Scholarships in MBA Univs

Hi, This is my first thread in Pagalguy. My profile: Did my B-tech (2005 Pass-out) from IIT Kgp with a CGPA of nearly 8. 4 years of work exp in IT. Did my GMAT in 2008 with a score of 740. My queries: 1. How can I get …

Hi,

This is my first thread in Pagalguy. My profile:

Did my B-tech (2005 Pass-out) from IIT Kgp with a CGPA of nearly 8.
4 years of work exp in IT.
Did my GMAT in 2008 with a score of 740.

My queries:

1. How can I get information on any scholarships that are offered for doing MBA in India/Abroad. Are the scholarships offered by the univs the only choice or are there organisations offering scholarships irrespective of the university.

2. I wrote my G-Mat in 2008, but didnt do any applications in 2008 due to personal reasons. I am not planning to re-write my G-Mat and am planning to apply this year with my score from 2008. Does the delay betwee writing G-Mat and the aplying to colleges matter?

I am sorry if threads for these exist already. I did a search and couldnt find anything.

Any help is appreciated.

- Santhosh

Hi Santosh,

Welcome to the forum. There are threads on this topic already. But to quickly answer your question:

1. There are two kinds of scholarships. The first one is offered by the school/university that you apply to. These could be specific to the nation, industry, background or purely merit based. Some may have need based scholarships as well. Check out the school website to find specific details.
The second category is general and not connected to any specific school. For instance, the Chevening Scholarships. There may be fixed quotas for each nationality.
Either ways, these schols are all fiercely competitive in nature and you'd better have a really strong profile if you want a good shot at these.

2. No. It doesn't matter when you apply as long as your GMAT score is relevant.

And btw, congrats on the great score.

Thanks for the reply.

Also is it possible for you to direct me to any posts already present on scholarships. I would like to check on the scholarships not connected with any specific school.

Thanks in advance.

Does SP Jain Global provide Scholarship on the basis of my GMAT score?