RTI on CAT 2012

I am dissatisfied with CAT 2012 results and i believe that the score i got ,does not correspond to the performance at the exam .Although I may be *whining *but there is no transparency about the results .Hence I am thinking on filing RTI applicati…

I am dissatisfied with CAT 2012 results and i believe that the score i got ,does not correspond to the performance at the exam .Although I may be whining but there is no transparency about the results .Hence I am thinking on filing RTI application. Coming up with following questions

1)Marks obtained by CAT Registration Number : xyz in both sections
2)Maximum marks obtained in both sections
3)Mean marks obtained in both sections

Does anyone know any others stats that can help to decipher normalization ?

Their is this LOFT thing which they are using.
You can access the full article on the website.
http://www.catiim.in/dev_scorind_equityprocess.html

Please also ask how they are scaling up the score from 180 to 450 and what is the use of that when there is no normalisation ( as per LOFT)

Please keep us updated.
Not satisfied with my score too

Last 24 hours were very tough....
@Alex.
hey let me also know the process to file RTI against score..very unexpected score..i guess we should also ask for how normalization has been done..
please let me know the procedure to file RTI??

even I feel my score is not reflective of my score..

is there no method for review or re-evaluation ?

has anyone filed RTI before ? does it helps ? where to file RTI ?

same with me. Sent them a mail through Contact US and they are sending auto generated replies to me explaning me the scoring pattern.

Let me know if anyone is filing RTI.

P.S: I am not whining.

@priyadarshiM @aayushagarwal Guys, I know how to file RTI , but i want to know exact questions which can help to decipher normalization , I inquired about obtaining question set through RTI but Prometric is not a public body and it only shares stats with IIMs,hence the it's not permissible through RTI but following things can be asked

1)Raw score obtained by candidate in both sections in the slot.
2)Highest raw score obtained in both the sections in the slot.
3)Mean(Average) of raw score in both sections in the slot.
4)Scaling factor used to bring the raw scores on the common scale.

If anyone has a question that can help or above set questions can be improved ?
Guys pitch in your question I will file the RTI .

I think all relevant points are covered..

please tell me as well how to file RTI ? and is there any deadline by which we have to file ?
@aayushagarwal said:
I think all relevant points are covered..

please tell me as well how to file RTI ? and is there any deadline by which we have to file ?
thr is a site rtination.com.. i filed an RTI for my CAT score using this.. u can check it once..

Damn with IIM-K and Prometric, so many shocking scores this year

No use of filing RTI as all answer files of each and every candidate and any other data related to it remains with Prometric. It only provides normalized scores of the candidates to the CAT organizing committee. and Prometric doesn't come under RTI as it is a foreign body.
Hope this helps
@Cr3O4 Are you sure about this ? :O
@aayushagarwal CAT 2012 me jitni Percentile aayi usse jayada sure 😁
@Cr3O4 Hmm... so can't anything be done against this injustice ?

you can't do anything against PROMETRIC

puies you can't do anything against prometric but let me tell you, the IIMs have to give your score through RTI. I know that CAT is being conducted by Prometric. But let me tell you, we all have paid the fees of rupees 1650 to IIMs and they are going to conduct the CAT exam. Now it's their concern that they have given the contract of conducting exam to Prometric, but as they are public institutions, it is mandatory for them to provide you your scores. If we file RTI against IIMs then they have to take scores from prometric and provide us the same. Honorable Supreme Court of India has also given the ruling that each and every exam must provide details of the exam and scores. For IIMs if they call a raw score and scaled score, the display of both is compulsory. The same is happening in case of UPSC exams. They display whole content of exam. So you have all the right to file RTI and IIMs have to provide you the relevant information. There is no prometric involved.