Salary At Isb Hyderabad Higher Than The Iims

hi all when i was surfing i jus came to know form the following link that the salaries offered at isb hyderabad r higher than that of those offered in the iims… http://www.rediff.com/money/2004/mar/31isb.htm how far is it true…

hi all
when i was surfing i jus came to know form the following link that the salaries
offered at isb hyderabad r higher than that of those offered in the iims....

http://www.rediff.com/money/2004/mar/31isb.htm

how far is it true....and whats the admission procedure for isb......and the fees.... please help me by answering my queries.......

cya
kapil

Dunno abt the placement stats.
For more info abt ISB, check this.
http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/viewtopic.php?t=2032
Else PM Simba 😉

Salaries offered at isb are higher than iims in many cases . last year , a person joined my company and she was from isb , and going by the general salary of iim grads last yr , it was higher . me infact had talked to her about this , she also responded that its not the case for everyone but most of her colleagues at isb were offered big salaries.

Ramki is an ex - isb ... he has given some good insight on isb and his experience at isb

http://gyaan.blogspot.com/

Business Today has an article on this very issue.

The salaries offered at ISB (average, domestic, overseas) is much higher that any of the IIM's.

The domestic average is higer by almost 2 lack. The number of offers made too are higher, specially is the overseas department.

I dont think that overall something like this could be said. True the Higest salary offerd is very high ... in the tune of 20 lakh rs. and so in the foreign offer.

But then the very imp. fact is that IN SPITE of the higest being 20 lakh and many high salary offers at ISB THE AVG IS STILL 9 Lakh. that invaribly means that there are many low salary offers too making the avg. lower. ... and that after spending 15lakh there. They never comeout with a median salary figure, which is bond to be low in such cases

Again the major factor of heavy workex of the batch is being neglected. Plus also the fact that most offers are from and due to the companies involved in promoting ISB. How far will a degree from ISB hold in open market is a very imp. question with no clear answer, while a degree from IIM has got unquestinable repute in open market.

hi

guys look at ISB salary more closely. in mycoompany one guy from ISB came for job, we offered him 30k kinda salary and he said his loan EMI is 50k. the highest salary is 22lakh p.a. and average saklary is 9 lakh and it is not median slary, this means 60-70% junta is below average and is hovering around much lower. further i saw figures that TCS tok some 7-8 students at 4.5 lakh salary,

also see this classic story

http://www.coolavenues.com/placements/2002/isb_02.php3

i think this is the fiurst time hype of ISB was punctured

also see a para about ISB in this article

http://www.coolavenues.com/placements/2004/return_native.php3

The morale is " A lucky one at ISB is better off than unlucky one at IIMs"

In all other cases IIM rulez

-sid

PS : I'm highly biased towards IIMs

hi all

how far is it true....and whats the admission procedure for isb......and the fees.... please help me by answering my queries.......

cya
kapil

Hi Kapil,

All I want to add here. Everything depends on ur experience prior to doing an MBA either at IIMs or at ISB. If I am entering ISB after getting a salary of 5 LKHs pa .. then obviously, I am looking at graduating with more than 10Lkhs, atleast. 😃 Its almost the same with IIMs.. they respect ur industry knowledge & ur area of expertise!!

Simbaaaaa

Hi Dude,

Well judging by the figures n newspapers n all I wud say ISB commands a higher average sal. But this is due to the fact that ISB has a whole lotta foreign placements.

My take is if u wanna work in India then go 4 an IIM otherwise u wud be better of at ISB( if u can cough up 15l for fees).

Pankaj.

I don't think ISB's overseas palcements beat that of A/B/C ....
and ABC have a much higher brand value than ISB ...though it is catching up fast.

The USP of ISB is that it is a one year course ..so many a work-ex people prefer this as it saves them an opportunity cost of 1 year....and it also gets difficult to get into the CAT groove.....after 4-5 yrs of work-ex.

I think comparing the salaries between IIMs and ISB is not too fair as IIMs have more than 50% as freshers while the avg work ex of ISB is ~4-5 yrs....

Hey everyone..

One important fact to consider is that ISB has people only WITH workex in the range of 2-5 years..now these people do not get the same job from a company that an IIM fresher guy gets...i.e. these chaps get a lateral(not an entry level job).

Comparing the two figures would be like comparing apples and oranges...the only fair comparision would be b/w ISB figures and IIM Lateral figures..i.e. placement stats for people who have come to an IIM with workex.

