School of Management Studies, Hyderabad Central University. Admissions 2012-2014.

Anyone who needs information on the admission processes and other info regarding the school please post your queries here…

Anyone who needs information on the admission processes and other info regarding the school please post your queries here...

sujaylifra Says
Anyone who needs information on the admission processes and other info regarding the school please post your queries here...

hi ..

1. what is the total intake , break up of reservations for OBC , SC, ST
2. CAT cut off
3. fees for the full course + hostel
4. Placement details ....

Thanks

Hello.....This is Naba Deka ( using Amits ID)

Let me first introduce myself .....I am the Student placement coordinator , SMS(HCU) .Sujay and Sunil who are already active in Pagalguy are the placement team members coordinating for the same purpose .

One and half year back i did lot of research before taking admission as anybody else would do.I came across many positive and negative points, particularly many pagalguy post against the school put me in dilemma. But somehow i thought better not to listen to the highly negative criticisms about the B School because how can i trust somebody who is posting so bad against the institution he/she pursued his MBA from???? Just to let you know, my CAT score was not that good ...so i was trying to analyze the schools in range of 75-90 percentile in CAT considering various parameters.

After 3 semesters, i felt that i must share my personal experience and help the MBA aspirants.
To be frank......i never felt that i made a wrong decision joining here and i have facts and figures to speak against any of the negative posts regarding placements and many other sensitive issues........which i would do from my newly reactivated pagalguy ID as well as Amits for the coming admission period......

Replying to Yuvi...
1. Total Intake is 60, break up as per norms which is standard.
2.CAT cut off for general for the batch 2010-12 was somewhere close to 78-80(admission cut off...not cut off for interview process).... interview calls are given to lower percentiles since there is always a chance to prove yourself in GD and PI
3. Fees is something which a very +ve part of the whole programme, the whole course including hostel accommodation is approximately 1 lac ( For 2 years) , the hostel fee may be increased but it the total won't be more than 1.2 lac.....more interestingly the University pays 1000 Rs as stipend to the students.....
4.Placement statistics of current batch would be posted soon.....

1. Total Intake is 60, break up as per norms which is standard.
2.CAT cut off for general for the batch 2010-12 was somewhere close to 78-80(admission cut off...not cut off for interview process).... interview calls are given to lower percentiles since there is always a chance to prove yourself in GD and PI
3. Fees is something which a very +ve part of the whole programme, the whole course including hostel accommodation is approximately 1 lac ( For 2 years) , the hostel fee may be increased but it the total won't be more than 1.2 lac.....more interestingly the University pays 1000 Rs as stipend to the students.....
4.Placement statistics of current batch would be posted soon.....

My scores are
qa 81.5
va 75
oa 79.83
any chance of being shortlisted
i m from general category
whats the last date to apply?

Let me continue with the most important part.....the placement statistics of the current batch.

It would be approximately 1 month of the placement process if we consider couple of week as vacation in between since December ( After 3rd semester exams).....

No. of students willing to appear for On-Campus placement process: 45 (odd)
No. of companies visited 6
No. of placements till now 13 + 1*
List of companies along with profile and no. of students in bracket....
1. RBI (Grade B officer,1)
2. ICICI Securities ltd. (Snr. Relationaship manager, 3)
3. Pokarna Group ( Sales and marketing, 3)
4. Asian paints ( Sales and marketing, 0)
5. Deloitte ( Market research Analyst ,2)
6. Colgate-Palmolive ( Customer development officer, 3+ 1* wait listed as they are looking for a profile that is more suitable for the concerned candidate)

Highet package
till now (CTC) 10.8LPA
Lowest package till now 3.5 fixed salary + Other benefits
Average would approximately be little more that 5 LPA (CTC) ......a good rate of return on the amount you would be investing for the degree.....

