

obc cut off went to 58 % converted! bt still calls are sent to 5 %tile

*50 %tile

@Aman.mnnit when is the last date and fee structure also in the brochure i can see that software companies are very few ?

please read my post for obc cat cutoff as 50%tile

@jaspreetbhu
@OMG_CAT said:
@Aman.mnnit when is the last date and fee structure also in the brochure i can see that software companies are very few ?
@Aman.mnnit hello sir should i apply with 67.36% ile in nc-obc category??is thr any chance to convert if i perform well in gd pi
10th 64%
12th 70%
grad-btech 59.88%
really interested in mnnit mba....
Hello Seniors..
My profile is given below:

CAT: 72 percentile
10th: 78%
12th: 73%
Grad(B.Sc.): 54% (excluding final year)
Work ex: none.

Please tell me how much possibility is there for me to get into mnnit???

what is expected cutoff percentile for general category?? and when will the forms be out for applying in mnnit?

fee structure???

utkarsh10390 You have a fair chance on that percentile if you perform well in GD/PI.

anki17 You have fair chances. Just do well in GD/PI.