Save the life of the baby in CHENNAI

Guys, I have received a mail from one of my friends regd a 6 months old baby whose parents require money for her operation. **************** **From: Stanis Raja **Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 9:32 AM **Subject: Urgent-Help …

Guys,
I have received a mail from one of my friends regd a 6 months old baby whose parents require money for her operation.

Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 9:32 AM
Subject: Urgent-Help needed for a 6 month old Baby's open heart surgery

Dear Friends,

Pls do help and forward this to your friends & relatives to help a 6 month old baby for her open heart surgery.

This is bring it to your kind notice, to support a 6 month old baby for her open heart surgery. We (Spark - Voluntary services group) had a quick meeting to discuss how we can help for the open heart surgery of tht baby.

Details abt the Baby :

Name of the Child : L . VARSHA
Date of Birth : 09.08.2004
Father's Name : Lakshmanan
Type of Surgery =20Open Heart Surgery
Hospital : International Centre for Cardio
Thoracic And Vascular Diseases (A unit of Frontier Lifeline Pvt Ltd), Mogappair, Chennai - 101.
Doctor Examined : Dr.K.M.CHERIAN - Chairman & CEO

Background of Parents:
Mother of the child is house wife and born with 3 sisters. Father of the child is Mr.LAKSHMANAN running a vegetable shop in Koyambedu Vegetable Market, Chennai along with his brother. Staying in a rented building at Virugambakkam, Chennai. Lower Middle Class family

We contacted the child's father Mr.Lakshmanan to gather more information about the baby's surgery.

Please find the details that we collected.

a, The Child is goin to be admitted in the International Centre for Cardio Thoracic And Vascular Diseases, Mogappair, tomorrow. (9 th March 2005). Both her cardiac valves are not grown properly. She will be requiring another operation two years later.
b, The Angiogram test for Varsha will be done on the next day.
c, After the Angiogram the surgery will be done in a day or two. (by this week end)
d, The total expenditure for the surgery, hospitalization and tests comes around Rs. 1,75,000.00
e, Initial amount of Rs. 50,000 has to be paid during the admission to hosptial (i.e) tomorrow.
d, Varsha's Father has already arranged for Rs. 57,000. so the initial money needed for admission to hospital is already been arranged.

Varsha's Father Mr. Lakshmanan can be contaced in the following Phone number.

Mobile : 98411 77392
Landline : 55484710
Address : 79/9, AVM Avenue, III Street,
Virugambakkam, Chennai - 92.

Hosptial Address

Dr. K.M. Cherian,
International Centre for Cardiothoracic and Vascular Diseases,
R 30-C, Ambattur Industrial Estate Road,
Mogappair, Chennai - 600 101

The following are the action plans of Spark.

1, Spark will contribute Rs. 10,000 from it's Funds for Varsha's open hear surgery.
2, Spark member's will visit Varsha in the hospital tomorrow and will pay Rs. 10,000 directly in the hosptial for her surgery.
3, Spark member's will seek the help of other good will hearts to help Varsha's surgery as we helped for Child Bakyalakshmi's heart surgery and made it a success two years back at the same time of year. (2003). We expect we can do our best to help Varsha as we did for Child Bakyalakshmi. Please send us a note if you pay the amount directly at the hosptial to keep track of amount collected.

Note: Since the information reached us at the eleventh hour and the
operation is scheduled in 3 or 4 days and the child is in a critical
stage, it requires a swift action to expedite the proces of mobilizing
funds through direct & indirect sources.

You can directly contact the baby's parents (or) contact the following
persons for your contribution

Babu - 98412 98722
Arun - 98412 91275
Shiva - 98408 68802

Stanis - 9884498418

I have talked to Stanis (b4 posting) & the current satatus is that they collected around 80K. They still require another 75k. The child would be operated today.

Im sure the baby would also require post-operation medicare & your contribution can make a difference.

BUT Please don't contribute blindly. Call up at these no's, talk to them & figure out what are their current requirements. People in chennai can go & meet the parents personally before contributing.
If we can help Varsha, it would be yet another moment to show that we CARE!!!
Regards,
Ashish