Companies that are confirmed and expected in next couple of week .....
1. Rajiv Gandhi univ for the post of Lecturer/ Assistant professor along with integrated PhD
3. Trans graph for Commodity analyst
4. Cognizant ( Analyst)
4. Tata Business Support Services ( Analyst)
5. TCS ( Has become a regular visitor from this year onwards for analyst profile)

and few more to name for the time being......next statistics regarding placements after 3-4 weeks only.....you may raise other questions regarding facilities, exposure, faculties etc.

Let me continue with the most important part.....the placement statistics of the current batch.

It would be approximately 1 month of the placement process if we consider couple of week as vacation in between since December ( After 3rd semester exams).....

No. of students willing to appear for On-Campus placement process: 45 (odd) which includes few students more inclined towards entrepreneurial opportunities than placements which will cut down the seriously aspirants to 40 odd

6. Colgate-Palmolive ( Customer development officer, 3+ 1* wait listed as they are looking for a profile that is more suitable for the concerned candidate)

Highet package
till now (CTC) 10.8LPA
Average would approximately be little more that 5 LPA (CTC) ......a good rate of return on the amount you would be investing for the degree.....

1. Rajiv Gandhi univ for the post of Lecturer/ Assistant professor along with integrated PhD
4. Cognizant ( Analyst)
5. TCS ( Has become a regular visitor from this year onwards for analyst profile)

and few more to name for the time being......next statistics regarding placements after 3-4 weeks only.....you may raise other questions regarding facilities, exposure, faculties etc.

The most important aspect.... the brand HCU is so well recognized in Hyderabad that it becomes easy to get and Off campus job......ofcourse, the package and profile depends on your capabilities and aspirations. Good Luck....

Yes.....one important quote to reply many of the previous threads.....

The list of companies and the selections would not have been possible without the coordination of FACULTY PLACEMENT COORDINATOR and the support form other faculty members as and when required.........

@ Rajesh: yes....if you have applied.......if not....there is a possibility to extend the date of applying, let us confirm with that and then post it.

My scores are
qa 81.5
va 75
oa 79.83
any chance of being shortlisted
i m from general category
whats the last date to apply?

yes....if you have applied.......if not....there is a possibility to extend the date of applying, let us confirm with that and then post it.

hello seniors
i got 44%le in cat :banghead: applied for the university am an OBC candidate can i expect a call for GD/PI

hello seniors
i got 44%le in cat :banghead: applied for the university am an OBC candidate can i expect a call for GD/PI

if u get a call fr gdpi it will be miracle.....if ur in SC/ST, chances r thr.... hope fr best.....gd luck
sunilk86 Says
if u get a call fr gdpi it will be miracle.....if ur in SC/ST, chances r thr.... hope fr best.....gd luck

so my chances are minimum
can u please inform me about last years least %le GD/ PI call for obc

No. of students willing to appear for On-Campus placement process: 45 (odd) which includes few students more inclined towards entrepreneurial opportunities than placements which will cut down the seriously aspirants to 40 odd

Highet package
till now (CTC) 10.8LPA

4. Cognizant ( Analyst)

The most important aspect.... the brand HCU is so well recognized in Hyderabad that it becomes easy to get and Off campus job......ofcourse, the package and profile depends on your capabilities and aspirations. Good Luck....

I respect your honest reply . Can you tell me when they are going to announce gd/Pi dates .

Thanks in Advance

any new developments at hcu placements? and i've heard that gdpi shortlist will be out in march first week, is it right, seniors?also please confirm whether it will be possible to get hostel accomodation during the first year. though i am from hyderabad, my place is very far from the university, and i will prefer the hostel if possible.

Sireeshy Says
any new developments at hcu placements? and i've heard that gdpi shortlist will be out in march first week, is it right, seniors?also please confirm whether it will be possible to get hostel accomodation during the first year. though i am from hyderabad, my place is very far from the university, and i will prefer the hostel if possible.

u will get hostel accommodation.. for which u have to apply during admition....GDPI list is out.... Its on 28, 29 th feb and 1st march

Guys wht was the last date to apply?

got call @ 84.6% (OBC) .....
Can somebody tell calls to seats ratio.