S P Jain Center of Management (SPJCM) - Dubai/Singapore Apr'12 Intake

Hello everyone, Admissions for the SP Jain Global MBA April 2012 intake are now open. Check out the details here: http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/19365-ask-sp-jain-dubai-singapore-778.html Th…

Hello everyone,

Admissions for the SP Jain Global MBA April 2012 intake are now open.

Check out the details here: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ask-sp-jain-school-of-global-management-dubai-singapore-sydney-official-admission-query-thread-25019365

The November 2011 intake discussion thread here: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/s-p-jain-centre-of-management-spjcm-dubai-singapore-nov11-intake-25067652

If you're interested in applying and have any queries, then feel free to post them here.

We hope to see you as a part of SP Jain April 2012 batch!

My interview experience of SP Jain is posted at
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/67652-s-p-jain-centre-management-29.html#post2956666

Another post about interview experience, lady from April' 11 batch:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/60370-sp-jain-april-2011-intake-34.html#post2521428

These posts should give you a good idea about the interview at SP Jain.

Eligibility criterion here: Eligibility & Requirements for GMBA @ S P Jain Center of Management, Dubai, Singapore, Sydney

FAQs here: Frequently Asked Questions about SP Jain's GMBA Program

The Placement details of the April 2010 entry batch can be found here. The November 2010 entry batch details are expected soon: Corporate Partners & Alumni Presence - S P Jain Center of Management, Dubai, Singapore, Sydney

great initiative guys
@all prospective candidates:
please let us know if you got any queries regarding the program?

I am all set to join Marketing batch in Apr, 12.
For tidbits on How to Crack an MBA interview, refer to my blog post:
The Marketing Universe

Cheers,
Ankit

Hi,

I attended interview for Nov 2011 Intake but couldn't clear that time. Can i apply again to check out my luck or is it better not to go for it again.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Anil

Hey,

I would say if you are still interested in MBA and SP Jain is offering the degree in your interest area just go for it.

As you have already appeared for the process once you know the pattern of questions that come up both during evaluation and during interview. So you will be better prepared than most of the candidates around.

All the best.

how can i apply for SPJAT happening on 18th dec...???

Aptitude Test for S P Jain's Global MBA Program

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have few doubts:

The fees is around 20 lacs now. And the Average Salary is around 13 lacs. Median Salary which most of the batch gets would be even more lesser. In this case lets consider 10 lacs. with a Loan on 20 lacs, you need to repay 50000 per month for 5-7 Years.

Considering this scenario, Is it feasible to go for this program. Please share your views on this.

thanks,
Anil

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have few doubts:

The fees is around 20 lacs now. And the Average Salary is around 13 lacs. Median Salary which most of the batch gets would be even more lesser. In this case lets consider 10 lacs. with a Loan on 20 lacs, you need to repay 50000 per month for 5-7 Years.

Considering this scenario, Is it feasible to go for this program. Please share your views on this.

thanks,
Anil

Even i have same doubt:)
priyadarsh Says
Even i have same doubt:)

But no one here wants to answer this. I think everyone are going with the same thought, so unable to answer it.
anilait007 Says
But no one here wants to answer this. I think everyone are going with the same thought, so unable to answer it.

The average sal in india is 13 lacs for april 2010 batch as specified in spjain webiste...we hope that the average sal is going to increase batchwise provided the market is good...there are 3 batches in before us...nov 2010 - placement is in process, although the current market cond is very bad...apr 2011 - campusing will start from feb 2012...and nov 2011 has just joined...and then us....so long time man....no doubt it is an expensive course...but if u want to do ur mba in abroad then this is the cheapest u can get with AIM i suppose...plus it is easy to sell SP jain degree in India
anilait007 Says

@anil,

agreed the placements are not fantastic. i suggest NITIE n SPJIMR should be preferred over SPJCM. still its better than MDI, IIM-Shillong and the likes.
I make 9 LPA and have 2.5 yrs of wrk-ex. CG 7.8, B. Tech. Comp Science from BITS-Pilani. i will be joining the course in Apr, 12.

Now funda is, i spend a total of 22 Lacs for the course. i get 11-12 LPA job in India after the course.
or i go to SPJIMR and i pay 12 lacs for the course. i get a 13-14 LPA job.

now the 1 yr i save in SPJCM will in a way earn me my extra fee!!
2ndly SPJCM gives me a lot of Global exposure and its certain to climb in Rankings and placements with time.
3rdly i get a chance of some high paying jobs in Singapore and Dubai as well, u cant undermine this fact.

i missed SPJIMR Operations seat by a whisker last yr. i had CAT 98+ and XAT 99+
this yr i converted Marketing at SPJCM and could have most likely converted SPJIMR Marketing as well had i applied. i am a Presales consultant with onsite exp plus lots of extra - curriculars. but considering all what i explained above i chose to go for SPJCM. also to add i dint get a good GMAT score, hence dint apply to ISB. this is my small story. hope this helps you.

