Rotman MBA Class of 2014 Aspirants

Hi Puys, The previous thread has become too bulky hence starting a new one… Useful details can be found at the previous thread - http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/13228-admitted-rotman-business-sc

Hi Puys,

The previous thread has become too bulky hence starting a new one..

Useful details can be found at the previous thread - http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/admitted-rotman-business-schooltoronto-25013228

Had applied to Rotman on Oct 20th, got a mail stating that my interview will be scheduled in a couple of weeks time and the decision will be communicated by Nov end.

Has anyone applied to Rotman yet?

What is the average GMAT Score for this particular B School.

And please give some insight about the alumni network for the same.

I got a mail from them regarding their information session in India. I'm hoping to attend the one in Bangalore.

Cheers!

Hi Puys,

The previous thread has become too bulky hence starting a new one..

Useful details can be found at the previous thread - http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/admitted-rotman-business-schooltoronto-25013228

Had applied to Rotman on Oct 20th, got a mail stating that my interview will be scheduled in a couple of weeks time and the decision will be communicated by Nov end.

Has anyone applied to Rotman yet?

Yes I have also applied yesterday. So Mbadream what happened to your interview. Did it happen and what did they ask you.

And dear reviliant The average GMAT is 654.

Regards,
Gurinder Singh
Yes I have also applied yesterday. So Mbadream what happened to your interview. Did it happen and what did they ask you.

And dear reviliant The average GMAT is 654.

Regards,
Gurinder Singh

Nopes.. they told me that someone from the Adcom would be getting in touch by this week.
mbadream12 Says
Nopes.. they told me that someone from the Adcom would be getting in touch by this week.

Hi there, I applied early on oct 3rd, did my interview on oct 28 when I flew into Rotman for a campus visit, and got my admission offer last wed. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to help. Thanks.
ajantis Says
Hi there, I applied early on oct 3rd, did my interview on oct 28 when I flew into Rotman for a campus visit, and got my admission offer last wed. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to help. Thanks.

Hey ajantis!

Congrats buddy.. can u let us knw ur profile and the interview experience..
btw who interviewed u?
nd ny schol?

thnks,
mbadream12

Hi there

My profile.
Studied at us top public uni undergrad gpa 3.95/4 masters grade A- BA/ma in social science.
GMAT 760 verbal 44 quant 50 awa 6
9 years experience, half in strategy/public policy, half in retail operations/strategy for a us mnc working in Singapore/China

The interview is pretty straightforward. The questions have all been summarized in previous threads.
Essentially -
why rotman, why MBA in Canada, how rotman can help with your career goal
Tell me about a difficult decision you had to make
What would you like me to tell the admissions committee
Tell me about your work

I did get an entrance scholarship, 50k. They will tell you in your email. If you don't see anything in your email, it means there probably is no scholarship.
Hope that helps.

Hi there

My profile.
Studied at us top public uni gpa 3.95/4. BA/ma in social science.
9 years experience, half in strategy/public policy, half in retail management for a us mnc working in Singapore

The interview is pretty straightforward. The questions have all been summarized in previous threads.
Essentially -
Tell me about your work

I did get an entrance scholarship, 50k. They will tell you in your email. If you don't see anything in your email, it means there probably is no scholarship.
Hope that helps.

Hey buddy.. sent u a pm
Hi there

My profile.
Studied at us top public uni gpa 3.95/4. BA/ma in social science.
9 years experience, half in strategy/public policy, half in retail management for a us mnc working in Singapore

Essentially -
Tell me about your work

Hope that helps.

Also, I visited both York schulich and rotman campsues as I was applying to both of the programs. Am doing my interview with Queens this weekend. So let me know if you also need a perspective on what the different schools feel like. One more thing, Rotman will be expanding its intake for this year by one section, from 265 to 330. More open spots, but also more competition for internships etc. So something to consider as you decide which school to go for.

Dear Ajantis,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Rotman is visiting Delhi on 25th and 26th November and I have selected a slot for interview as they emailed me to select it. Have already submitted my application. But my GMAT is only 640 and i don't think they will give me scholarship. But I am attaching my profile if someone has any comment to make then I would be happy...you should benefit from people's experiences.....:)

My profile:
BA in Economics from Delhi University
MA in Economics from India's best school, Delhi School of Economics (Merit list entrance exams, first division in
all semesters)
Running the operations of an NGO (rangde.org)for Delhi region for last 2 years
Topper in School
Have excellent Extra Curriculars
Written a research paper and presented in UCSD, California
Countries visited: Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, USA, South Korea

WE: Consulting to government for infrastructure projects for last 3 years (working on India's largest infrastructure project, Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor)

After getting into this MBA mode, I have learnt marketing myself the most...

Regards,
Gurinder Singh

ajantis Says
Also, I visited both York schulich and rotman campsues as I was applying to both of the programs. Am doing my interview with Queens this weekend. So let me know if you also need a perspective on what the different schools feel like. One more thing, Rotman will be expanding its intake for this year by one section, from 265 to 330. More open spots, but also more competition for internships etc. So something to consider as you decide which school to go for.

It would really be great if you could post your take on the three schools..
On the brighter side, increasing the intake would also enable us to network to more people and also create a larger alum base...

Dear MBA dream, I never thought that is one of the advantages of a larger class....I was always thinking that a large class means less chances of job and all that....Rotman is going for a new campus...and facilities will not be an issue but I was worried about jobs and internships...

G

If those of you who have the admit and those who have applied to rotman, I shall be highly grateful, if you can suggest whether i shud go for rotman application this year on the basis of my profile:

10th-90
12th-94
Grad-Elec engg(NIT-reputed in india)- 9.29/10 CGPA
WE- Thermal power generation since july 2009, so till i join my MBA, i shall have completed 3 years.
EC- excellent.
Awards-excellent-national level schol during college

GMAT SCORE????????????? priyagosweet

sorry, forgot Gmat,
GMAT: 700(Q: 47 VA: 36)

In my opinion definitely u shud give it a try, their average GMAT is 654 so 700 is way above average and there is no reason why they should not give you a chance at least. Just focus on essays, join some institute who can guide you to select schools. Work Ex is OK but not high so u need to tell in ur essays why it is the right time for you to do MBA.

Guds

Dear MBA dream, I never thought that is one of the advantages of a larger class....I was always thinking that a large class means less chances of job and all that....Rotman is going for a new campus...and facilities will not be an issue but I was worried about jobs and internships...

G

Jobs and internships are on top of everybody's minds but a larger class size should not deter that. In a scenario when companies do not actually come to the campus for placements I guess its anyone's ball game and and there is absolutely no need to worry about the increase of a mere 65 odd students.

On the flip side, it adds on to the rich experience and networking, one of the top reasons for an MBA.

Rotman has a 87% success rate within the first three months(more that some of the top US Bschools) coupled with the fact that you automatically get a 3 yr work permit.
If those of you who have the admit and those who have applied to rotman, I shall be highly grateful, if you can suggest whether i shud go for rotman application this year on the basis of my profile:

10th-90
12th-94
Grad-Elec engg(NIT-reputed in india)- 9.29/10 CGPA
WE- Thermal power generation since july 2009, so till i join my MBA, i shall have completed 3 years.
EC- excellent.
Awards-excellent-national level schol during college

Of course, you seem to hav a stellar profile. Whats holding you back?