SAIL 2011 MT(T/A) discussion

Hi, This is a thread for the discussion of SAIL 2011 MT (Technical -318/ Administration -57) recruitment. Written test was conducted on Sep 25, 2011, results announced on Nov 16, and interview dates on Jan 12, 2012. 1053 students were sh…

Hi,

This is a thread for the discussion of SAIL 2011 MT (Technical -318/ Administration -57) recruitment.

Written test was conducted on Sep 25, 2011, results announced on Nov 16, and interview dates on Jan 12, 2012. 1053 students were shortlisted for the GD/PI stage.

Please use this thread for the discussion of GD topics and interview questions/ feedback. Kindly refrain from spamming.

My interview is on Feb 7 at Chennai.
Category- GEN, Branch- Instrumentation

Hi,

This is a thread for the discussion of SAIL 2011 MT (Technical -318/ Administration -57) recruitment.

Written test was conducted on Sep 25, 2011, results announced on Nov 17, and interview dates on Jan 12, 2012. 1053 students were shortlisted for the GD/PI stage.

Please use this thread for the discussion of GD topics and interview questions/ feedback. Kindly refrain from spamming.

Gustakhi maaf ho but, One little correction, :splat:

Written Result out on 16th Nov about 8:30 P.M

my date on 7 feb @mumbai,electrical

My interview is on Feb 12 at Delhi(Same day of GATE) :shocked::shocked:
Category- GEN, Branch- Mechanical

My interview is on Feb 5,mumbai,electrical. and thankx a lot for creating this thread !

interview at kolkata on 7 feb branch metallurgy..any idea about no of vacancies in metallurgy

cpmohanty Says
interview at kolkata on 7 feb branch metallurgy..any idea about no of vacancies in metallurgy

The vacancies have been mentioned in total i.e. 318(For technical). I don't think it has been separately mentioned for all branches.

Is there anyone having interview on 12th Feb?

niteshkumar2010 Says
Is there anyone having interview on 12th Feb?

This guy. 😃
aspcat Says
This guy. :)

ya...i have my interview on 12th Feb and i talked to a guy (number given in interview letter) told him that i have my gate exam on the same date he asked me to write a mail regarding rescheduling the interview......i sent the email but haven't got any reply yet nor they have updated my interview letter.

Documents are available on sail.shine.com . Plz download and take 4 copies of biodata.pdf and agg.pdf

Interview dates may get postponed. I had got my interview postponed for NPCIL twice.

Interview dates may get postponed. I had got my interview postponed for NPCIL twice.

Hi guys,
A sincere request to share all your exam cracking experience in the below post,

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/career-discussions/76748-to-crack-sail.html

Hi guys,

Which branch are you from? If Instrumentation, I can help.

Irrespective of your Engg discipline, going to a coaching institute is unnecessary. Just be thorough with the basics. Get hold of a book which has plenty of objective questions from theory and one word answers. No need to delve into high level problems. Be clear with all formulae. That should help you crack the technical part.

Also, solve aptitude questions from topics like interest rates, stocks, time speed and distance etc. Only simple questions will be asked. You may skip this depending on your skill.
Keep abreast of current affairs, HQ of major organizations like UN, IAEA, recent award winners in sports etc as there is a GK section.
Polish grammar skills- prepositions, paragraph reading etc for the VA section. Again, you may skip this.

Feel free to ask doubts and we will try to help.

Cheers.
Hi guys,

Practice practice practice !Don't lose hope! M also a 2011 passout (Electrical and Electronics) . Also had a back in Power system in 6th sem. cleared it in 8th sem . I hv qualified GATE 2011 with 97 %ile (I know its nothing to boast of,still considering my profile, it might give u some motivation). During College years I was in love with a gal. Screwed up all three years of B.tech, studied nothing. Spent my final year crying for she dumped me. In 8th sem managed to brush up my basics. Cleared State Electricity Board,NPCIL and SAIL. Though cudn't qualify in interview of UPPCL and NPCIL. Now its SAIL I hv my stakes on. (My college is in Varanasi! So cudn't take any coaching, Still I m preparing on my own) Have faith in GOD and keep working hard. U'll succeed one day.
Which branch are you from? If Instrumentation, I can help.

Irrespective of your Engg discipline, going to a coaching institute is unnecessary. Just be thorough with the basics. Get hold of a book which has plenty of objective questions from theory and one word answers. No need to delve into high level problems. Be clear with all formulae. That should help you crack the technical part.

Also, solve aptitude questions from topics like interest rates, stocks, time speed and distance etc. Only simple questions will be asked. You may skip this depending on your skill.
Keep abreast of current affairs, HQ of major organizations like UN, IAEA, recent award winners in sports etc as there is a GK section.
Polish grammar skills- prepositions, paragraph reading etc for the VA section. Again, you may skip this.

Feel free to ask doubts and we will try to help.

Cheers.

Oh thank you, I think am a bit close.. Am from Mechanical engg group...
I have purchased some general apps and technical books from market . If you ask me i'd rate myself good on verbal and logical reasoning . Have to brush up my technical stuff and get practiced in apps ..
😉 Looks the way you are telling that you can leave almost skip the entire Quants and grammar... can we do it in technical n verbal parts alone ?
Any idea on the sectional cut off on technical and apps part ?
And also this year Bhel has released results with marks scored by each candidate? Do we have SAIL doing that ?
imfree5 Says
Practice practice practice !Don't lose hope! M also a 2011 passout (Electrical and Electronics) . Also had a back in Power system in 6th sem. cleared it in 8th sem . I hv qualified GATE 2011 with 97 %ile (I know its nothing to boast of,still considering my profile, it might give u some motivation). During College years I was in love with a gal. Screwed up all three years of B.tech, studied nothing. Spent my final year crying for she dumped me. In 8th sem managed to brush up my basics. Cleared State Electricity Board,NPCIL and SAIL. Though cudn't qualify in interview of UPPCL and NPCIL. Now its SAIL I hv my stakes on. (My college is in Varanasi! So cudn't take any coaching, Still I m preparing on my own) Have faith in GOD and keep working hard. U'll succeed one day.

Thanks dude.. how optimistic !!.Well, what can i say.. No jokes here but what you have done after what you have went through, is one which gives you every right to boost and brag.. No 2 ways.. Everything's for good..
am from Mechanical dept ..And am havin the idea of self prep too..
Is there any special syllabus that comes for SAIL ?
Any suggestion for good material or author tat i cud follow ?