Said-Oxford VS IIMB-PGSM

Hi Guys, I have offers from SAID-Oxford and IIM-B’s PGSM. I am finding it difficult to make a choice. Any suggestions weighing the colleges against each other will be of great help. Thanks, Sunil

Hi Guys,

I have offers from SAID-Oxford and IIM-B's PGSM. I am finding it difficult to make a choice.

Any suggestions weighing the colleges against each other will be of great help.

Thanks,
Sunil

Hi Guys,

I have offers from SAID-Oxford and IIM-B's PGSM. I am finding it difficult to make a choice.

Any suggestions weighing the colleges against each other will be of great help.

Thanks,
Sunil

Sunil
Can you post something more about , yourself
which round admit at ox?
GMATs/Work ex
et al
Thanks

My Profile:
GMAT : 710
Experience: 4 and 1/2 yrs in IT.

Thanks,
Sunil

hhhhhhhhhdfsghhhhhhhhhh

hello,
Congrats for realizing your dream.
Can you put some more light on your profile. Like what extra did you do to add to ur profile and whats ur academic background to help IT guys like us to see whether
we stnad cahnce of coming to such great Bschools.
When everybody is giving the perception that its very difficult for IT guys to enter
into Top B Schools as there are so many IT rof in the market.

Thanks in advance

Regds
HMG

My Profile:
GMAT : 710
Experience: 4 and 1/2 yrs in IT.

Thanks,
Sunil

Dosa bhai,I am no stud mate....I could not even make it to ISB. And abt Oxford I applied in 3rd round.Himanshu, abt there being a lot of IT guys applying for MBAs, that discrimination was shown to me only by ISB, as if it is a crime to be in the sunshine industry. As long as your GMAT score is good and you are able to justify your career development in your essays you stand a very good chance of getting into these colleges. Infact it makes IT guys easier to get into these schools 'coz most of us would have the exposure to international customers in our careers.

Hello,
I am not dosa i am aloo ka parath..:)) i am from delhi....
thanks for replying and clearing the clouds on this wrong perception spread by few people to demotivate the IT people.
I will be grateful if you can list ur profile here - yrs of exp, gmat score,
area of work, extra curr (during job), college etc.
and are u getting any scholarship? what abt the loan is it easy to get in UK?

thanks
regds
HMG

sypatil Says
Dosa bhai,I am no stud mate....I could not even make it to ISB. And abt Oxford I applied in 3rd round.Himanshu, abt there being a lot of IT guys applying for MBAs, that discrimination was shown to me only by ISB, as if it is a crime to be in the sunshine industry. As long as your GMAT score is good and you are able to justify your career development in your essays you stand a very good chance of getting into these colleges. Infact it makes IT guys easier to get into these schools 'coz most of us would have the exposure to international customers in our careers.
congratulations sypatil... sbs is a gr8 shcools.. been hearing good reviews about the same... not heard much about PGSM.... sbs had a neat placements in 2005 ...could u give inputs on the interview with sbs???... did u get any scholarships??

cheers:

You are comparing apples to oranges. SBS is a full-time 1 year MBA whereas IIMB PGSM is a 2.5 year part-time course. There is a fundamental difference in both.

Let me know if you need any specific advice when comparing part-time to full-time courses.

Arun