Rules, How to, FAQ etc etc etc

Hello Fellow Junta, I wanted to clarify a few things which I have been asked repeatedly by different users. I’ll try and update this document as and when newer questions get to me. 1) My SMILEY ain’t working or showing up !? Allright…

Hello Fellow Junta,

I wanted to clarify a few things which I have been asked repeatedly by different users. I'll try and update this document as and when newer questions get to me.

1) My SMILEY ain't working or showing up !?
Allrighty, make sure you leave a space between the smiley and the previous word. Else it won't work and you will see the raw text output of the smiley.

2) What's this STICKY business ?
Stickies are posts which can be posted only by moderators/admins and they remain on top of the forum. They will only contain important information which is relevant to all users.

3) What's this BBCode thingie ?
All the text effects like colour, font, quotes etc are included in BBCode. So if you have included those in your message , make sure you DONT DISABLE it during posting.

4) Avatars ?
The images below the nicknames are avatars. Select yours from the wide collection available or upload your own. You need to log on and then goto Profile. There you will see the option for avatars.

5) Any easier way to use the QUOTE function ?
Sure there is. Select the text to be quoted using your mouse/keyboard and click on the Quote button.

6) Can I post a poll ?
Yes, you sure can. Just make sure it is in the interest of all the members and is in the appropriate forum.

7) Whats this PM ?
It means -> Personal Message. You can send it to users of this forum. The message is not mailed to the user, but it is stored on the site itself. The receiver has to visit the site to check his/her PM.

8 ) Are you crazy ?
YOU BET :splat:

9) I am addicted to this forum. Any recourse ?
No way. Thou shalt remain enslaved to this place forever.

Rules:
1) Anything goes. Its a friendly bunch here.

2) Don't make personal attacks on anyone. If anybody is offended by any statement here on the forum, made by anybody, you should PM me. The offending topic/post can be edited/deleted.

New updates :

3) No SPAMMING the Board Members. Any member reported for spamming will be warned. 2 spam reports and you'll be banned. PM me with the SPAM email for proof.

4) Don't open multiple threads. You can reply to your original thread and *bump* it up if you feel it is being ignored.

5) If you are pasting a message, make sure you have the courtesy to remove the >> marks before posting. It just makes it a bit easier on the eyes and doesn't look like SPAM. If you can't make the effort to do it, the mod/admin can delete the thread without warning.

6) Finally, make sure you post in the appropriate forum. Check the forum for previous messages. You might want to append to the same incase the subject matter is similar.

Also, learn to use the SEARCH function which comes along with the forum. The search link can be found on the top navigation bar of the forum.

So that concludes it for this episode :). If you wish to see anything more added here, then let me know or reply to this post. Have FUN

Thanks for your time.

8 ) Are you crazy ?
YOU BET

did someone actually post that question? or you added it in..as per Rule #1: Anything goes. Its a friendly bunch here.

9) I am addicted to this forum. Any recourse ?
No way. Thou shalt remain enslaved to this place forever.

i felt this was an attack towards me *grin*

i felt this was an attack towards me *grin*

Hahahahaa.. it was you and a couple more around here
Its good in a certain sense pal , else the forum wouldn't be here without you guys et gals.

8 ) Are you crazy ?
YOU BET

The above questions fairly falls into one of the most often asked questions. I have been asked many times before and that's my answer

Hahahahaa.. it was you and a couple more around here
Its good in a certain sense pal , else the forum wouldn't be here without you guys et gals

sounds like you're obliged to us .. woo hoo pagalguy .. jee-oh mere lal 😉

The question fairly falls into one of the most often asked questions. I have been asked many times before and that's my answer

alright fair enough..just had to ask and be double-sure 😉

umm...a doubt...
who decides whoz a cat newbie, cat maharaja, cat expert...etc...etc?
and wuts the criteria?:wink:

The criteria is the no. of posts which decides the rank of the poster. After each milestone no. of posts, your rank will move higher. This will also be indicated by the graphic image below your rank.

Also, this ranking system is totally automated. So as soon as you reach the no. of posts your rank gets changed automatically.

Regards,

awrite!
thx for the info

The Best Things in Life are Either Costly or Married!!!

???

???

wuts there that u dont understand dude?

Rules Updated.

hey allwin

i just came across a site which is a ditto replica of pagalguy.com

ascenteducation.com
check out its mba forum
i was shocked to see it

i just came across a site which is a ditto replica of pagalguy.com
ascenteducation.com
check out its mba forum

why so shocked?? it too uses the same phpbb software as does this forum..thats it..i have seen so many forums that look like pg.com...but then ascent has just 36 users and quote as "the popular discussion board for MBA"..

Hey class_apart,

As anil pointed out, we both use the same software, but what we run is a very heavily modified/hacked version of the same forum software so that we can give it a portal feel, and can build a site around a forum .. rather than the usual other way around.

Regards,

😞 😞 hi mod i donno watz wrong with my reply i havent received even a single one that includez yourself also

i wanna change my avatar and profiles how shuld i proceed

lol.....what do i say......check replies to the query man....anyways u can change ur profile @ http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/usercp.php and when in urgent need of replies, use the shoubtbox, someone is sure to respond... :)

and yes......learn to post only on relevant threads and wait for replies....

Cheers

uRmad Says
and yes......learn to post only on relevant threads and wait for replies....

and once the wait is over.. make sure u check that thread for replies 😉

4) Don't open multiple threads. You can reply to your original thread and *bump* it up if you feel it is being ignored.

5) If you are pasting a message, make sure you have the courtesy to remove the >> marks before posting. It just makes it a bit easier on the eyes and doesn't look like SPAM. If you can't make the effort to do it, the mod/admin can delete the thread without warning.

Hey pagalguy!

Man, this place is awesome n u ppl (admin n mods n others too) r doing a fabulous job, the more i m getting addicted to it, the more i feel y i didnt know of it well b4 CAT... :oops:

Cud u spare some time n b a li'l more descriptive on the above two points. What is *bump*ing n where r those >> marks?

Regds,
buck_was
buck_was Says
Cud u spare some time n b a li'l more descriptive on the above two points. What is *bump*ing n where r those >> marks?

1: Bumping - Posting/Spamming threads started by you so that they stay on top of the "Recent Disc. List" .. and hence catch everyone's attention.
Mind you that post was made by Pagalguy, when the forum had jus' a coupla 100 members. So we dont encourage *bumping* any more.
2: When ever you get a forward message via e-mail, there might be those >> marks to the extreme left hand side of the mail. Please remove those before ctrl-c : ctrl-v those mails.