Also, if ppl really wanna play safe and have 2 yrs at their expense.....SPJIMR is better than SPJCM atleast in the near future.

lemme know if any other info is needed.

cheers,
Ankit
avikmba2012 Says
The average sal in india is 13 lacs for april 2010 batch as specified in spjain webiste...we hope that the average sal is going to increase batchwise provided the market is good...there are 3 batches in before us...nov 2010 - placement is in process, although the current market cond is very bad...apr 2011 - campusing will start from feb 2012...and nov 2011 has just joined...and then us....so long time man....no doubt it is an expensive course...but if u want to do ur mba in abroad then this is the cheapest u can get with AIM i suppose...plus it is easy to sell SP jain degree in India

Yes i agree. Infact even i thought about it in the same way. I wanted to do a one year course as i have more than 3 years of experience. It hurts to go for a 2 Year course apart from Top IIM's after having so much experience.

Thanks for your views on this.
@anil,

agreed the placements are not fantastic. i suggest NITIE n SPJIMR should be preferred over SPJCM. still its better than MDI, IIM-Shillong and the likes.
I make 9 LPA and have 2.5 yrs of wrk-ex. CG 7.8, B. Tech. Comp Science from BITS-Pilani. i will be joining the course in Apr, 12.

Now funda is, i spend a total of 22 Lacs for the course. i get 11-12 LPA job in India after the course.
or i go to SPJIMR and i pay 12 lacs for the course. i get a 13-14 LPA job.

now the 1 yr i save in SPJCM will in a way earn me my extra fee!!
2ndly SPJCM gives me a lot of Global exposure and its certain to climb in Rankings and placements with time.
3rdly i get a chance of some high paying jobs in Singapore and Dubai as well, u cant undermine this fact.

i missed SPJIMR Operations seat by a whisker last yr. i had CAT 98+ and XAT 99+
this yr i converted Marketing at SPJCM and could have most likely converted SPJIMR Marketing as well had i applied. i am a Presales consultant with onsite exp plus lots of extra - curriculars. but considering all what i explained above i chose to go for SPJCM. also to add i dint get a good GMAT score, hence dint apply to ISB. this is my small story. hope this helps you.

Also, if ppl really wanna play safe and have 2 yrs at their expense.....SPJIMR is better than SPJCM atleast in the near future.

lemme know if any other info is needed.

cheers,
Ankit

Hi Ankit,

Man you get a very good salary for the experience of 2.5 Years. Even i have more than 3 Years of experience. Yes i see many advantages of joining SPJCM apart from salary aspect.

Before talking all these let me secure admission first, then lets discuss on curriculum and placements etc later. I don't know this time around i will get through or not. I was rejected last time. May be because of large chunk applying for ITM. I have applied again this time. Let me hope for the best.

My profile:
Graduation: B.E.
% Marks - 75
Experience - More than 3 Years.
Extra Curricular - Many to mention in the application.

Let me hope i get through this time. Thanks for your reply. I will reply soon here with my result.

Thanks,
Anil
Hi Ankit,

Man you get a very good salary for the experience of 2.5 Years. Even i have more than 3 Years of experience. Yes i see many advantages of joining SPJCM apart from salary aspect.

Before talking all these let me secure admission first, then lets discuss on curriculum and placements etc later. I don't know this time around i will get through or not. I was rejected last time. May be because of large chunk applying for ITM. I have applied again this time. Let me hope for the best.

My profile:
Graduation: B.E.
% Marks - 75
Experience - More than 3 Years.
Extra Curricular - Many to mention in the application.

Let me hope i get through this time. Thanks for your reply. I will reply soon here with my result.

Thanks,
Anil

Sure........Good Luck πŸ˜ƒ

I am planning to apply for GLSCM, anybody intending for the same or already selected please guide me for this

My Profile
I am a Merchant Navy officer,
Currently working with British Petroleum (work-ex-4 years)
Grads-74.1%
12th-68%
planning for April 2012 Batch

I would personally urge you all to join our Facebook group and participate in the discussions there.

There are 25+ of us there already and your queries will be resolved much faster. Link is in the first post of the thread πŸ˜ƒ

I am planning to apply for GLSCM, anybody intending for the same or already selected please guide me for this

My Profile
I am a Merchant Navy officer,
Currently working with British Petroleum (work-ex-4 years)
Grads-74.1%
12th-68%
planning for April 2012 Batch

hello priyadarsh,

you hv a good profile. u can easily secure a SCM seat provided u get a decent SPJAT/CAT/GMAT score accompanied with decent Class X n XII scores.
we have a few deferred guys for SCM for Apr batch.
SCM batch placements are quite good for SPJCM. Dubai is a great hub for Supply Chain/Operations/Logistics.

if u have any particular questions, do let us know?
u can also join the FB group as Rajeev has suggested.

cheers πŸ˜ƒ