School matriculation advice

Hi all, Wanted some advice on school selection. I was lucky enough to get into the following a)Cornell(20K) b)Carnegie c)Duke d)UCLA(30K) Short term goal -MC with a named firm or an operations strategy boutique.IB as an alternative. …

Hi all,
Wanted some advice on school selection.
I was lucky enough to get into the following
a)Cornell(20K)
b)Carnegie
c)Duke
d)UCLA(30K)
Short term goal -MC with a named firm or an operations strategy boutique.IB as an alternative.
LTG - work in India ,so school reputation at home is important.

I will be a career changer IT/semiconductor operations.Would prefer to have both MC andIB options.

Need to get back to UCLA in 7 days .Any insight on which school you think is better is welcome. It is hard to decide without visiting.
Regards,
Chimni

Aah..the classic dilemma...thats an interesting range of schools..nicely done...

MC and IB are the usual suspects, hope you have explored other options..

This is how I would rank your options:
1>Duke seems to stand out as a GM school. It's also one of the most multi-dimensional programs of the four.

2>Cornell - Overall, a good school, ranked slightly above UCLA

3>CM - Does an fair job with consulting. An excellent choice when it comes to jobs in the industry. Also, good brand equity in India.

4>UCLA - Dont know much about this school. Somehow it does not seem to be a core school for MC or IB, strong in entertainment . But if you are wish to stay on the West coast - nothing better. You could ask for more time to make up your mind. You could ask Linda Abraham from accepted.com, she's an alumna.

Good luck.

Hi all,
a)Cornell(20K)
b)Carnegie
c)Duke
d)UCLA(30K)
Short term goal -MC with a named firm or an operations strategy boutique.IB as an alternative.
LTG work in India ,so school reputation at home is important.

I will be a career changer IT/semiconductor operations.Would prefer to have both MC andIB options.

Need to get back to UCLA in 7 days .Any insight on which school you think is better is welcome. It is hard to decide without visiting.
Regards,
Chimni
Hi all,
a)Cornell(20K)
b)Carnegie
c)Duke
d)UCLA(30K)
LTG work in India ,so school reputation at home is important.

Regards,
Chimni

My personal choice would be:
1) Tepper
2) Duke
3) Johnson
4) UCLA

what does Simba say on the choices?

Kunal

Hey thanks for your opinion people.
Tough one this.
Dropped Tepepr .Dent a mail to Laurie Stewart .
so down to three.

Michigan up next so may be back to 4. In which case UCLA will go
and back down to 3:)

mba06 good point about duke being the most diverse with respect to career opportunity