SBI PO 2015 Preparation & Discussion

Alright guys, well, congratulations to those who made it to PO 2014. Sadly many of us didn't. But let's not lose up. Today is a new day and tomorrow shall be too. Let's fasten up our seatbelts & gear up for 2015. Another opportunity awaits. Let's help each other & let us all get in together. We'll not only talk about SBI, but other Bank Exams as well. Hoping for some support from all of you. Also those who got in this time. Please guide us.

@luxor This thread here. Mere se to link paste ho nahin raha. You give it a try. Let it reach as many people as possible.

So the first official post here. Let us discuss the preparation strategy everyone adopted. I really don't have anything to add to this section though. I never prepare or anything as such. Maybe that is why I don't make it. So guys. Please share your strategies so that we may all benefit from them. Thank you. 😁

when 2015 notification expected???

Hi,

MY EXPERIENCE:

Written:

I had my exam on June 15th, afternoon slot. (Little back story: I cleared IBPS PO 3 and got a bank which decided to give joining in Oct 2014. As there wasn't any info about my bank's joining at the time of SBI notification I applied for it.) Did lots of online mock tests(especially mahendra's STs), studied GK and marketing capsules during the 15 days before exam. I attempted 155 approx (Gen category) in the objective test. Forgot to give a title to precis in the descriptive πŸ˜›

As I checked online average attempts of people were around 120 so I was convinced that I won't get borderline marks.

Result came, I cleared as expected. Got GDPI on Oct 20. Just as I was starting to prepare docs and stuff for GDPI my IBPS bank asked to join at the end of October. I took a bold decision and asked them extension till December (as that bank had 2 lakhs bond for 3 years and 3 months notice period meaning I'll have to pay approx. 3 lakhs if I left after joining).

GDPI: Same panel for GD and PI (3 men and 1 lady in my case)

GD: Topic was 'what ails sports in India' I am the last but one speaker. Panel members were annoyed that most of the candidates repeated the same points.

PI: One panelist asked few questions from my B.Tech branch, the other mentioned about my hobby written in bio data (reading books) and asked me what my favorite book was and about its author and story in brief. The chairman was impressed. One member tried to corner me by asking some not so easy questions about economy and I tried my best to answer. He asked what newspapers I read. The lady asked basic banking questions. And she asked 'as a girl, what problems do you think you'll face in banking?' and asked questions to see if I'll put my career or family first. Then almost all members asked questions from general knowledge. Near the end they mentioned that almost every candidate was repeating the same thing over and over in GD but I was short and to the point. The chairman asked if I was like that by nature. I said 'yes sir I'm an introvert.' They all pitched in and gave advice that dealing with customers needs good talking skills etc. I agreed. (Another short backstory: after GD and before PI we were called to fill TA forms and one officer unnecessarily yelled at me infront of other candidates. I was so angry but as I couldn't do anything, just kept quiet and counted backwards from 1000 in my head πŸ˜› ) At the end of the interview Chairman asked why I wasn't smiling and if my health was okay πŸ˜ƒ In the end I said 'thank you, have a nice day'and the chairman wished me 'Happy Diwali' (kind of got the feeling that I'll make it at this point), I wished back.

CONCLUSION:

Waited desperately for the result, did nothing for few days except refreshing SBI site. It even came in my dreams. Finally, the result came and I made it

πŸ˜ƒ

EDIT: Many are calling me bro so clarifying that I'm a female. Thanks.
EDIT: Got 136/200 in Objective, 27/50 in Descriptive, 15/20 in GD and 25/30 in PI overall 68.90/100 πŸ˜ƒ

Hi guys,

I am selected in the PO recruitment process this year.I hadn't prepared for the written examination as such and appeared in the written examination only because my parents and a special friend(I hope you people understandΒ )wanted me to.

Anyways,firstly I would just list some points related to pre-exam period which I think should help:

1.Practice DI and LR questions as much as you can of varying difficulty levels as it varies every year.This year DI part was very difficult compared to previous years.

2.English section is easy and practice of some basic grammar is required. That's all!!

3.For Marketing, General and Computer awareness you can find a lot of websites and relevant pages on facebook. Like all the pages with current/banking awareness questions on them so that whenever you log in your home page is flooded with current affairs.

4.For Descriptive exam, first of all get some basic idea about all the types of questions asked.Wren and Martin is good to start with.

I would like to suggest the book by Arihant Publications for SBI PO preparation.It helped me a lot.

Another important point, practise as many mock papers as you can. This is what helped me the most. Start attempting atleast 1 mock test a day from a month before your exam.Try attempting as many questions as you can with accuracy more than 90%.After attempting the test, take a break, relax your mind and then analyse your mistakes.Analyse your weakness and try to stop wasting time on it during the exam and identify your strengths and try making the most out of them.

Accuracy is very important.I attempted 106 questions and got selected.(General category)

Now I would list a few topics I found easy and attempted them first:

LR:

1.Input-Output type questions.

2.Simple arrangements(not the opposite facing ones or circular ones)

3.coding-decoding

4.Number and words arrangement.

English:

1.Reading Comprehensions(Here you can easily score 10-12 out of 15)

2.Finding the errors.

3.Completing the paragraph.

GA,Marketing,Banking Awareness:

Marketing and computer awareness questions

4.DI

Try searching for easy simple questions in the paper. Avoid getting stuck at any question.

My attempt strategy and no of attempts:

1.DI-(40 min)-16 attempts

2.LR-(35 min)-26 attempts

3.English-(30 min)-39 attempts

4.GA-(15 min)-25 attempts

I attempted LR and DI first because they need a high level of concentration and attempting them at last may make you commit silly calculation mistakes and cost you much.

I will share my interview experience too with you guys very soon. All the best for the upcoming exams and results friends.If anyone needs any sort of help,you can drop a mail at [email protected]

I will be downloading eBooks and Sample Papers, Practice sheets etc guys. If not frequently, then occasionally. But I surely will. So, all those who would like the Material, please post your email addresses to me. The content will be shared with all of you. 😁

Which topic(s) do you find hard and would like me to search for some eBooks and practice sheets for.?

Anyone appearing or already appeared for IBPS CWE for Clerical Cadre. If already appeared, post your number of attempts. 😁

pls suggest the best test series to join for sbi po....planing to appear in 2015....and how to prepare for the exam...

tell me a thing... is it guaranteed that next year again SBI, IBPS and other exams that we are preparing will conduct recruitment drives. even if they do, will there be enough vacancies to keep competition SANE and PRACTICAL..

I am asking because this is very risky... prepare a year for the exams that may or mayn't even happen.

Any good online source to practise SBI PO level DI question???Β 

hii all !!!

Anyone preparing diligently for SBI PO ? Let me know !!

anyone joined any test series......kindly suggest.....which test series would be best to join.....

2015 me SBI PO honge? if yes, kab honge?

Hi Puys...having failed devastatingly in cat 2014, its time for me to widen my options. I have absolutely zero idea about bank exams...can you all pls guide me....what all the options i have? when will all the exams start and more info? I am a mech engineer with 20 months work ex ....thanks in advance

Guys, Please help in best coaching centre for SBI PO in Delhi NCR out of following:

1. career power

2. paramount

3. Mahendra Inst.

can anyone tell me exam dates for 2015-16 batch. and dates for form submission for sbi po....

could any one suggest a good online resource for DI practice......and also for fill in the blanks(english section)....

which test series is better-career power or bsc