So while an iim fresher will join as a management trainee in most companies the ISB guy will invariably be joining one step ahead of this...but the point is that the IIM fresher will be at the same position/salary once he has reached the age of the ISB guy.

The only difference being that the ISB guy would have his work-ex split up into pre-MBA and post-MBA while the IIM fresher would have all of his work-ex post-MBA.

So in the end it squares up..so regardless of whether u join a job/ISB or join IIM u would at a particular point in time be earning the same..assuming that your performance is constant.

Foreign placements at ISB are actualy not that good and the 9Lak figure is explicitly stated as domestic avg.

As far as comparisions between IIM/ISB go: I am from an IIT and the people from our college who went to ISB with really good work-ex have done really well there..but for the vast majority of pople going to ISB(including chaps from IIT with mediocre work-ex) the work-ex they have is not really that good and invariably they are not able to leverage it well. Hence the USP of ISB is unutilized.
Cheers

As far as comparisions between IIM/ISB go: I am from an IIT and the people from our college who went to ISB with really good work-ex have done really well there..but for the vast majority of pople going to ISB(including chaps from IIT with mediocre work-ex) the work-ex they have is not really that good and invariably they are not able to leverage it well. Hence the USP of ISB is unutilized.
Cheers

Hey Legolas..
What wud mediocre work-ex mean ... u mean Infy/TCS types ??

Well i firmly believe that partly solid work-ex is due to which company u are in and partly what u make of it..so to blindly categorise one company as mediocre and the other as good would be foolish.

I have seen people from the same company going to ISB one chap walking out with a salary twice of the others so empirical evidence would concur with my stance.

So i would guard against namely one company as mediocre and another as solid. Having said that 90 % of the class does come from IT so if you are non-IT then you do stand out and it becomes easy to differentiate yourself..which ofcourse does not mean that these guys are the only ones who will do well but they MIGHT have an edge.

read in the BUSINESS WORLD ... ISB has a fee of 13 lakhs ... that is a deterrent !!!

also, they already have 250 students in a course .. they havent' recovered their costs in 4 years .. to do that they would require to up the intake to 500 !!!

well .. starting salaries should not be the only criterion ... that's all i can say ...

saw the photo of isb college.looks like a five star hotel.wonder if a guy from a middle class background will get an inferiority complex(guess most students will be from an affluent background)

hi

guys look at ISB salary more closely. in mycoompany one guy from ISB came for job, we offered him 30k kinda salary and he said his loan EMI is 50k. the highest salary is 22lakh p.a. and average saklary is 9 lakh and it is not median slary, this means 60-70% junta is below average and is hovering around much lower. further i saw figures that TCS tok some 7-8 students at 4.5 lakh salary,

also see this classic story

http://www.coolavenues.com/placements/2002/isb_02.php3

i think this is the fiurst time hype of ISB was punctured

also see a para about ISB in this article

http://www.coolavenues.com/placements/2004/return_native.php3

Rinku_755, are u associated with Coolavenues in any manner? would very much appreciate a direct answer. so far every single post of yours has cited articles from that site, not that we have a major porblem with that, but sure wud like to know....and i guess, the junta here wud be better off if they have an idea of who is posting what.... :)

Cheers
hi all

cya
kapil

Hi

Would any of u know how many months of work experience are required b4 the MBA to be actually eligible for lateral placements??

Thanks
Hi

Would any of u know how many months of work experience are required b4 the MBA to be actually eligible for lateral placements??

Thanks

Generally it should be arnd 22/24 months of workex to be eligible for lateral placements at B Skools...

My view on your observation:
When ever you compare the 'highest' salaries, remember that to get the true picture u need to also see the profile of the single guy(gal ) who got it...
otherwise...best is to compare te avg. salaries...if u havent got a similar profile...does it matter to you wat the highest salary was?...that 'highest' job wont be yours anyway!

Apply quant skills...all Bskools quote a highest salary of say XX lakhs...and then their avg. salary may be less than even half of that...analysis will thus tell you how skewed the salaries are within the same batch...
and this implies that the skewedness is due to the profile of the individual... thus dont get swayed by ONLY highest salaries...
one of the best jobs on a campus ranked lower WILL be better than the worst jobs on a campus ranked higher...it depends on the match of your profile and the insti...

Hi!!!

The lateral payments,apart from no of yrs of experience depend on industry to industry and the exact profile u had before ur MBA...

Any idea what are the current salary ranges at isb??